Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options
1127128129130131133»

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mooloo I wonder of your fellow passenger talked because he's a nervous flyer and wanted to take his mind off it - or perhaps he thought you were nervous rather than unwell, and thought he'd try to take your mind off it!

Glad you are home safe and sound, and I hope you'll both start feeling better now. It's horrible being ill away from home.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Yesterday morning I came home to my house and pottered with some housework and started the washing marathon. On the day we left Dgd decided to find dirty clothes in her room and filled the basket for me. So along with a weeks worth of clothes it’s meant the machine has been busy most of the day yesterday and is back on now. I have to wash it all then what doesn’t hang up in the bathroom will have to be tumbled after the washing is all finished as it’s a washer dryer and it takes forever if you try to wash and dry each load as it goes.
    Bf came to me last night and we exchanged gifts after dinner. I have a new kettle which I asked for as the old one didn’t always switch off, and the lid was broken. He managed to find me another red one. X
    I also got a teasmade for the bedroom. So that was a lovely surprise, and a box of my favourite chocolates.
    We were up late watching tv, and shared some wine. My tummy seems to have managed that anyway.
    We had a lie in this morning and sat on our various gadgets while drinking tea, and have had brunch. Bacon, eggs, and beans.
    I feel rather full!
    I sat down yesterday afternoon and decided to move my debts around, use my dreams/Retirement Fund to pay off the Argos card and the smallest credit card bill. Balance transferred the next debt to another card with 0% until March 2019.
    So I will snowball the payments on to that card and I will still be aiming for debt free by June 2019.
    Things were tight before I went away, and no doubt that the next few months at least will be very tight. But as I am unlikely to be able to retire anytime soon I think having another go at busting the debts is better. I doubt that DS is ever going to be paying me back.
    So I Best just get on with that one myself. If he ever does perform miracles then I will put it in the Retirement Fund again.
    I am trying to be philosophical about it all.
    My mood has been very low, and trying to find a new goal, or revisit old ones is not as easy as it usually is for me.
    But as my granny used to say “slowly slowly catch ye monkey”
    Can you tell she used to travel to India and the Far East in her youth?
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I think that you should have a chat with your DS.
    Surely he can give you even a fiver a week, which is not a lot I know but it is better than nothing.
    I think your DS may be roughly the same age as mine.
    I help mine out if & when I can but he is aware that things at the Bank of Mum are very tight & going forward into 2018 there will be no help.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure