Add your feedback on energy supplier Tonik

Options

Comments

• grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    edited 16 August 2018 at 11:28AM
    Options
    Tonik want to raise my Direct Debit by 12.5% -fair enough considering the recent price rise - BUT I'm £275 in credit. Guess the're just applying the increase across the board and ignoring credits.

EDIT: closely followed by another email ... "Your subscription of £lotsof on the 15th of each month to Tonik Energy has been cancelled. "
    I guess this is how they increase Direct Debits?

EDIT2: credit to Tonik - they replied to my social media query quickly and politely. My gas usage is predicted to be higher that previous year. I guess we'll just have to believe them and wait and see.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • grumpycrab
    Options
    Have been fitted with a pipit 500 smart meter IHD. anybody know if this can display units? Or do I have to go to the meters for that info?
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Have been fitted with a pipit 500 smart meter IHD. anybody know if this can display units? Or do I have to go to the meters for that info?

My Pipit500 displays kWh which IS units. Under Menu/History then you can scroll through Hour/Day/Week/Month
  • grumpycrab
    Options
    Mister_G wrote: »
    My Pipit500 displays kWh which IS units. Under Menu/History then you can scroll through Hour/Day/Week/Month
    Thanks- is that real time usage or cumulative units? (if my question makes sense)
  • Mister_G
    Options
    Thanks- is that real time usage or cumulative units? (if my question makes sense)

They are cumulative for the particular time period (day/week etc). I can see the real time usage on the "Usage Now" screen. (Circular dial symbol)
  • grumpycrab
    Options
    Yes, sorry I wasn't very clear. Guess I just wanted ...what the meter shows. Tonik replied to me "Hi, Unfortunately this option isn't available on this type of IHD to get this information you need to press the 9 button on the main meter boxes. Hope this helps. Tom"
  • Mister_G
    Options
    Yes, sorry I wasn't very clear. Guess I just wanted ...what the meter shows. Tonik replied to me "Hi, Unfortunately this option isn't available on this type of IHD to get this information you need to press the 9 button on the main meter boxes. Hope this helps. Tom"

The "Monthly history" screen on the IHD gives the "Cuml:" MWh, which is the same as the "IMP KWH" display on the meter when you press the "9" button. This is the figure you provide to your supplier.
  • maborouk
    Options
    Just wanted to provide an update on a recent switch to Tonk from Eon.

Found it very smooth, there was a problem with identification of Supply but it was handled very well by Tonik, both by email and CS on the phone. Online control of my Dual Fuel Account is excellent, so much better than Eon's system.

The Tarrff I choose through the MSE CC Club is very competitive and although it is a two year fix, there are no cash penalties for leaving. All in all one happy bunny!
    The only true Boro Fan in Aberdeen :D;)
  • katelje
    Options
    I switched to Tonik in April and am impressed. The switch went smoothly, I'm on a competitive fixed deal and they email me each month for a meter reading and provide me with an accurate bill. Very happy.
  • 593jim
    Options
    I have been with Tonik for some time now and apart from a problem with my gas meter being registered to the wrong address by previous suppliers things went reasonably well.
    In May this year I was advised that I could get a cheaper tariff elsewhere. I did a new comparison and decided to stick with Tonik but on a better tariff.
    Firstly the tariff change was not actioned until I chased up the company, then when I received my next bill I found I was in debit. When I spoke to them it transpired my DD had been cancelled instead of being reduced. Having setup the DD again I still found I was going further into debit although money was being taken from my bank account.
    I was told the company's accounting was handled by a third party and although they agreed I had made the payments it would take some time to get these to show on my account. Eventually sorted 20th June.
    Earlier this month I found that my account once again shows I am three months in debit and the situation is as above. No Mamager will speak to me and I have been told that as far as they are concerned they once again have 8 weeks to sort it out and my emails are now being ignored.
    What can I do to sort this out other that change supplier (they are unfortunately the best buy).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback