Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I started at 2pm and I have just finished (mine anyway). I have filled 4 1/2 bags for the charity shops.
    I have my winter clothes in the wardrobe now, and a few summer/spring ones that now fit in the wardrobe.
    Huge lack of trousers.
    I have packed one storage bag of summer clothes.
    I have packed roughly for the holidays
    There are clothes hanging up that still need to be ironed but decided they needed to be put away.
    I have a lot of bedding but that will have to be culled another time, as I will have to decide what style I want my bedroom to have next year. It is still magnolia since I moved in in 2010.
    Bf is on his way, so I have just finished in time. I still have a few bags of things in my bedroom but I have gainedabout 2ft of floor space today.
    I am tired, but will have to admit that I am not as anxious as I was when I first started. I have talked myself into giving all to charity rather then trying to sell it and raise money. Another huge leap for me.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,487 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great advice from BB :)

Great work today Mooloo. Big pat on the back :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Brighton_belle
    Options
    Oh well done Mooloo. And I know how much of a big leap that is to give those bags to charity rather than 'try to sell them'. Huge pat on the back. I hope you feel relief once they are gone.
    This sort of decluttering is like exercising a muscle -every successful session makes you stronger for the next one and more encouraged that you can do this. Experiencing more space and a dropping in anxiety is a great pay off.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,846 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Impressive Mooloo
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Oh well done Mooloo. And I know how much of a big leap that is to give those bags to charity rather than 'try to sell them'. Huge pat on the back. I hope you feel relief once they are gone.
    This sort of decluttering is like exercising a muscle -every successful session makes you stronger for the next one and more encouraged that you can do this. Experiencing more space and a dropping in anxiety is a great pay off.

I think that's part of my problem, that I keep planning to sell certain items as they originally cost a good amount and some are unworn. But I know I'll never get around to listing them on eBay so maybe I should as Mooloo and just put it all in charity bags.

Well done Mooloo, that's a great achievement and must be a huge weight off your mind :T
  • Brighton_belle
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    I think that's part of my problem, that I keep planning to sell certain items as they originally cost a good amount and some are unworn. But I know I'll never get around to listing them on eBay so maybe I should as Mooloo and just put it all in charity bags.

Well done Mooloo, that's a great achievement and must be a huge weight off your mind :T

I see this time and again FM - and those things just hang around unsold, cluttering up your mental energy. My opinion is that clothes rarely fetch much (especially for the effort put in) and you could see it as a way of giving to charity that isn't actual cash.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Bb~~If I could ask?
    What is your view on keeing different sizes of clothes?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Brighton_belle
    Options
    Hi beanie
    There is no one per perfect solution but this is a common issue.

I would suggest trying to whittle your currently unwearable sizes down to a few key items ( a bit of a capsule wardrobe approach), including any items you felt fabulous in. If you think about it, we generally only wear 20% of our wardrobe,80% of the time. So applying that to any given size, you could probably cull quite a lot of each size you currently can't fit in and then store in storage bags somewhere.
    Only keep currently unwearable sizes you felt good in, don't keep the 'meh' ones.
    Many cheaper clothes don't keep their shape and crispness over time, and also if you lose weight, you often want the pleasure of a shopping trip to buy something fresh and in style.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hi beanie
    There is no one per perfect solution but this is a common issue.

I would suggest trying to whittle your currently unwearable sizes down to a few key items ( a bit of a capsule wardrobe approach), including any items you felt fabulous in. If you think about it, we generally only wear 20% of our wardrobe,80% of the time. So applying that to any given size, you could probably cull quite a lot of each size you currently can't fit in and then store in storage bags somewhere.
    Only keep currently unwearable sizes you felt good in, don't keep the 'meh' ones.
    Many cheaper clothes don't keep their shape and crispness over time, and also if you lose weight, you often want the pleasure of a shopping trip to buy something fresh and in style.

Thanks Bb for your fab advice.
    Appreciated :)

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Huge WELL DONE Mooloo :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts