"Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 10"

Options

Comments

• hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Sue and all,
    Due to some difficult personal circumstances over the last couple of months (Dad passed away) I ended up using all my savings and I don't have totals to submit for sealed pot 9.

I'm ready to get started on the new challenge for pot 10 and have my brand new tin.:T
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Sue and all,
    Due to some difficult personal circumstances over the last couple of months (Dad passed away) I ended up using all my savings and I don't have totals to submit for sealed pot 9.

I'm ready to get started on the new challenge for pot 10 and have my brand new tin.:T
    BANK-ENG2.JPG

Im chasing you, was just about to send you the link to this new challenge, but you are already here...

Looking forward to seeing how well you do this year, as I am all the other challengers...

Ready, Steady, Pot - Pot - Pot

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • BeckyS
    BeckyS Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya!

Here again. No target as I have no idea how much I'll be able to save since I'm not working at the moment.
    Sealed pot Challenge 9 member #558

Debts to be listed soon
  • EverTheOptimist
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Member 005 reporting for duty. Will set a target of £100 as usual. I'm returning to work from mat leave in Dec. But had to take a slight pay cut so every penny is accounted for in my budget. I have set a small spends budget so hopefully be able to pot any spare change from that. There have been some amazing declarations on SPC 9. Well done people. :T:T Nothing potted yet as was at a wedding over the weekend with a free bar so no money needed, therefore no change.

Sue - so sorry to hear you will be stepping down. It'll be a sad day for the SPC. You do a fantastic job with running the thread and keeping everyone motivated. I don't know how you do it especially with ill health and family commitments. I hope you will still pop by and say hi and continue your own potting. I for one have been grateful of the kind pm's from you during my time of sadness.
    Hopefully someone will step forward and take over the reigns, you'll be a hard act to follow. Sending much love. Xxx
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning I potted £1.30 this morning. Just using an old tea jar at the moment but will definitely need to get a tin otherwise I'll be dipping in for loose change.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning potters.
    Welcome to the new potters and to everyone who's now declared and moved over from the previous thread.
    Looks like some good outing has already been done to get things started.
    Have a good day and stay warm it's a cold one out there.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone....

I've Declared my pitiful savings for SPC9....I pledge that this Year WILL be better....I know it will....And I aim for it to be...

Now, I don't want to bring the Thread down, but just to Update you all....My Grandad died on Saturday Morning in the early hours...We are all devastated but managing to keep on going as we know we have to.....I am here to Support my Family but I also want to look towards the Future after a really tough few months....And I know my Grandad would want me to live the best life that I can do...and he was all about Saving and not Spending...so I'm going to do my best to do that this Year...

Anyway....I just wanted to let you all know...

Sue...I'm so sorry to hear that you will be stepping down...but I thank you from the bottom of my heart for starting me on this Journey of learning how to Save...I've not always been amazing at it but I'm getting there slowly and I'm certainly better than I have ever been at Saving and not Spending...so Thank You...

I would offer to take over the Thread but I already have my own to do and I don't think I can take over another one...But we can all help to Welcome people and you just come and add things when you can hun....Your Family, of course, comes first...But Thank You for everything xXx :)

I haven't bought a new Pot yet...but will do over the next few Weeks...Can't wait to start Saving for this coming Year....I plan to Save for next Christmas but also for some Treats for myself over the Christmas 2017 period....

Welcome to all our new Members....and *Hugs* to anyone that needs them.... I will try to be more active if I can be this coming Year... xXx :)
  • tizzi13
    tizzi13 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Well it was my bday on Sat which ended up with me in a and e with a fractured ankle after having a disagreement with some steps in the dark. so there won't be much spending for me over the next few weeks till I'm more mobile so probably not much potting either :-(
    :rotfl:Sealed Pot challenge no: Target £1000 :rotfl:
    SPC 8: 2015: £1043 saved
    SPC 9: 2016: £1313.38 saved
    2020: 0/20lb
    :staradmin :staradmin
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Dreamerhelen please accept my deepest condolences on the sad passin of your granddad. Look after your self and take time to grieve, there is no right or wrong way and no set time frame just take each day as it comes be kind to yourself and do what you need to do.

Tizzi, belated birthday wishes to you and a big ouch! Get lots of rest and make sure you are being looked after while you heal. I see lots of reading or DVD watching in your immediate future.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    ^Hi DreamerHelen, just to let you know I'm thinking of you as I am going through similar at the moment. My Dad set a great example on saving as well, like your granddad.

I got started last night with £2.80 in my new tin
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure