Get a grip !

Options

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,924 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Refunds are a bit slower at the moment, but they do arrive.

The prime worked well when you needed it and you've made good use of it! 

Hopefully the sun will appear soon 🌞
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The sun is shining & it is lovely outside. 

Finished work at 3 and was planning to walk to the chemist but they do not have my repeat prescription I requested on Monday 😟 Phoned the GP & receptionist couldn’t confirm if they had received the request from the chemist only that they haven’t dealt with it. They will get Dr to sign it off this evening but not sure it will get to chemist before Monday. I run out of pills tomorrow. 🙁

Phoned george & they have processed one refund & sent an email immediately whilst I was on the phone. They said they would process the 2nd refund too but I still haven’t had an email about that one yet. 

Also tried to phone the leaking shoe company but I was still number 10 in the queue after waiting 10 minutes so I gave up. Will wait for a reply to my email and hope the next person that looks at it is not as useless as the last people! 

Cooked a pack of sausages this morning & had 2 on a roll for breakfast. The rest have been frozen in twos for other dinners / breakfasts. 

Was not hungry for lunch. Have just had an icecream 😋 Dinner will be either pizza from freezer, roast duck & pancakes with hoisin sauce kit with cucumber slices & shredded spring onions, or roast chicken with roast pots & parsnips & veg. Decisions decisions! ☺️

0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Can you pop to the Dr to collect the prescription? That's what irked me about the chemist ordering my meds, they would screw it up, request things I didn't need and wouldn't request what I did; I've still got months of two of my meds!

Hopefully all refunds will arrive soon.

Sausage are great and adaptable for many different snacks / meals. Cook a bit of everything, pretend you are at a buffet 😁
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We have to wait a week to collect ours. I do hope you can get the pills tomorrow. Yikes that's stress you don't need.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    edited 17 July 2020 at 7:29PM
    Options
    I was told by my chemist that meds should be ready by Friday when I ordered on Monday. I will order a bit earlier next time. 

Phoned chemist back at 6pm as advised & prescription was ready, so went for a nice evening walk & collected it.  A chap had just come out & got in his van with a box of just for men 😆 He told me to ring the bell as the pharmacist had locked the door to prevent thieves. We were having a joke about him not going out tonight as he is doing his hair & then he asked if he could use just for men on his pubic hair 😳 I went inside quick & told the pharmacist to lock the door 😆

Dinner tonight will be duck wraps with hoisin sauce. I have a whole chicken goes out of date tomorrow so I am going to cook it in the morning when it is cooler. I will do a tray of roast potatoes & parsnips then portion up a couple of roast dinners for the freezer. The rest I will shred & freeze & use for lunches next week on wraps or sandwiches or with salad. 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Hope you told him to read the instructions as it says no 😁
    Definitely order earlier, you can't risk being without your meds.
    Meal plans sound delicious, as always!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I got the date wrong on the chicken so I can roast that on Sunday when it’s forecast cooler & rain. 🤗 

plans for the weekend are scaled down so not as physical

-sew hem on curtains at kitchen patio doors 
    -clean hob 
    - hose down patio 
    -pour boiling water on weeds in patio

Food plan 
    sat - breakfast - baked bean & cheese toastie using up last of tin of savers beans left from when I made chilli. Dinner - chicken & green pepper in blackbean sauce & one extra portion for freezer 

sun - 
    Breakfast - Bacon on toasted cheese muffin to use up last of bacon left from when I made bacon turnovers which are in freezer 
    Dinner - Roast chicken, roast potatoes & parsnips, broccoli carrots & gravy 

Living off savings diary
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Lovely morning have unloaded the dishwasher & towels are just finishing in the washing machine. Have got a couple of loads of washing to do as it’s meant to get hot later  🥵 

Adding a few things to my to-do list 
    -descale kettle & shower head
    -sort cardboard for recycling & polystyrene in utility room ready for bin as DS & gf have not got round to re-booking for the tip
    -sew hem on curtains at kitchen patio doors 
    -clean hob 
    - hose down patio 
    -pour boiling water on weeds in patio

I will just be pottering around this weekend and am going to catch up on reading my book. May sit in the garden if I can get the sun lounger out & sit comfortably! 😳Otherwise I will be reclining on the kitchen sofa with the patio doors open 😊

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy pottering and rest that back.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    I hope you've done equal parts of to do list and rest, that's an awful lot of physical work on a hot day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback