🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

"Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 10"

Options

Comments

• squanderscouse
    Options
    Found £5 in my going out bag so that's gone in the pot today!
    Bank Loan 8839/3761.16 Barclaycard4500/£1949.33 Overdraft 2000 /0
    Littlewoods 7000/107.68

July NSDs 14/15
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    Westie983 wrote: »
    Dont worry my HB, that wont be happening till late summer 2017, and I cant agree with you with the new £5, they are horrid to count, they slip around, the novelty has worn off me, I suppose most money is devalued for me working in a bank, I do get customers who ask not to have the new ones in their change, so I cant be alone, but soon they will be phased out of circulation just like the £1 will be...

I can totally understand your dislike of the plastic notes Westie - I like them because of the novelty value but I've noticed they do tend to stick together when they're new. I have only very rarely received one up to now so I think I might try to save them lol!

Thank you Sue - I've replied on challenge 9 about my total
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    P.S £1.23 potted this evening
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I took two of the new £5 notes to the bank where they have installed a machine for depositing notes.

Because the two notes had been in my sealed pot the assistant who was showing me how to use the machine changed them to a ten pound note as he though they were too crumpled to be accepted by the machine.

I've decided I don't like them. They don't fold up nicely to fit in my purse like all other notes.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,341 Forumite
    edited 8 November 2016 at 1:40AM
    Options
    Sue-UU wrote: »

Saver-upper, you are a genius! :eek: :kisses3:

Now,there is something you won't hear every day,folks!:rotfl::rotfl:.

I hope my ideas help,Sue :kisses3:

Hugs toDreamer Helen and Hummingbird.Next week it will be 12 months since my dad died,and I think of him everyday x.

Mrs Shazbat
    ,some banks are funny about taking coins,aren't they?
    Some will only take a few bags (usually 5,I think) at a time,others will only take coins for children's accounts,others only take coins at certain times of day (I do sort of understand that.....more than I understand a bank not having £28 in £1 coins :eek:.)
    I am planning to bank my SPC 9 money tomorrow,and phoned the branch (of Halifax) to see if it would be alright to bring in about £800 of bagged coins,and that was fine.

I am also hoping to buy a few tins.Might get mine from Poundland.Ask me how much I expect to pay.Go on,ask me........90p!!Everthing in our local Poundland costs 90p
    thinking.gif017.gifdunno[1].gif .
    Guess they still call it Poundland 'cause "Ninety Pee Land" doesn't have the same ring to it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

Soooooo,pottingwise,I cleared all the loose change out of my car tonight,and will pot the £1.31.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• bilko89
    bilko89 Posts: 169 Forumite
    Options
    £4.25 potted in the last couple of days, really enjoying this challenge already :)
    SPC10 #560
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you to Everyone for your lovely kind words....I so appreciate them....I'm doing okay, honestly, just trying to make sense of everything and do everything that must be done in terms of practical things....Trying to help my Family as much as I can do....

I'm going to live my Life in the best way that I know how...That's what Grandad would have wanted....and what he would still want when he is looking down on me....

I'm Potting 15p worth of Silver....It's going into a temporary Pot until I can get a new Pot in a few Weeks....

Everyone sounds like you are all doing AMAZING...Let's ALL keep going and make this THE best Potting Year EVER!! xXx :)
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 8 November 2016 at 8:43AM
    Options
    Morning potters, it's a cold one out there this morning so wrap up when you go out. Got some shrapnel loose in the bottom of my handbag so I'll throw that in the tin before I go out later.

Welcome to all the new and returning potters, lovely to see the thread nice and busy- only to be expected as we all have rattling empty tins that need feeding to help them through the winter months. I found last year once I'd got a nice lining on pots tum it was easy to keep topping up as I'd got into the habit of it.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    I have to agree Mrs-Money. I am trying to make it an everyday thing. Even a penny helps get into the habit.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Sue-UU
    Sue-UU Posts: 9,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Sue-UU

No 105 checking in for SPC10! Potted £3.00 to start off my new saving tin. Money taken to the bank today - ooh it was heavy. I'm glad I split it this year as all those coins are very weighty to carry :rotfl: Love this challenge:D

Hi Dragon Lady, I am so pleased you sorted out your cash and even though it might have been heavy to carry there at least you've got got it out of the way now! The final words of your post were so lovely to read, I've seen many people say that over the years and it's still just as good now as it brings home the pleasure it brings, and I think there's also the added bonus of us all saving together which gives us all far more incentive! :D

Hello skilly, it's good to see you, though by now you know that you don't need to ask to join, it is all done automatically so everybody's "in" unless they state differently. I hope you're keeping well and the family are all okay.

Now there's a lovely amount saved, 32b3, brilliant! ;)

You're welcome, Hicksy. It's good to hear that your pot's already parts under way with a good start, potting all ably assisted by your little treasure no doubt!

Hi again Caz! I couldn't help but notice your words, right on both counts of course! So Rosie's 5 already! :eek: It never seems all that time ago since you managed to amass all your savings to buy her, I'll never forget it, your happiness on the occasion too. One of those wonderful shared here on SPC! It was a great shame about the reserved pup, obviously not meant to be for some reason though. Time to look ahead to next year! Wonderful news about your little DGGS's birth! I've almost finished the reply to your PM Caz so any hour now! Good to have you chatting, take care and most likely see you in March twin!! :grinheart
    bubbs wrote: »
    Yes Sue i did, thankyou xx
    DreamerHelen and Hummingbird sending my deepest sympathy to you both, take care and look after yourselves , this has been a very difficult year for alot of us :(

Well noted Bubbs, and so good that you were able to add your eb!y sales to your Total. Let's hope those of you here who lost loved ones this year can look ahead to better times but with beautiful memories of such wonderful people who touched your lives in such precious ways. :)
    AntoMac wrote: »
    Potted £2 instead of buying coffee and found 5p roadkill on the bus and 1p later on the pavement. Both in the pot. I've got a yellow china pig with 5,10,20 and 50p pieces in that is quite heavy now. Reckon it has up to about £30 in total in it. Not sure if I'm allowed to make it part of SPC10 as I saved it last year/year before but haven't counted and banked it.

Money well saved in restraining yourself from that coffee, Antomac, you done good! By all means use the contents of your pig to add to SPC 10, a great start!! :D

If you're experiencing problems exchanging your cash, MrsShazbat, would banking it on a more regular basis ease things? Whatever works best for you then - go for it! Not a terribly kind lot your Santander clearly.

Excellent work squanderscouse! Keep looking for more - well you never know! ;)

With regards your dislike of the new £5 notes, Westie, must admit I'm not a fan either, they lack any form of crumpling and I fear they could easily stick and be given away with another and we on SPC don't like giving money away!! :rotfl:

Another good feed for your pot, hummingbird. :j

Here here Frogletina, I foresee the £5ers becoming a pest to us all.

Yes Saver-upper, they helped a lot, after all you're all such a helpful lot of folk that so long as the thread's ticking over nicely I can relax that much more and focus on my DD but still enjoy the thread without worry!

It's good to hear that your Halifax weren't awkward about changing your cash. Amazing that some banks and building societies are really, it's money one way or tother and not exactly hard graft for them!

Alright then Saver, I'll ask: however much does your P!undland charge for goods! Not 90p surely! We've got a 99p store so what do you reckon to that eh! :D
    bilko89 wrote:
    £4.25 potted in the last couple of days, really enjoying this challenge already :)

That's fantastic news Bilko, keep it going well and loving the challenge and you'll be ecstatic come next November!! :j

A great start Helen and I love your positive outlook - keep it up whatever life throws at you and you'll do just fine! Re your last sentence, I thoroughly agree, let's make SPC 10 the best as can be! :dance:

Lovely posts, mrs-moneypenny and indigowarrior, very wise saving a little something each day too indigo!
    Enjoy a good Tuesday, folks. Keep those pots rattling well!!! :D
    Sue xx
    2nd November is the opening date for 2017.

Anyone wishing to join us, it's NEVER too late, so please just ask, you'll be made very welcome.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 001 My Totals = 08 = £163.95 09 = £315.78 10 = £518.80 11 = £481.87 12 = £694.53 13 = £1200.20! 14 = £881 15 = £839.21 16 = £870.48 17 = £871.52 18 = £800.00 19 = £851.022021=£820.26[/SizeGrand Totals of all members (2008 uncounted) 2009 = £32.154.32! 2010 = £37.581.47! 2011 = £42.474.34! 2012 = £49.759.46! 2013 = £50.642.78! 2014 = £61.367.88!! 2015 = £52.852.06! 2016 = £52, 002.40!! 2017 = £50,456.23!! 2018 = £47, 815.88! 2019 = £38.538.37!!!! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport