We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    The Mum of the birthday girl seemed to enjoy it too and when they noticed the Knickers from a previous course, she is thinking about having a birthday party making Knickers for herself and her friends!
    Not such good memories for me: we HAD to do needlework for the first three years of secondary school, and then after that produce two garments a year in our own time (boarding school). We started simple, obviously, but one of the last projects covered in lessons was making a bra and pants.

Bear in mind that no stretch fabric was involved, you can well imagine the results!
    Mooloo wrote: »
    She said it was the most stress free party ever!, and a bargain price too. So hopefully that will lead to other ones.
    Mooloo, you have GOT to listen to this: I do not think your prices are high enough!

Check out the competition - what are the 'paint a plate' parties charging?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I charge £14 a head at the moment.
    For two hours, and use of the machines etc, although we don't allow food etc due to the possibility of spilling things etc , but it may be worth reconsidering some aspects of it.
    We make either bunting, bags or Cushion covers. With the children.
    The Knickers party would need to be more as made from cotton lawn, elastic and jersey for the gussets. So not using stock scraps or remnants.
    But I am always thinking about the next move.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,957 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Even popping price up to 15 would be good.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    yep always round it up be it to the next 5p/10p/50p/£1/£5 depending on magnitude of value.
    as you say worth reconsidering aspects, iyou could always have an hour for them to have some food (brought by the birthday childs parents) after the sewing which would add room hire & you wouldn't need to supervise, just put the machines and any materials away once the making is done.

you could then structure so you have a base price per head then adders for the base project the group are making, extra embellishments on the make, alternative fabric options adder, eating time room hire adder
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea.
    I will have to look into this possibility sooner rather than later.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Building your dreams have many ups and downs, but the thrill of believing that you can do anything that you put your mind too, can really feel amazing.
    Talking about the vision, the ideas, and explained what I want to do to others, helps me see the future dreams as clear as day.
    In three years I have changed my world around completely.
    I may not be rolling in money, but I am getting closer to the dream coming true. When I look back at the last few years I am proud of what I have done, and where I see me going.
    #itonlyworks seems to becoming my mantra.
    Visualisation, mind mapping, journaling, and talking about the picture actually is easier than I thought, and what felt impossible a few years ago seems possible now.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,957 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    So what amazing things are going to happen today?
    Obviously I don't know yet, but feeling optimistic about the future.
    At work I have a few pairs of trousers to shorten and then the final Cushion covers to reduce in size, and then I am back on track with the work from last week. Hopefully the seamstress will also be in, but I am concerned about her as she has moved further away and needs more money/hours than currently has, and yesterday she was asking about her options etc.
    I was planning to do Staffs jobs myself and work downstairs again but I am having a rethink about that as I am currently considering working with a dress shop in the next town and probably having rooms there to do some work a few days a week. So I am advertising Staffs job at the moment. I have had one CV so far, within minutes of the shout going out.
    I will know more tomorrow.
    This evening my friends are coming around and we are going to have pizza etc again as an early celebration for her birthday on Friday and mine on Saturday. The other friend is just coming along to help us celebrate.
    I better finish my lemon tea and make a move the alarm clock just went off.
    Focus on your dreams and make them happen!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Sitting in the doctors! My foot has ballooned because of a insect bite 10 days ago.
    Blood pressure is high too! 146/86. Eek
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Foot elevated, cold compress, (antibiotics prescribed- but will take later)
    Not the amazing day I visualised.
    Oh well.
    Friends will have to help me with the pizza and wine. Looks like I will not be drinking for half my holiday then :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport