NST October Finding Your Inner ferret

Options

Comments

• x_raphael_xx
    Options
    Another takeaway last night. Why am I so weak to BFs sad face! I rarely had takeaways when I was single!
    Still a NSD as BF paid. His MOT was less than expected so I guess he was feeling flash.

NSD no. 17 for me today. I have moved some money into my ISA, crawling closer to my savings target!

Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Speky - could you buy lunch for two days at once. Not ideal but at least you would get an NSD every other day. At least you aren't spending on little extras.

Fmess Big hugs. Enjoy your time off, spend time in your pjs and add as many joyful/ stress busting things into your day as possible. If you can't do anything about it, then let it go - don't be a prisoner to things you can't change (Tony Gaskins).

Ramblings
    Lots of us have been ill and some of us are having a tough time and I was a little worried about the lack of energy in the thread. Time for an inspirational quote so have been thinking overnight.

Today I seem to be confined to bed. I can get to the bathroom and back but any additional detours have left me holding on to wardrobe doors waiting for dizziness/ breathlessness/ nausea/ general weakness to pass.

I was thinking to get some inspiration from Winston Churchill - the war time leader also suffered from depression and did much of his work from bed. Reluctant to open another tab as the laptop is being good for now so you will ahve to make do with the wit and wisdom of mothernerd.

1 Happy dance
    Modified my ferret Victory dance to suit the circumstances. Sang Happy Talk in my head (throat too sore to sing and DS3 would yell at me to shut up) and did the hand movements. Changed my hands into ferret puppets and did upright stance, crouching down stance, kick. The kick was moving both elbows up sharply. This seemed to get a bit of air in my lungs without setting off a coughing fit. Kicked my brain into gear and started to plan.

2 Recognise your limitations
    I'm stuck in bed. Would like to have a bath but not risking it atm, will have one if I improve later (something to look forward to). I have been watching the birds gathering on the Town Hall roof and preparing to fly away. This isn't a luxury we have and neither do we hibernate. I would be sooo good at hibernating - imagine feeding for a month on all the foods designed to add layers of fat, sleeping through the Winter months and waking up svelte and ready to go in Spring.

3 Positive attitude
    Feeling quite happy and 'well' as long as I don't try to move. Brain is working (thanks to happy dance exercise). Coughing fit reminds me of what a daily miracle breathing normally is and how we all take it for granted. Air is much better quality than when I was a child, fog is much rarer (we have swapped coal fires for car emmissions).

4 Planning
    Made a list of what I can do. Filing had been scaring me but I found my passport with a minimum of fuss, so just needs bringing up to date (may need to replace file box - ponder options). Can also work on learning more about my new phone, still not comfortable with it. I have reading and craft activities.

Need to go downstairs at some point so made a list of food I can bring back. It is grey but dry, so washing can be hung out (even if I have to do it slowly and sit down). Written a list of items to bring back upstairs (bin bag to collect rubbish, yoghurt and spoon to eat it with) to avoid wasting limited energy. Can heat soup and put it in my new insulated mug.

I can be happy, I can be productive, I can be useful. I will take care of my health and get properly better. Tomorrow I can make a plan for the next week (if I bringing cleaning rags back upstairs I might be able to clean the bathroom, in stages).

Have a good day turtles.

My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mothernerd - get well soon and all the other poorly people too.

DD finished for half term yesterday but DS is still at school. Me and DD are going into one of the little towns we live near to to browse the CS's and have a hot chocolate. Will call at the library on the way to get DS from school.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hugs and get well wishes to all turtles in need x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon

Hope any ill turtles are feeling better soon. It's turned into a beautiful day here so I'm going to include that in my ferret victory dance. Other things are tackling something completely new at work, escaping from work 10mins early, making plans with friends for next week, OH is making tea tonight and my hair is sitting nice today :D

Managed a NSD yesterday :). I'm just heading to the supermarket at the moment for a top-up shop. I'm working all weekend so hopefully it will stop me nipping to the shop on breaks.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10814.10/£15000 (72.1% saved). Emergency fund - £1562.44/£2000 (78.1% saved).
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon mothernerd, your motivation is so inspirational. Thank you for your kind words.

Today has been a spendy day. Spent a couple of pounds on butter, cheese, orange juice and chocolate. These will see me through to payday on Tuesday. I also got petrol and paid for my massage. The massage was definitely worth the money and I think I need to remember to treat myself kindly sometimes. I've booked another for next month after a week that I know will be very stressful. I've also caught up with my best friend, who is also my colleague, and we had a good chat and long walk in the autumnal sun. I feel loads better mentally this evening :)

Tomorrow I am going to start my plan for getting things done. This week I want to mow the lawn, clean all the blinds, Hoover the house, change the bedding, do the filing and wipe all the upvc doors. I'm also going to batch cook for the whole month of November after payday next week.

Thanks for the focus and support turtles
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 21 October 2016 at 9:22PM
    Options
    Glad you've had a better day, fmess

Washed out day here - both OH and myself felt ill and had a couple of hours sleep after the school run this morning. Still both feel a bit bleurgh, but better than we did. Not much food consumed as a result (lots of tea, though :D) I did manage to get a couple of loads of washing done and we both vacuumed up leaves in the garden (so achieved being outside today and also some exercise at the same time :D). I also thought of mothernerd's challenge when I popped to Ald1 to get packing tape and picked up 2 packs of Spring bulbs there. These have now been planted, along with 2 plants which my mum gave me and I also gave the large rosemary bush a darn good trim :) That'll do for today - my hands are actually shaking as I'm typing this, so clearly I'm not quite right. (OH is now feeling well enough to tackle a little bit of ironing)

ETA: also cleared out the fridge - totally taken my eye off the ball in there (unusually) and had to throw several things away :( Did manage to save a couple of things and put them in the freezer, but was such a waste
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Get well soon to all poorly Turtles.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Some nasty cold is going round again. Half of Dundee is floored. Luckily i just got the cough and the rest of the family is fine.

Got some free seeds in the post today, so will sow them in the gaps in the front garden this weekend. Hopefully also get the shed its last coat of paint and the garden tidied. Always looks so messy and neglected in autumn.

Got a girl's night tomorrow night but will take the car and stay sober (had my fair share tonight with DH), just looking fwd to a good catch up.

Night night
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Get better soon all you poorly turtles, there seems to be loads of nasty bugs out there for us to catch!!
    Not much happening here, I've been doing all my usual things this week and usual sitting duties, I love the dgc but they don't half wear me out, but I've been looking after the youngest dgd today (oops, yesterday) and I went out walking with her in the pushchair and she slept for the whole 2 1/2 hours!!! I bet her mum loved me tonight!!!!!
    So the fuel budget has been blown, but I have done a lot more mileage this month - all necessary. The food budget is fine as I have stopped wandering around the shops so often and I should have some leftover. I have filled up the winter medicines at last so that's good and I seem to be getting a bit if room in my freezer, which is also good.
    My Xmas pressie making is coming on and that's about it. Anyway I will close now my battery is running really low and I'm feeling tired at long last.
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - nothing as yet 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills