Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know that economics play a big part in whether to keep the business going but I am intrigued to know what difference it will make with the staff member leaving at the end of the month.

I would like to think that there will be no ridiculous jobs coming through the door and no jobs which take 30 hrs and being charged a pittance and of course no attitude from her mindset of her way or the highway. Plus of course it will just be the new seamstress wages and hopefully enough for you to pay yourself a salary.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I think I should be able to pay myself the minimum wage by August as you say EE, I will not be paying Staffs wage, which varies from 16-24 plus hours at times.
    I tend to be in the shop around 37 hours a week.
    So her money plus what I pay myself will not be far off £277.50
    My target is to get £350 a week which I can live within.
    The seamstress hours can be reduced if the work slacks off as only promised 10 hours a week and not the 32 currently been doing.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Did the bathroom, kitchen and lounge, put away clean clothes, wrapped up a parcel to go by my Hermes tomorrow. Took the new laptop back and got my money back in the form of a gift card, as I don't have the card it was bought on. ( it's with Mum in France).
    Stopped in at Mum's to leave a bag or two of children's clothes for the kids to divvy out. Dropped my business card in two dress shops while there.
    Been trying to move my savings etc to pay for my teeth, but suddenly couldn't log in to one of my accounts and had a pass the phone around time trying to get it sorted. But I have to wait until it arrives in the post- up to 5 days! I hope not as I usually check my balance everyday!
    The dentist will have to wait a little longer for his money as I need to move it about from savers to current accounts.
    I am shivering even though it is 26 outside. My skin is crawling and my back aches! So something is wrong with me.
    The GP did work on my hands for a while this morning but I think I might try another one now to ease things.
    I didn't get around to starting to sort out the clothes upstairs yet though.
    Distracted by tennis!
    Oh well.
    Something was achieved today at least.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Bf is coming over this evening, I hope he doesn't mind if I have an early night! I have taken some cold and flu tablets and another GP one. I have eaten a chicken stir fry, and Dgd has had hers and is playing out with some new children from school. They are getting older now and going out and about nearby to play. One little boy fell over and she brought him to me to clean and put a plaster on. "My Granny will help you". Echo of bringing up my own children. I was always the go to mum for accidents, upsets and dinner. Suppose that will be the next one on the agenda. Although at the moment there is not a lot of nibbles or pop etc in my cupboards.
    Feeling calmer now I can see my home emerging again. Will be back on track when I can access the money and pay the dentist.
    Tonight though I doubt that I will be doing much else!
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,853 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Post above reported but not copied
  • tw1nklestar
    tw1nklestar Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    also been reported lets hope M can remove or mods will
    olympic challenge starting 7/1/07:j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,663 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Also reported.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Brighton_belle
    Brighton_belle Posts: 5,223 Forumite
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »

The GP did work on my hands for a while this morning but I think I might try another one now to ease things.

Mooloo, the GP only stays in your system for 4-6 hrs, you need to get in the habit of having more regularly spaced in the day> It is very encouraging that you think it helped this morning - all the more reason to have it more often, twice a day won't be enough.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Mooloo I've been reading when possible but not posting much .

Gosh you've been busy . It could be worth fitting in an appointment with your doctor on your day off while mum is on holiday .

You have a very exhausting life but I have wondered whether there is an underlying physical issue going on . You sound like myself many years ago was initially thought to be ME but about 10 years ago was confirmed as Fibromyalgia . I'm not a doctor but I think it would be worth chatting to your doctor . Things like chronic fatigue also fit the things you describe . I used to put things down to a busy and stressful life too but actually had an unexpected reason why the struggles were becoming harder to cope with .

Take care of yourself when possible .
    polly x

Wow, I'd responded to Mooloo's post above before reading yours, but it seems we're both on the same wavelength. I do agree that Mooloo should make an appt to see her GP as soon as possible. My only concern is that Mooloo was taking a lot of medication several years ago but weaned herself off them. If she's diagnosed with one of these conditions then it will mean going back on medication.
  • *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I honestly think Mooloo is tired because she's sometimes doing too much, as we all do. I really don't think that putting the fear of a debilitating condition such as ME into her is helpful. There is absolutely no sign of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure