New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 8:52AM in How much have you saved?
3.1K replies 187.3K views

Replies

• MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    10.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great Skinty! Can't beat a good curry.
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yum, MF woohooo to recipe. I will try it!!!! 

Ladies we are a quarter of the way through the year. 
    Try to have a minimal spend year in 2021
    Saving change in money box.
  • doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yum, MF woohooo to recipe. I will try it!!!! 

Ladies we are a quarter of the way through the year. 
    Well that is a scary thought!
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have been really tired the last few days. Not sure why as I haven’t done much apart from walking the dog & a bit of housework (cleaned bathroom and sorted more paperwork) The rest of the time has mostly been spent snoozing and watching tv. 

My rotary washing line has collapsed. It was here when we moved in over 20 years ago so I’m not surprised that the metal has corroded beyond repair. I popped into wilko & they had a large 4 sided one on offer down from £50 to £35. Will take money from the household bills account to cover the cost. Managed to get one load of washing hung out & mostly dried. Had kfc for lunch as it was the last day of my holiday, paid for from entertainment fund. 

Just waiting to hear back from a friend to see if they want to walk the dogs together this morning 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
    15.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent yesterday in bed and think my tiredness has gone i hope you can rest today it will help, this has been quite a stressful time for you with work, little doggie's illness. Well done on washing and drying and for buying the new washing line. Your savings are coming in useful which is brill.
    10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes we don't listen to our bodies and in return they take drastic measures, forcing us to slow down.

20 years use is good, the new one sounds good.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Managed 2 dog walks yesterday. Friend had a lie in but we met up for the later walk. Had fish & chips with free delivery and 25% off for dinner.  Not much done in the way of housework I am getting lazy. 

Just about to walk the dog. Planning to hoover & wash the patio today. All food will be from stores
    b - ham & cheese on toast
    l - pulled pork & salad
    D - chicken tikka & veg rice

Home insurance renewal has arrived & gone up by £4. I will do some quotes later & see if I can get same cover cheaper. 

Back to working from home tomorrow 

0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
    15.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two dog walks is great. I stayed in all day. Glad you had fish and chips - yum. The food plan sounds great. I hope you get a good deal on the insurance. 
    10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not getting lazy, you actually sound exhausted, which isn't surprising with everything going on.

See how the other quotes come out and if you don't find one you like ask your renewal insurer for a better price as you've not claimed; did that with mine and got 10% more off.
  • doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I was as lazy as you are!
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.