New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 8:52AM in How much have you saved?
3K replies 186.1K views

Replies

• Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have been aching all over today like the flu. Possibly side effects of the jab. Took the dog to the park this morning & she had a run around after her ball. She’s back on her normal food now & everything else back to normal 🤗

I fell asleep after work 😴 DS has walked her this evening. I feel exhausted. Trying to stay awake to go to bed after 9pm 😆
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    10.4K posts
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should pass in a few days, take it easy, keep eating and wrap up.

Great news about PD, we can all relax again now 😃
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor you, yikes i have mine on Saturday. I hope you get better v soon. Glad puppy is ok. 
    Try to have a minimal spend year in 2021
    Saving change in money box.
  • riotladyriotlady Forumite
    291 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Ahh glad puppy dog is doing well! Hope you feel better soon, look after yourself 
    5.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    So glad it’s Friday. So tired. 
    Poor puppy dog has thrown up again this afternoon. Gave her an ice cube in her water bowl to soothe her throat & now she is snoozing on her chair. I’m laid out on the kitchen sofa next to her chair. 

Tried to make coconut flour pancakes this morning. Total disaster. They looked like polenta & didn’t set when fried. Threw them away. Will look up another recipe. 

My friend has lost her buyer, second time. They had their surveyor round weeks ago but now they pulled out as can’t afford it. She’s very upset & wants me to go round tomorrow. It’s so hard to say no. 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    6.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel for your friend. It is so soul destroying to have to relist and begin again. 
    When it happened to me I gave myself a week to lick my wounds then I relisted. It is a great time of year to do it and the budget has peaked the interest of first time buyers.

Funnily I threw out some coconut flour. I could never have a success with it...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
    10.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only ever made cakes and biscuits with the flour, never attempted anything else.

Is there something in PD's food which she has developed an intolerance to, or is she nibbling on things she shouldn't be? 

Do an outside visit, if the weather is ok. 
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor dog and poor friend. I hope your friend get's an offer v soon. It is such a scary time for many.
    Try to have a minimal spend year in 2021
    Saving change in money box.
    5.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The dog is a total scavenger & always finding & eating gross things she shouldn’t. 🤢Anyway she has been fine since. 

The mornings are getting lighter. Just about to get up & take her for a walk. 

I am trying to motivate myself to finish some jobs around the house this weekend. I am going to leave the main decorating until Easter when I have 2 weeks off. Then it’s either on the market, or remortgage to get DS & gf out, or just sit tight for another year & then re-evaluate once covid has settled & we see what the work situation is. I am finding my anxiety levels are high at the moment & finding it hard to make even simple decisions so I will leave it until Easter. 

I need to make 2 lists, one a small jobs snagging list & one bigger jobs list for Easter hols. 

Snagging list so far 
    - patch up small section of the paint on the bathroom wall around new replacement shower which is smaller than the last one (did one coat with a watercolour paint brush a few weeks ago) 
    - paint chip in bath
    - patch up stain on wood in bathroom which went streaky when I used a strong bath cleaner on it by mistake 
    - fix kitchen window blinds currently held together with a peg 
    - use grout pen on bathroom tiles 
    - repaint one wall in utility room where I filled a crack with paintable flexible mastic but didn’t have enough paint left to cover it. 
    - Woodstain the extra coat hook added in the hall to match existing ones & patch up kitchen door where puppy dog chewed it a few years ago. 
    - wash grease off kitchen spot lights & ceiling fan 
    - finish washing coving in kitchen 
    - wash grease off wooden cooker hood. If we end up staying I am tempted to rip it out & replace with more modern stainless one that will be easier to clean but will clean it in the meantime 

The sun is out & starting to melt the frost. I will try & do at least one job on my list later today. 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    10.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's dogs for you!

In your position, I would be looking to downsize, that would take out the need to remain earning as much as the current job is paying and reduce overall stress. Part of your stress is not knowing what's going on with DS and GF, the other is your job.

Cooker hoods are about £100, if you're around for another 6+ months, swap it out and make your life easier.

Have you still got some stain block left?

Tackle small snags now, leave the bigger ones for Easter when you've brain space. If you don't feel up to any of it, please don't come down hard on yourself 💐