🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I had a very late night in the end because I was looking at the Business and playing around with figures etc.
    My decision for today is to take photos of some of the stock and upload it to Facebook at the start of the work day, and try to be able to do that everyday.
    To decide on what I want to promote and concentrate on growing the sales of accessories and fabrics.
    On the household side, I want to put more effort into keeping up the downstairs as we keep dumping our bags as soon as we get in and then not getting them emptied immediately. I struggle with domestic duties!
    I am going to have to bring some unpicking home for the evening if I want to get those camper covers reduced asap.

That's the plan!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Day started at a pace and I didn't get to photograph anything.
    Lots of last minute suits came in today!
    I sewed £239!! Worth of work staying late until 5.35pm. I had 5 fittings all suits today!
    I waited for a customer to arrive from Milton Keynes today and it turns out she is an alterations business in MK and is so Busy with staff off for holidays maternity etc that she's brought an urgent suit to me.
    Interesting!
    She's been running the business for 13 years but she does not do the sewing. She bought a going concern apparently.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    DS apparently has a job -commission basedselling fish and meat boxes! Not sure how he will do at that but at least he has gone out there and found something and not just given up.
    Today I have been home all day and pottered. Had a visitor for a few hours so didn't do everything I planned but did sort a lot of things out.
    All the washing is done and outside drying.
    We have finished off odds and sods for the evening meal. I plan to do some ironing upstairs in the bedroom in front of the tv.
    I will try and sort my clothes for the holidays while I am at it.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I started to do the ironing and realised that the wardrobe was full of winter clothes, and there were no spare hangers, so I side tracked and sorted out the clothes hanging in the wardrobe and put winter dresses in a bag to store, and sorted out a pile to throw out, and started to pack for the holidays at the same time, so I then ironed and put away where appropriate. I have just stopped now as it's way past my usual bed time and my feet, back and hands ache. Enough for one day. Clean stuff off of the line ironed and put away, and one of the piles of clothes lurking on top of the ottoman done.
    There are still several piles lurking in the corner of the bedroom. So that's my target next time I am on my own in the evening.
    Bf said "that's unusual for me to be ironing'" and he is so right. But while he is away I took the opportunity as it was getting me down wearing the same things all the time, and the ironing was taking over my bedroom, the sofa and the work room. So I have far too many clothes.
    I have three piles on the landing to remove. Some for rags, some for charity and some possible for dgd. There was nothing really worth trying to sell on really in that lot.
    The wardrobe is still in sections, jackets, blouses, skirts, dresses, trousers and bfs 3 shirts. The coats are in DGDs wardrobe and downstairs hanging up, but I will struggle to give up those. I only managed to put one short coat in the charity piles and that is because I have two of the same coat and it's now too small.
    I didn't leave home at all (except the school run in the morning). Was going to dash out, but decided that the jobs could wait another day. I did find the paying in book, so I can bank a cheque now, I booked the photographer for DGDs passport picture and filled the form out, ready to slot the picture in and post at the post office. I used leftovers up for tea, and will manage until tomorrow but I will need to shop for loo rolls and washing powder and the car fuel light came on Yesterday so petrol needed before I go to work in the morning.
    I have arranged for friends daughter to watch sports day and the family picnic at school as I have too much work on, so Dgd is happy about that, and I have chased up the highway agency about the parking lines again.
    My friend from up the street came to see me and we spent a couple of hours chatting about the business and my plans, and looking at the link for my daughter's wedding photos. All 687 of them!
    So all in all a good day, and now to sleep! I hope.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,777 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you had a good sleep.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would the photobooth at a local supermarket not be cheaper than a photographer Mooloo?
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Slinky wrote: »
    Would the photobooth at a local supermarket not be cheaper than a photographer Mooloo?

The photographer is only a little dearer at £8.95 but the picture is guaranteed. She is also a few doors away from the post office so I would rather give my money to a local business than to a supermarket.

I slept reasonably well, but I forgot to take my gp this morning and boy do I feel the difference when I am not taking it. I ache everywhere today.
    I didn't add the takings up before I left, so can't report on the amounts we did, but I know we had a lot of collections and a lot of new work in.
    Also several phone enquiries about curtains.
    BF is coming back from Austria here tonight, so I hope his flights are not delayed as they were going out.
    I managed to resew two of the 12 Cushion covers. But decided not to bring them home tonight and rest my hands.
    I will do some more tomorrow.
    Just cooking a spaghetti bog for tonight.
    Easy and guaranteed Dgd will eat it.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Yeah! The white lines have been changed outside of the house today! My call worked finally.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Mooloo - I've gone from ironing absolutely everything for my family of five, including bedding, towels, tea towels etc to ironing absolutely nothing now I'm on my own. I try not to buy clothes which need ironing. Life is too short and I've got more important things to do ;)
  • fozziebeartoo
    fozziebeartoo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    Mooloo - I've gone from ironing absolutely everything for my family of five, including bedding, towels, tea towels etc to ironing absolutely nothing now I'm on my own. I try not to buy clothes which need ironing. Life is too short and I've got more important things to do ;)

I second this!

If it needs ironing, it doesnt come home from the shops with me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport