Add your feedback on energy supplier Tonik

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BigPiel wrote: »
    I signed up to Tonik online, now 2.5 months later I discover the signup process hasn't worked and in the meantime I've been switched to a premium tarrif by my old provider (EDF). This failed sign-up process has cost me an additional £60 to EDF, not a lot, however one would consider as a gesture of goodwill that Tonik would offer a discount for their technical glitch - apparently not. I apprecaite technical issues occur and would have been happy to accept a token gesture, however small. It always amazes me when customer services don't want to engage with their customers.

Hi - welcome to the forum. When you say that the sign up process failed was this through a referral site? Did you receive a Welcome Pack outlining the tariff etc that you had signed up to? If Tonik is not offering compensation, it seems clear to me that it does not believe that its systems are at fault.
  • moglet76
    Options
    Anyone want to be a friend for me to refer? I'm about to switch from Eon to Tonik.
  • Strum88
    Strum88 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Im still in the process of switching to Tonik and it has not been a smooth process at all.

i started my switch on April 4th and am yet to complete. There were issues with my existing supplier blocking the gas switch for some reason so cant blame tonik for that, but after everything seemingly going through ok i was emailed to supply meter readings. I set up my account but then was unable to submit the readings, website stating my access was blocked. Ever since then i haven't been able to log in at all, and spoke to 3-4 different people ot try to get it resolved but still no joy.

I was contacted 2 weeks ago to tell me there was an issue with the set up of my account in general and theyd need to re set up the direct debit. Sorted this on the phone then shortly after i received 8 emails stating a direct debit had been set up so i had to get back on the phone to get these cancelled.

Email comms is pretty slow and poor, and i get the feeling whenever i call that the staff dont particularly care and have a bit of an attitude.

Hopefully i dont get any unexpected charges from my existing supplier!
  • elouise01582
    elouise01582 Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm switching from Sainsbury's Energy to Tonik - anyone want to refer me?
  • miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm switching from Sainsbury's Energy to Tonik - anyone want to refer me?

@elouise01582

I have sent you a link by private message :beer:
  • LiGhTfasT
    LiGhTfasT Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just signed up via the referral board, hope all goes well its my first time away from the big names.
    I've added my referral to the other thread if someone could continue the chain :)

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74304782
  • soul1
    soul1 Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, nice to meet you all. Looking to join Tonik Energy next week. If any forum member has a referral link please for the 20.00 Amazon voucher then that would be great!

Kindest Regards :)
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Post above yours has a link to the referral section thread, take your pick
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • SafetyGnome
    SafetyGnome Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Switched to Tonik from Bulb. Managed to get my monthly DD to £58 from £63. Before that I was with Octopus for £67 and before that I was SSE for about £100 a month. All thanks to MSE energy club.

Tonik are good. But aren't as good as Bulb who had an app. The app was brilliant to use and check your useage.
  • rearadmiral
    rearadmiral Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I'm confused... I looked at the various tariffs of Toniks & saw that the Positively Green V19 tariff was great. However, when I signed up, all the rates had changed for the same Tariff! As an example, the tariff's Electricity Day Unit Rate was 13.6p per kWh, yet the quote had suddenly gone up to 13.85p per kWh.
    The Gas tariff rate was 2.88p per kWh but the quote increased to 2.909p per kWh. The increase is far less than 5% so it's not because 5% VAT has been added to the tariff for the quoted figures. In fact Electricity Night Unit Rate was 9.56p per kWh but the quote decreases this to 9.345p!
    Including also the increase in standing charges on the quote, the quoted figures will be £15 more expensive/yr than the tariff rate card, not a huge amount but surely a tariff is fixed, otherwise it's quite meaningless. Any thoughts?
    (I do have screen shots but am not sure if that's allowed on here, or how to do it :~).
    Today, there are 3 kinds of people : the have's, the have- not's and the have-not-paid-for-what-they-have's
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback