New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 8:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.4K replies 177.7K views

Replies

• Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    My to-do List has grown 😆 but I am slowly working my way down it. 
    Make bacon turnovers✅
    Wash towels ✅
    Cut open face cream ✅
    Bleach clean bathroom ✅
    Descale shower glass✅
    Check toilet Cistern 
    Hoover dog carpet 
    Hoover stairs
    Wipe down stairs skirtings✅
    Cut grass 
    Mop floor kitchen 
    Mop Bathroom Floor✅
    Pour boiling water on patio 
    Weed forecourt 
    Clean kitchen windowsill ✅
    Iron jeans /cut off trousers✅
    Wash outdoor food recycling caddy ✅

It’s been a day of two halves today. Got loads done this morning. Then slept most of the afternoon. Feel ok now. 

Have just washed / bleached the outdoor food recycling caddy. Even the bit we throw out (used tea bags, Chicken bones, egg shells,  Apple cores, banana skins, Peelings etc) we use recycling bags in the caddy but there is still a stinking mess in the bottom 🤢 

We also have 2 wheelie bins. The black sack rubbish (no food waste) wheelie bin & the Recycling cardboard/plastic bottle/cans wheelie bin could do with a scrub out with bleach too but they are not as bad/ smelly so I will leave that job for another day. 😉

Am relaxing for the rest of the evening now. Will start again tomorrow & work through the remaining jobs.

I had an email from the leaking shoe company. I asked for a refund after my feet were wet in “Waterproof” walking shoes. Their shoes are guaranteed for 12 months. They have again called me by my surname which I find really rude, especially as I told them last time & my name is correct on my account eg say my name was Jane Doe their email says Dear Doe. They have told  me to take them to the store for a refund. I am not going to their store in the middle of a pandemic! I have emailed them again and pointed out that last time I just posted them and got a full refund. I hope they are not going to say there is no one there to check the shoes & give me a refund (ie all working from home) 
    Anyway, vent over, will see what they come back with. 

0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    We use a bit of newspaper (free property ones etc from the supermarket) in our caddy, seems to work better than the bags. 

The shoe company are rude. I can't believe they want a physical return rather than postal, considering you ordered them online.
  • edited 12 July at 6:52AM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 July at 6:52AM
    Irenadler said:
    Hello SyA
    Wow, you are busy! I hope you get that toilet sorted, mine does that sometimes so I take the cistern lid off, and, I think the technical term is 'jiggle it' until it stops flushing. It has worked for now, 
    😂 Thanks Irene (image of you doing a “jiggle it” while jiggling  the loo too 😂)   It’s been going for months but our toilet doesn’t have a chain or ballcock valve or anything to wiggle 🙁 It looks similar to this

JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you can repair it. Your list looks long. I hope the weather stays nice so we can stay happy whilst we do the tasks. 
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
    6.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure someone posted in the DIY section about one of those flushes, might be worth a look if DF can't sort you out.
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭

Check toilet Cistern 
    Hoover dog carpet 
    Hoover stairs
    Wipe down stairs skirting etc
    Cut grass 
    Mop kitchen floor 
    Pour boiling water on patio weeds
    Weed forecourt 
    Wash dog towels

Ok so this is my list for today to keep me motivated & on track. I have been following DF’s phone instructions, but the part I need to adjust is seized up. I have sprayed it with mr muscles descaler & will leave it for a while before trying again. If I can’t fix it it will wait for DF to visit even if that’s next year. We are not on a water meter but it’s just annoying to hear trickling water & a waste. 

I’m just about to hoover while it’s still cool enough. The washing machine is just finishing.  It’s meant to be quite hot later 🥵 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I have managed to fix the toilet by adjusting the fill valve 🤗 not sure how much a plumber would have charged but definitely a saving there ! 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    6.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    On a Sunday? You've probably saved yourself £180+ well done you! 
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well they say bad luck comes in threes. I was just finishing hoovering and managed to fall on the stairs, just landed on my back side & just bruised. Not done anything since. Will be sitting very carefully for a few days 😆 That’s 3 falls this year will have to be more careful ! 

JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    6.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG, at least it wasn't your ankle again! Pre-emptive painkillers, rest and I hope you are ok in the morning.