Add your feedback on energy supplier Tonik

Options

Comments

• rosyellio
    Options
    After checking through the Energy Saving Club I was really pleased that my cheapest option was with Tonik whose rating was good. It also had the bonus of supplying green electricity. I signed up and set up my direct debit and waited the three weeks that Tonik said it would take to complete the changeover. I have contacted them today as I am now past the end of my fixed term tariff with Scottish Power and am paying an exorbitant rate.

Tonik tell me that my details cannot be found (despite my having received an email from them confirming my application and direct debit) and is a 'black hole application' - in other words they can't find it. Apparently it:mad: is also going to take a further 21 days before they can do the changeover. I have requested that they refund the difference and asked for everything to be confirmed in an email. Still waiting!
  • Maxwell007
    Maxwell007 Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    Ive been with Tonik 3years with out any problem but over the last 2months they have been shocking,

No access to my online account, only picking up there phones after 20mins, no call backs, telling lies, there one man part time IT department lo lol . . . .

But like I said very good apart from the last 2months

I think of leaving if I find a better deal.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 11 July 2018 at 2:25PM
    Options
    Maxwell007 wrote: »
    No access to my online account, only picking up phones after 20mins, no call backs, ...
    That's not good news. I see they've removed the online chat which was great (a couple of months ago); so they're directing all support to the phone (but also active on Twitter today I see).
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Never realised they removed the live chat, I loved they had that.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soaround
    soaround Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I moved to them in June and to be honest it is a nightmare. Took forever to get meter readings validated and refund from old supplier. Gas meter reading didn't register on the site (they said when I rang up) but they got the electricity one twice.

Readings were eventually validated and refund from old supplier when out of the blue I got an email saying my account was cancelled. I rang up and apparently I was moving to Eon. I rang Eon and Tonik and disputed this and the move was stopped, but since the date of the non move my tonikspace is empty - there is no meter readings, no tariff into - just (amazingly - ha ha) direct debit info. No montly statement has been created. Essentially they have cancelled my online account as far as I can see.

They say they have passed it to their IT department but have never seen anything like this before. I seriously wish I had just stayed with my old supplier and paid the bigger bills. I'm not sure the stress of Tonik energy is worth the money saved.

It seems to me, now that I can see nothing online they can claim any meter reading they like as the one they started with and bill me exactly what they like. It is frightening me to death.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    soaround wrote: »

It seems to me, now that I can see nothing online they can claim any meter reading they like as the one they started with and bill me exactly what they like. It is frightening me to death.

The opening readings have to be the same as the ones used to close your account. In the unlikely event that a supplier loses the readings, it just has to ask its Data Collector. If they bill you using readings different from those on your Final Bill then raise a WRITTEN complaint.
  • soaround
    Options
    Hengus, you kill me. What is the point of a written complaint - they're ignoring me on public social media - what makes you think they're going to respond to a private written complaint when they're ignoring stuff that anyone can see which counts against them if anyone searches for them.

There aren't any bills yet, they're supposed to give me a statement every month, I've been with them since June, I've got nothing - my online account is just a dead space, so I won't be able to see what they're billing me on if they ever do.

They assured me the move had been cancelled, so did Eon - and yet here we are.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hengus, you kill me. What is the point of a written complaint - they're ignoring me on public social media - what makes you think they're going to respond to a private written complaint when they're ignoring stuff that anyone can see which counts against them if anyone searches for them.

There aren't any bills yet, they're supposed to give me a statement every month, I've been with them since June, I've got nothing - my online account is just a dead space, so I won't be able to see what they're billing me on if they ever do.

They assured me the move had been cancelled, so did Eon - and yet here we are.

The reason that I believe that a written complaint is better than a telephone call; e-mail or social media is that you can demonstrate that the complaint was submitted on a certain date. I confess to being somewhat old fashioned when it comes to making a complaint. I also ask for a complaint number and details of the supplier’s complaints procedure. My suspicion is that many informal complaints are not recorded as complaints.
  • soaround
    Options
    I think social media call outs are much better than letters.

Letters can disappear into the ether much more easily than something sitting on social media when people will search and see it.

Anyway to be fair to Tonik they seem to have recovered my account from Eon and I've now been asked for updated meter readings and statements have been produced.

So well done Tonik.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I think social media call outs are much better than letters.
    No traceability whatsover with social media calls. However, a company that fully supports social media and provides a fast response time (I'm talking an hour or 2 here max) can be a beneficial service, especially if talking directly on the phone isn't an option (for whatever reason).
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback