New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 8:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.2K replies 175.4K views

Replies

• Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seem to have bruised my coccyx. What a pain in the posteria !
    (haha auto correct changed that to listeria 😆)

I need to work today & then I intended to take back the unwanted clothes to Asda for a refund on my credit card. Will see how I feel later after sitting down for 6 hours. Quite painful at the moment, need to top up on pain meds. 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £191 / £1000
  • edited 13 July at 8:10AM
    MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 July at 8:10AM
    Yeah, that's pretty painful! Could you make a cushion from a blanket or throw, needs to be shaped like a polo to avoid pressing on it when sitting.

I've sent you a recipe, based on your post in IA's thread, enjoy!
    4.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s actually not too bad sitting or walking. It’s when I bend or if I lean back, or if I turn over during the night 😵 Thank you for the recipe ☺️

Worked 8-2pm then went to Asda to return part of my clothes order for a refund. Grabbed some tikka powder £1 in the world food aisle to mix with natural yoghurt for chicken tikka. Got out fast as very little social distancing going on & only seemed to be me using the hand gel on my way in & out !  

Once the clothes refund goes back on my card & I get the bills money from DS & his gf (16th) I will pay my credit card bill and then see if there is anything left for savings 

JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh it's horrid when the body restricts things. Takes strategic planning to turn in bed.

I've other recipes for pudding / sweet nibbles. They are from the student book I'm always recommending 🤗

I don't know what it is with the big supermarkets, some people seem to leave their brains at the door. The smaller ones and local shops social distancing works and guidance followed.

Ummmm chicken tikka, yummy!
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh noooo. Just rest ok. You must be covered in bruises. Poor you. I hope you are resting now. Really well done on sorting out the loo. 
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
  • atrixaatrixa Forumite
    130 posts
    100 Posts Third Anniversary
    Ouch! I had a similar experience in the shops the other day. Very weird when I'm using hand sanitiser with a mask over my face and someone else is loitering near the checkouts eating snacks with their bare hands... I hope it heals quickly!
    Buying my first house!
  • edited 14 July at 11:23PM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 July at 11:23PM
    Thanks for all your good wishes 🤗
    The pain is very similar to sciatica when I turn over in bed and more of a throbbing ache during the day. That’ll teach me to watch where I’m putting my feet on the stairs! 

Still managed a nice walk with the dog this morning. Worked 9-3. Ordered enough shopping for most of the rest of the month £40.33 with free delivery. That takes my total spend to £124.44 so £120 budget was optimistic. Will be more like £140 as I will still need salad, courgettes & peppers, milk before payday. I bought tinned fruit but find that veg & salad are not lasting as long in the fridge since lockdown. Not sure why, they seem to be going off quicker. 

I will cancel my prime free trial before it ends on 19th July

JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    15K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope the pain fades. Keep knocking back the painkillers it's horrid. Poor you. Well done on walking. The food shopping is expensive but we have to put up with it as it's the safest option. Is it worth putting the setting up on the fridge or moving the salad to a different place in the fridge? (sorry for delay I slept for hours painkillers!!!!)

Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    4.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool this morning but the sky is blue so I’m hoping the sun will make an appearance later. 

Had an email from the leaky shoe company to say they have already issued a refund and it should be in my account. Checked my online shoe account which only shows repayment is pending. Checked bank account & credit card just in case but nothing there or pending. Checked pay pal as that’s the account I used to buy them & nothing there either. So another email sent back to them again. Will definitely not use this well known outdoor Warehouse company again ! 

Still no sign of a refund from Asda either. Clothes were returned Monday. Website says 10 days due to corona so I will try to be patient. 

Starting work at 9am. Have ordered final prime order for fruit & veg, milk cheese eggs. Got some little gem lettuces which I find are sometimes a little bitter but these are the “sweet” variety, bought instead of usual pre-prepared bag hoping they will last longer. Once that is delivered I will cancel my free trial of prime before it runs out. 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    15K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning, lovely salad. I am hoping I can eat some of mine today. When i returned my slippers the refund took over two weeks to go into my account although the company issued it straight away. Hope you are ok with your back. The sun has just come out by me.