We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Add your feedback on energy supplier Tonik

Options

Comments

• Maxwell007
    Options
    WOOOOW Buried where haha
    £50 credit for renewing hmmm sounds to good to be true,
    what tariff did you sign up too, and do you have there smart meter . ., yes I must say there customer services are very good and helpful.
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Options
    Lalalakey wrote: »
    I switched to Tonik in August and it was very smooth and straightforward. I haven't needed to phone them so can't comment on contact and response, but I'm happy I've switched to a cheaper and greener company so far.

Hi , does Tonik demand you instal their smart meter ?:beer:
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    joe134 wrote: »
    Hi , does Tonik demand you instal their smart meter ?:beer:
    With me they said the usual "our engineers are in your area [to fit a smart meter]" which I simply ignored. Nobody can demand to install a smart meter AFAIK.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    With me they said the usual "our engineers are in your area [to fit a smart meter]" which I simply ignored. Nobody can demand to install a smart meter AFAIK.
    Thanks, just wondered if it was on certain tariffs.
    BG insisted on one of theirs not long ago.
    Sometimes it’s not plain to see:beer:
  • AWB70
    AWB70 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been with Tonik for two years now and have never had any issues with them at all. They have gone up slightly but still up there at the top 5 of the leader board for pricing. Coming out out of my fixed at the end of February and in two mind whether to go with their fixed for 12 months or 19 months. I spotted the £50 cashback offer on the twelve months but when you compare that to 19months the difference is negligible especially if after 12months the price goes up. Essentially the extra 6 months locked would soon knock down that £50 you had, that's if prices do go up of course which I would guess they will.

As there's no exit fees I guess you could lock for twelve months, take the £50 then shop around again in twelve months time for a better deal but as I have had no issues and they're still competitive I see no reason to that.

Would like a smart meter off them but I get the same "when we're in your area" which I thought after being a two year customer they would have done it by now. Thing is though if they roll out smarts quicker on a bigger scale then someone is going to have to pay for that and that's going to be their customers. I already have a BG smart meter installed from back in the day but it#s not compatible with their system.
  • Blackdog
    Blackdog Posts: 459 Forumite
    Options
    Maxwell007 wrote: »
    WOOOOW Buried where haha
    £50 credit for renewing hmmm sounds to good to be true,
    what tariff did you sign up too, and do you have there smart meter . ., yes I must say there customer services are very good and helpful.
    I signed up to Go Green (1 Year) v4 and yes I have smart meters from Tonik.
  • Maxwell007
    Options
    Thanks Blackdog
    yeah I just called them today and the £50 is only for there Go Green (1 Year) v4, I was hoping to fix to there 19month tariff but I will take 12months haha
  • southhams_2
    Options
    Just been given Tonik Energy info from a telephone comparision site after trying to find out about 18/19 warm home discount - not eligible and it's retrospective so not really suitable, however I've never heard of Tonik and wary after so many small companies going bust. As it doesn't appear to be on energy club switching site is anyone on the 19 mth fixed deal and despite asking I wasn't told when this deal is meant to end. Help!!!! No wonder people stay with the big 6, it's a real worry trying new companies and I've had some bad experiences with those who've gone bust like Extra Energy.:(
  • Blackdog
    Blackdog Posts: 459 Forumite
    Options
    southhams wrote: »
    Just been given Tonik Energy info from a telephone comparision site after trying to find out about 18/19 warm home discount - not eligible and it's retrospective so not really suitable, however I've never heard of Tonik and wary after so many small companies going bust. As it doesn't appear to be on energy club switching site is anyone on the 19 mth fixed deal and despite asking I wasn't told when this deal is meant to end. Help!!!! No wonder people stay with the big 6, it's a real worry trying new companies and I've had some bad experiences with those who've gone bust like Extra Energy.:(
    Why don't you speak to Tonik direct then they can answer all your questions. Their customer service is good. I have signed up again for a second year as I have had no problems.
  • southhams_2
    Options
    Will do. Thank you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills