My Sisters Bank Won't Let her release My Inheritance To Me-Please Help.

Options

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Person_one wrote: »
    Its a sadist who would take pleasure in causing suffering to others.

Shes asked " If it hurts the other person, that's their fault, not yours" which is why I said a narcisstic person would. It's never their fault.There was no mention of pleasure at doing it.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    SnooksNJ wrote: »
    How do you balance being sensitive to someone with Asperger's but also protecting yourself.

No easy way to do it. Do what you feel you must. Within reason....No baseball bats for example...J/K!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Anthear
    Anthear Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Narcisstic people get rewarded by making other people feel bad about themselves in my experience! All about them and their needs/wants, never about anyone else who may have an opinion or legal rights for that matter..... they HAVE to have what they want and stuff anybody else.
  • SnooksNJ
    SnooksNJ Posts: 829 Forumite
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    No easy way to do it. Do what you feel you must. Within reason....No baseball bats for example...J/K!
    :) good thing my softball bat is buried in my parents attic.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,975 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    SnooksNJ wrote: »
    I have a family member who has Asperger's. She had an obsession with getting a Mac Pro and stole from us to buy it. She got to keep the Mac and my SIL said it was my fault for having money and jewellery in the house.
    How do you balance being sensitive to someone with Asperger's but also protecting yourself.

Your family member is a thief and your sister in law is just as bad. (I'm making a small leap and assuming that the thieving relative is on the in-laws' side.) It has nothing to do with her having Asperger's - thousands of people have Asperger's and don't steal other people's stuff. Don't let either of them into the house again.

Sensitivity is two-way - if she is not going to show any sensitivity to you (by respecting you and your property) then it is futile to waste yours on her.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you read my earlier thread here and other threads.
    You will see that I do not have a good relationship with my sisters.
    They do not want any contact with me, which is why I went to a solicitor in the first place.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5413329
    So there is a possibility that my sisters could either be delaying or withholding my inheritance from me.
    It's possible.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    annbarbs wrote: »
    If you read my earlier thread here and other threads.
    You will see that I do not have a good relationship with my sisters.
    They do not want any contact with me, which is why I went to a solicitor in the first place.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5413329
    So there is a possibility that my sisters could either be delaying or withholding my inheritance from me.
    It's possible.

It's also possible that those here who have been trying to give you help/information and assistance have been banging their heads against a brick wall. Frankly - if you are always like this with your sisters, no wonder they want little or no contact with you. But there is no evidence that they wish to withhold what is rightfully yours. You have been told that your sister who is detained in hospital, is not legally allowed to sign any cheque on any account that is not hers but do you take any notice? No.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    HOw did you get on at the GP today?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    HOw did you get on at the GP today?

I am glad you asked me that.

Look I am in a terrible state over this.
    I am in no state to go to a GP I don't even know.

I have tried to speak to my solicitor on the phone today but every time I phone the receptionist says he is with a client.

So I cannot help thinking he is trying to avoid me.
    I have not had any emails from him since last week.

I have also emailed my well sister and told her I spoke to my sister on the phone at the hospital last Thursday.
    I also told her I told my ill sister what she has to do to get that money released.

And I also told my well sister what my solicitor said that she would have to go to the court of protection if the other sister does not get better.
    I also told my sister that this cannot go on forever and my imheritace problem must get sorted out soon. In a nice way of course.

But my sister has not answered my email and neither has my solicitor.

So I am in a terrible state because of this.
    And the last thing I feel like doing is going down to a strange GP surgery to talk about registering.
    Because I know they are not going to help me.
    What can they do about this: Nothing.

GP's have said things in the past to upset me.
    And I don't want that now in this state I am in.

I am going to have to tell my ex-CMHT Social worker about this.
    That it's all gone wrong with my inheritance.
    She knows me and at least I know if I tell her she will be sympathetic.
    Unlike a strange GP that won't.

But my Ex-Social worker does not work Wednesdays. So I will go down to try to see her at the CMHT on Thursday.
    Even if she is not there I will tell the Duty Officer and she can pass it on.
    I will go down to the CMHT on Thursday whether I have found a GP or not.

I don't care about a GP.
    I am to upset to go down to a surgery with all of this on my mind in the state I am in.

And I am in this state because my inheritance is being with held from me.
    And my solicitor is doing NOTHING about it.
    He won't even see me at the office.
    That's not very helpful and no wonder I am in a sate.
    You would be too.

All I know is my mum left me 118k and I cannot claim it and no body is helping me sort this out.
    The solicitor I mean.

I think I am going to have to go and seek advice from another Solicitor.
    I can pay for just a consultation and can pay it now.
    At least that way I will find out where I stand legally on this.
    I cannot see what else I can do.
  • Anthear
    Anthear Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Annbarbs - THERE IS NOTHING TO DO! If you go to another Solicitor, he or she will simply charge you money for you to be told what you already know.

YES - you DO need a GP - you know you do and have said so yourself.

I am not surprised that neither your solicitor or sister has responded - what can they say that hasn't already been said?

You already know where you stand legally, you don't need another solicitor to tell you what you already know.

I have been in a similar position and I can tell you from my own experience that sometimes there is nothing you can do - things take as long as they take and to push sometimes makes no difference. This is not something under your control - this makes it stressful - I understand that - but you are going around in circles again and getting nowhere - again.

Leave it. I suspect that you don't have enough in your life to stop you from obsessing about this. Please go and find a GP and go and see your CMHT Social Worker - you could have done that today!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure