Get a grip !

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Babs. Took her for a lovely long walk this morning. Then my friend messaged and I went for a chat & a long walk with her, so I am shattered & hobbling around now. It was worth it though. Nice to get out in the sun ☀️ 

Puppy dog has just thrown up again. Lots of dry chicken lumps in it but she hasn’t eaten chicken for days. Will give her just dog kibble for next 48 hours & lead walks only. If she is sick again over next few days will have to take her back to the vet. Otherwise she is her normal self, eating & drinking and zooming around up and down the stairs earlier 😆 

Phoned the pet insurance & they have not received the latest claim yet. Phoned the emergency vet & they said it can take up to 2 weeks to send off, but they have just text me saying they have now submitted it. Credit card bill is due on 28th so hopefully should have some of the bill refund by then.  
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Would it be worth trying smaller meals, but a few more of them. Just in case she's really hungry, wolf's it down too quick and then throws up? Or letting the kibble soak in water for a bit before handing it over, then it's already swollen and not swelling up in her tummy when she drinks afterwards.

It has been a lovely day today, hope you have a restful evening.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Poor puppydog, hope she's feeling better soon. 
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Poor puppy! At the moment you are going through too much stress. I think it is a good idea to rest for a bit. All being well things will be back to normal by summer and you will have time to put the house on the market well before then when you are rested. Try to rest and relax as you are going through too much at work and stress about puppy is too much to cope with. Sending you love and hugs. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Puppy dog is fine again 😊 We have cut out all fruit & veg and just giving her dog kibble & her stomach has settled. 

She has meals at 5am and 5pm & has a carrot at lunch time plus sometimes bits of apple, banana, cucumber during the day. She’s fine on just kibble so maybe the fruit & veg are too much fibre too soon after her last stomach upset. Will stick to just her kibble for a few days then gradually reintroduce other bits. 

Over the weekend I cleaned the cooker hood & took the hob apart & cleaned all the burners. At least it is 2 things off my list. 

Last night we had chinese with 10% off & free delivery 😋 paid for mine from my entertainment fund. 

Just been out with the dog. Met a few others on the field who were happy for her to run around after the ball with their dogs so she had a whale of a time. She’s snoring in her chair now. Alright for some ... I’m just starting work 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    That's a relief about PD.
    Chipping away at your to do list will provide a sense of clearing it, try to pick a job to suit your mood, saves getting disheartened.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    That is a long list!  Will dividing it into priorities and having a few small lists help? It would me but we are all different...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I feel better with one list so it’s all in one place & I feel I’ve accomplished something as I cross things off rather than knowing I’ve got more lists to clear after the first one. But that’s just me, as you say everyone is different, whatever works. 

The weather was lovely yesterday. DS & gf took the dog to the forest. I met up with a friend and we went for a walk and a chat. Got a message from my other friend while we were out to say she has viewings booked all week so she’s decided to remarket for the 3rd time. Can’t say it’s encouraging me to sell. 

Living off savings diary
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Don't get disheartened Skinty, some sales are like that, not many are and go through with the first offer.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    The wind is howling and I can’t sleep. I did an online shop today £28.96 including £3 delivery as I can’t get the energy to go shopping & it was pouring with rain most of the day. 

Food includes spatchcock garlic chicken which I roasted this afternoon. One portion for dinner with homemade sweet potato wedges & roasted courgette, peppers, onion & mushrooms. One portion of the same for the freezer & the rest shredded for salad or wraps or with the Moroccan cous cous I bought.  Should be enough for 6 meals. I will need 14 meals for a week of lunches and dinners. 

I also got a 750g pack of mince which should make several portions of chilli & spag bol with a tin of tomatoes and veg/beans/mushrooms plus pasta bake with a tin of cream of tomato soup as a base for the sauce & cheese on top. So that should be another 6 - 8 meals. 

I have 2 chicken breasts in the freezer from last week & some natural yoghurt so I will make fajitas with wraps. I  got lots of fruit so I have apples, pears, bananas & easy peeler satsumas which should last a week. Confession time ...I also got a Jamaican ginger cake & a tin of custard and had some for pud 😋

I walked the dog in the morning before the rain & wind started up & DS and his gf walked her in the evening. 

My friend has 2 offers on her house so she has taken it off the market again while the buyers battle it out, phew what a roller coaster ride!

Living off savings diary
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback