Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Intreaged about a post above reported! It was obviously removed before I returned. Thankyou for protecting me I presume.
    I am not going to be over worried about my health being much more than being tired, but it makes sense to get an MOT. We do it with cars! I suppose that I feel that I should be able to do more before I get tired, and should feel fresher at the start of the day. I often go to bed before 9pm and my alarm clock goes off at around 6-6.30. It takes me over an hour to get myself sorted out so as I am still only in my mid 50's I think I should be fitter, although trying to exercise just doesn't seem to be me! I will make an appointment for next week while I am not at work.

Work. The changes will need to start happening in the pricing system and in the jobs we take on.
    Looking deeper into the turnover, I think I am going to be able to tweak a few things for the better without being too worried about any fallout from turnover.
    We have written to the man about his requirements for more bunting and explained that it is a different thing making them in quite times out of remnants to exact colours and large numbers in short times.
    I have explained that bunting can be made but at a higher cost and around our higher paying jobs. I think we could do 20 a month but not a week. He can then decide to go ahead or not.
    I am trying to find 4" letters for die cutting without success, and have considered and will test out possibly embroidered ones.
    Today is curtains day.
    Monday the campervan cushions are coming back with the actual cushions this time. I have not seen the problem yet so don't know what works will be needed to sort them.
    I am also going to tell staff that I can only pay her the 20 hours a week until she finishes, so to choose the time she starts to reflect that as she has been staying on until she is needed at her daughter's. She is working when she does, preparation for jobs, unpicking zips, answering the phone, serving customers, pressing my work for me, but I need to consider the costs to pay myself as everyone else has said.
    The seamstress is not in for the rest of the week so I am going to do the work that we have in, as much as possible and see how much there is for the seamstress next week.
    I will be making notes on my review and see what can be done.
    On the home front I hope to just keep the rooms I did yesterday, clean and tidy, and will see what energy is left whether I do abit more or not.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Not a bad day yesterday, but I was rather hot at times. Sewing when hot doesn't help if you are putting a zip in a puffa jacket or sewing heavy curtains!
    Bf helped clean the paddling pool and refil it for all the kids to play last night. I went back to work to do some dress fittings.
    Then BF went for a run. I did have a short go with the hula hoop, but it has bobbley bits on the inside ring and they hurt in my opinion.
    I also did some tummy exercises once it was cooler and before we ate.
    I took GP again around 10pm and I had a better night.
    I have taken it this morning but as it is frozen I can't really take it to work with me.
    I have more curtains to do today, so I will do them first, to use the better part of the day for my hands.
    I tried to keep the downstairs tidy before I went to bed, but the dishes stayed on the drainer, and this morning the washing is in piles around the bathroom floor while I sort and start to do another load. I put it on last night as I went to bed, so that is now hanging out to dry.
    My muscle food delivery is due today.
    I have repeatedly asked for it to be left in the shed as the sun hits the back doorway, last time they didn't so I think I will have to try and come home when I get notice that they have delivered.
    Dgd is going to have a few friends to play in the pool tonight so I said I would do something for tea for them. It is rare for me to feed the children these days.
    Time to go to work.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Didn't get hardly any sewing done today. Had to see the accountant about Pension schemes, then staff disappeared off to help her daughter! ( I know)!
    I was on my own for a few hours and couldn't get a flow going as constant interruptions.

Kids now playing. Time to sort the pizza
  • Brighton_belle
    Brighton_belle Posts: 5,223 Forumite
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I took GP again around 10pm and I had a better night.
    I have taken it this morning but as it is frozen I can't really take it to work with me.

It doesn't have to stay frozen Mooloo - I don't eat it frozen - I have a teaspoonful with my lunch/snack. Tastes a bit of curry but quite pleasant IMO
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Not sure I like the texture/taste but will try it when I get home.
    I am in Oxford, we walked nearly 5 miles in and out again today. I am suffering now.
    I just heard that my son has lost his job. I really thought he was finally in a good place and getting on. I am worried that he won't be able to pay his bills now as he is paying rent on a room, and owes his sister for the car insurance every month. I certainly can't help anyone anymore.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Not such great news about your son.
    Stay strong.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Morning has come too soon. Yesterday evening we went out to the pub garden where BFs daughter works as she was having a gathering for his granddaughter's 1st Birthday. I did feel like a spare part as his ex wife was there so naturally his son gravitated to her table and I was sat on the opposite side of the garden while BF went to the bus station to pick up his eldest son. Dgd was happily playing with a families dog. She loves animals.
    It was a pleasant evening weather wise at least, and I got talking to a single mum who also felt like a fish out of water, and Dgd also played ball with her 3 year old son.
    When we got back it was time for dgd to get to bed, and I waited while bf did his packing ready for his trip to Austria later today.
    So it was about 10.30 when I came up to bed. I am not sure what time BF came up. I went to the loo and back to sleep immediately!only waking for short periods of time because I was too hot/cold or having a bad dream. The alarm went off at 6am and bf had already gone.
    I am just about to wake Dgd up and then we will get home so she can change into her school uniform and go to school. It's always a rush if we are coming from Oxford on a Monday morning.
    I must make sure I pack everything in the car, including the customers curtains I brought with me to do.
    I have another busy week ahead as plenty of work came in at the end of the week. Which is a good sign. I have not paid myself this week yet, just because I want to pay the suppliers and don't want to take funds out of the savings accounts or actually use the overdraft if I can help it. But if I need it I will take it later in the week.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So sorry about DS's job Mooloo x I hope he can find another one quickly.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    So, today was Good. I finally managed to explain to staff that although there was work I had set her wages at 20 hours so she went home at 2.30. I managed to explain to the seamstress that I wanted her to do the jobs on her list in the order I ask her and not to just take a job off of the rack. Although she did finish the job she had started before I arrived.
    The camper cushions came in this afternoon while I was upstairs teaching. So I did not get to talk to the woman about it.
    I can see unfortunately that the fault lies with us. I told my seamstress that I had left a 2cm seam allowance, and she had only done 1cm!
    So that means redoing it all at our expense.
    I will be working on them after the normal working day each day until it is done because I need to keep earning money during the day.
    Biggest is back from her honeymoon and today she's got to grips with the various amounts on the credit cards and has made the first payments in advance. Long may it continue. I transferred those over immediately so I don't forget to pay them.
    I also moved all my various savings pots, except for small amounts to keep the accounts open, all into my main account so tomorrow I will go and pay the dentist and clear that debt.
    I Still need to sort out DGDs passport! A trip to the Photobox then.
    This evening while Dgd was at brownies I went into work and sorted out my work load for the rest of the week, so I should be able to start straight away in the morning.
    Bf is away with work all week, so only have to think about meals for dgd and myself.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Been focused on the Business journal this evening.
    We had an uptake of £1,473 last quarter against the first quarter. But the wages have wiped that out. With an increase of £2,520.
    So I obviously can't sustain that. I am looking into the costs more now than ever. We obviously need to increase our income to cover the difference so my challenge will have to come up with a way to get that extra £250-£300 a week plus each week, somehow!
    So if we are both sewing fully then we should be able to, however I know that my sewing time is going to be more interrupted than it has been. So I figure that my focus must be on the sales of stock and the uptake of sewing courses etc.
    Planning is the most important part of the exercise from here on in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure