New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 8:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.4K replies 177.7K views

Replies

• Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has rained in the night & is now blustery, cloudy with spits & spots of rain in the air, but not enough to make the ground wet. 

I managed to get my wellies on and took the dog on the field behind the park and she ran around for ages. Now she’s snoozing in her chair 😆 My feet are nice & dry! 

Had an email back from the leaking shoe company asking what I thought of their customer service !?! But no info about returning my shoes so told them they are rubbish as I haven’t had any customer service yet ! Fingers crossed for a better reply soon. 

No plans for today. Pubs reopen but I won’t be going near ! Hope the bad weather keeps most of the trouble makers away. 

Food today
    B - bacon roll
    L - thai chicken & salad wrap
    D - gammon, chips, pineapple, tinned sweetcorn & salad

0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
  • edited 4 July at 10:41PM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 July at 10:41PM
    [font=courier new][b]Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet[/b][b]

Household Information[/b]
    Number of adults in household........... 1
    Number of children in household......... 
    Number of cars owned.................... 1[b]

Monthly Income Details[/b]
    Monthly income after tax................ 1314.08  wages plus money left from June to pay food on credit card
    Partners monthly income after tax....... 0
    Benefits................................ 0
    Other income............................ 190[b]
    Total monthly income.................... 1504.08[/b][b]

Monthly Expense Details[/b]
    Mortgage................................ 219.9
    Council tax............................. 154
    Electricity & Gas.............. 181.32
    Water rates............................. 41.6
    Mobile phone............................ 8.35
    TV Licence.............................. 13.2
    Satellite/Cable TV...................... 53.5 & landline/internet
    Groceries etc. ......................... 120 
    Petrol/diesel........................... 0  still have enough in car
    Car maintenance (including MOT)......... 50
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc)...... 50
    union fee............................... 8.66
    annual bills............................ 100[b] car insurance/car tax/ house insurance/ haircuts/
    Total monthly expenses.................. 1000.53[/b]
    [b]

Secured & HP Debts[/b]
    Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    Mortgage...................... 0........(219.9)....0[b]
    Total secured & HP debts...... 0.........-.........-   [/b]

[b]Unsecured Debts[/b]
    Description....................Debt......Monthly...APR
    credit card....................0.........280.......0[b] will be paid in full
    Total unsecured debts..........0.........280.......-  [/b]

[b]
    Monthly Budget Summary[/b]
    Total monthly income.................... 1,504.08
    Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 1,000.53
    Available for debt repayments........... 503.55
    Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... 280[b]  credit card food/clothes etc
    Amount left after debt repayments....... 223.55[/b]

[i]Created using the SOA calculator at www.LemonFool.co.uk.
    Reproduced on Moneysavingexpert with permission, using other browser.[/i][/font]
    So, the gas & electric are £22 less. If I don’t put into the car fund that’s another £50 (already have £542 in car fund) total £72 plus £223.55 = £295.55. Just may reduce presents fund payment from £50 by £4.45 = £300 for savings fund 

JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I would keep adding to the car fund, that way you can give it a miss in December. 
    Are you now mostly shopping yourself again? 

Your budget looks good 🤗 
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning. It was raining earlier when I fed the dog at 5.30am but now it is sunny here but still gusty winds. Have been out with the dog this morning and had a bacon sarnie for breakfast 😊

It will only be a break in the car fund for this month. Car fund covers service / MOT which are due in December & any repairs. Anything else crops up with the car I have my emergency fund £1000. 

I need to feel secure by putting £300 into longer term savings this month. This fund is for moving / living off once my job ends and I don’t feel comfortable not paying into it. There are big changes on the horizon in 5 years time & I need to be prepared. It’s too far off to say anything further at the moment, but it will come around quickly so don’t want to get complacent. 

Plans for today 
    L - tikka chicken / salad wrap 
    D - hoisin & garlic beef stir fry

I have ordered 3 more pairs of cut off trousers from Asda, over £30 gets free home delivery. I have realised I don’t like 2 pairs that I ordered before. Once the new ones have arrived I will parcel up all the stuff to be returned and drop it off at my local store. That will bring my credit card bill down. It’s not due to be paid until end of July so plenty of time to get refunded onto my card. 

JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    6.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    All sounds very exciting and I think having a timeframe helps with planning 🤗
    Food sounds fantastic!
    Do you have time to cancel your order and do it again with other things to replace the two you don't like?

Have a lovely day 😊
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first order arrived last week (or was it the week before 🤔) and 2 of the cut off trousers and at least 1, maybe 2 tops are going back. New order is 3 pairs of Cut off trousers in different sizes so I can see if any are suitable. If not they will go back at the same time. 

I moved halfway across the uk in my 20’s for work without a care in the world and now the idea of doing the same in my 50’s is quite scary 😱. I’m not sure if / when / what will happen, just that I’ve got 5 years to save as much as possible. 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    6.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did it when hitting 40, wasn't a big deal and got a better life from it. You will make it happen and wonder why you didn't do it sooner 🤗
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's brilliant to have something to focus on. A 5 year project is great and something to keep yourself motivated on when work is horrid - it is just a means to an end.  I am also saving for retirement so am trying to minimise my spending as much as possible !!!!
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is certain yet. I just know I need to be prepared in 5 years.  Anyway, if I can save £300 a month it will give me so many more options. 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sunny walk with the dog this morning. Had Thai red curry from freezer for lunch with half a pack of microwave rice. 

Finished work at 3 & took the dog for a plod round the pond to get some air & stretch out legs. Bumped into a friend & her husband & 2 dogs so had a nice socially distanced chat with them. 

Asda parcel arrived so I just need  to try on the new items then bag up what is going back. 

Hairdresser tomorrow 💇‍♀️ not sure if her prices have gone up due to PPE but money is from annual bills & will be a bank transfer online. 

Gammon & broccoli cheese for dinner later tonight. 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE