🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

My Sisters Bank Won't Let her release My Inheritance To Me-Please Help.

Options

Comments

• charlie3090
    Options
    annbarbs wrote: »
    No you don't understand.
    My sisters do not want any contact wit me.
    It's been like that since my father died.

So I cannot simply go talk to my sisters because they don't want to know.
    The well sister keeps putting the phone down on me every time I ring her.
    I only have the well sisters phone number not the address of her new flat because she won't tell me.
    That's why I went to a Solicitor in the first place.
    Because I cannot go to my sisters who unfortunately are executives of mum's will.

And are in charge of all of the funds and are also holding the monies.
    As a beneficiary I have not access to this account and no executive rights either.
    But I do have a right to inherit as the terms of mum's will.
    I have inherit a third as my sisters have.

But I have not been paid my money and legally the money is mine because my mother left it to me in her will.

And yes I am very worried that I might not get my money at all and could spend years waiting for it and never receive it.

You read about cases like that where a relative has been left money but due to action of other relatives they have not got it.

Just answer me this:
    What should I do if the worst comes to the worst and I don't get my money?

Ann,
    your well sister is probably not wanting to talk to you because you just will not listen to anything that is said to you,
    she spoke to you and explained what is happening but still every couple of days you are piling on the pressure , I realise it is not intentional but what you are doing is like bullying and your well sister could end up ill,
    she is probably worried sick about your ill sister,worried about you and how this is affecting you everything is on her shoulders,
    I feel really sorry for her.
    Your solicitor is actually working in your interest,not taking your
    excessive phone calls,this in itself tells me he/she is decent as a poor solicitor could just keep taking you calls for nothing and charging you.
    Your solicitor is not there to make you feel better,he is there to act in regards to your inheritance.
    I again ask that you do something to help yourself with regards to getting support for your mh .
    there is over 260 posts on here mostly giving sound advice but you are not hearing any of this ,you cannot speed up this process no matter if you get another solicitor or not but you will slow the process down if you continue to harass your sisters.
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    OP.

One last time.... your well sister gave up her home in order for it to be sold for you to get your inheritance. How can you say that she and the other ill sister do not want to do the right thing for you?

This is really getting tedious now.

Can you imagine if you had to leave your home after many years when you did not want to?

You seem to have no empathy. It is all about you, you, you. I understand that may be a feature of your mental illness, but however.

No matter what mental health issues you may have, forgive me, but it seems you have no problem writing a myriad of posts on the internet quite articulately too.

I hope you are genuine.

Back off for a few weeks. Think about someone other than yourself.

Get to the GP. You won't though, because that will mean doing something for your own health physical and mental. Easier for you to rant on the internet.

I'm getting sceptical now. But I hope I am wrong.

The only person you need to care about now is yourself. And you will not do that, you continue to paint others in a bad light.

I just hope you are not trolling. I really do.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I do not think the OP is trolling.

I do think she needs to see the GP. From my own experience, I think that perhaps an antidepressant will help with the anxiety.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    whitewing wrote: »
    I do not think the OP is trolling.

I do think she needs to see the GP. From my own experience, I think that perhaps an antidepressant will help with the anxiety.

But every excuse under the blessed sun has been given NOT to go to the GP and register.

However, there is plenty of time to castigate everyone around them for this and that perceived wrongdoing against her.

Until OP gets to a GP and is prescribed medication/referral for her issues we are talking in circles.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, we are talking in circles and hopefully if we repeat it enough, op will go to the GP.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    I am glad you asked me that.

Look I am in a terrible state over this.
    I am in no state to go to a GP I don't even know.

I have tried to speak to my solicitor on the phone today but every time I phone the receptionist says he is with a client.

how many times did you phone?

I get a picture of you sitting there phoning every 1/2 hour and doing nothing else in your life.

So I cannot help thinking he is trying to avoid me.
    I have not had any emails from him since last week.

because they have nothing to tell you or communicate and you have nothing new to ask them and they know that

why re you trying to use a solicitor for mental health support?

I have also emailed my well sister and told her I spoke to my sister on the phone at the hospital last Thursday.
    I also told her I told my ill sister what she has to do to get that money released.

And I also told my well sister what my solicitor said that she would have to go to the court of protection if the other sister does not get better.
    I also told my sister that this cannot go on forever and my imheritace problem must get sorted out soon. In a nice way of course.

But my sister has not answered my email and neither has my solicitor.

never tell people what your solicitor is telling you they will do, it undermines the solicitors ability to actually do what they are telling you

So I am in a terrible state because of this.
    And the last thing I feel like doing is going down to a strange GP surgery to talk about registering.
    Because I know they are not going to help me.
    What can they do about this: Nothing.

GP's have said things in the past to upset me.
    And I don't want that now in this state I am in.

I am going to have to tell my ex-CMHT Social worker about this.
    That it's all gone wrong with my inheritance.
    She knows me and at least I know if I tell her she will be sympathetic.
    Unlike a strange GP that won't.

But my Ex-Social worker does not work Wednesdays. So I will go down to try to see her at the CMHT on Thursday.
    Even if she is not there I will tell the Duty Officer and she can pass it on.
    I will go down to the CMHT on Thursday whether I have found a GP or not.

I don't care about a GP.
    I am to upset to go down to a surgery with all of this on my mind in the state I am in.

And I am in this state because my inheritance is being with held from me.
    And my solicitor is doing NOTHING about it.
    He won't even see me at the office.
    That's not very helpful and no wonder I am in a sate.
    You would be too.

All I know is my mum left me 118k and I cannot claim it and no body is helping me sort this out.
    The solicitor I mean.

I think I am going to have to go and seek advice from another Solicitor.
    I can pay for just a consultation and can pay it now.
    At least that way I will find out where I stand legally on this.
    I cannot see what else I can do.

Well I think you are barking up the wrong tree, the legal advice and support from here is on the mark so a new solicitor is not going to add anything useful.

nor will the next one when you are not happy with the first new one...

The fundamental problem is yourself but that is not uncommon and I think you realise this.

I have no idea what this is called but what is happening is you are becoming focused(obsessed) on a single issue, the money.
    I suspect that before this there was something else and once this is resolved there will be something else.

The problem then is that you are using this to drive your thought processes to the extent that you are ignoring everything else and creating avoiding tactics for the rest of your life where you are now neglecting the things that really matter.

This is quite common(but not as extreme) and I suspect many will have experienced something similar at some points in their life often a temporary thing over a few days maybe longer, I know I have and I have seen it in others.

What I don't know is how you break the destructive cycle and in particular this current one.

if you have no one to turn to then maybe if you really want to spend some money not going to another solicitor but getting private mental health support would be a better use of the funds.

having written this I have realised that that you have not been good at absorbing the longer posts, where as short to the point posts seem to sink in a little better where there is less to consider (even if just for a short time).
  • ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Options
    Also I have spent all my time on getting my inheritance and so the last thing on my mind is a GP.

That much is clear.

Leave the inheritance for a day. One day will make no difference.

Go to your GP.
  • getmore4less
    edited 25 October 2016 at 9:57PM
    Options
    Just answer me this:
    What should I do if the worst comes to the worst and I don't get my money?

you carry on with your life and make the best you can, money will not solve the core issues.

You were told in your first thread this could well take over a year but ran ahead and planned in your head as if you already had it.

Ok it has taken some turns none of us could have predicted but the reality is these things take time.
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    Options
    why re you trying to use a solicitor for mental health support?

Very astute and spot on. Be very careful of continually contacting your solicitor as he may get fed up and stop representing you, in which case you will have a large bill for nothing and won't have moved any further.

We really can't help any more.

Get a GP

Leave things regarding your inheritance for at least 3 months.

Get on with your life - do some research about moving to Liverpool if that's what you want to do with it.
  • getmore4less
    Options
    Ann.

How many people did you interact with today person to person.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport