NST October Finding Your Inner ferret

Options

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Not very 'with it' atm. Went to counselling and crafts, came home, ate and had pills and slept. Just been woken up by DS2 coming to borrow money and not planning to be awake much longer.

I have done quite well as I thought I would be coming home early from crafts but stayed for the whole session and walked there and back - save a place for me in that Zumba class, another week or two and you won't know me.
    n
    Today I am grateful for glorious weather (after the downpours of recent days) for seeing a ladybird and for excellent company - I wasn't feeling 'sociable' (well sat away from the others as several of them cannot take antibiotics and didn't want to pass on lurgy) but it's pleasant to sit with other people and just have back and forth conversation with no pressure. We finished the tooth fairy house one of the participants was making - fixed the problem of making the roof curve inwards last week and made a 'proto' chimney. It had to be 'fitted' today as final size was slightly different once the roof pieces were glued in place.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening!
    Car has been at a service today and now it does weird things. Well, back it goes tomorrow :(.
    Also holiday club told DH tonight we underpaid by 40 quid. I'm 100% sure i gave them 100 for this week in cash on Tuesday morning. Will have a chat tomorrow morning. Glad i keep good track of my spending, so there is no doubt from my side.

5 nights of bad sleep so off soon to hopefully get a better one.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

Thought I'd post as I'm wide awake due to stresses at work and haven't had time to post much this week, so thought I'd try and be productive.

Two more SFDs for me but spent yesterday on loads of treats as was feeling mentally exhausted. I was proud of myself as I misread an offer and thought I was getting a product 2 for £3. At the till the offer didn't come up so I went and checked and it was 3 for the price of two, so I asked the shop assistant for my free third product :) I wouldn't have dared speak up before :)

Not much else happening. Just one more day at work and then a week off. Thank goodness!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fmess - not good being up at that time! Hope you did get some rest and manage to cope with work. Hope the stresses decrease too and you can enjoy the break.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Fmess - Enjoy your week off.

My only spend yesterday was that damn £2 lunch spend, and guess what...it'll be the same today too.

I've just been so busy in the evenings I've not had the time. Need to change all that.
  • thriftylass
    edited 20 October 2016 at 12:01PM
    Options
    Hello,

today wasn't an SFD as I popped into Lidl to get milk and bread.

Rediscovered my Nectar account (with £5.75 in it) after being invited to join e-rewards (a survey thingy that lets you earn nectar points). So I added that to my xmas money making survey sites. Hopefully get about £50 across them.

Gym at lunch time again. And finally healthy lunch of salad etc in work.

Told DS's holiday club that I am 100% certain that I paid the full amount and why (and didn't mention that they should've counted straight away, I have the receipt etc.) and they said ok. So I guess that's that.

Not heard from the car yet.
  • Fmess
    Options
    Evening all,

Thank you did the support apple and speky.

I made it through the day, although there were a few tears but lovely friends gave me hugs and we ate cake to get us through. I'm so relieved to be off now for 10 days but have a mountain of work to do and the stressful situation will continue on due a few more weeks.

SFD again today :) Tomorrow won't be as I booked a last minute massage as a treat to myself and need petrol and butter.

Hope you're all ok?
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Quick check in as all is not well with the laptop (operating system).

Have been to my local hstory session, picked something I had orddered from the archives, gathered extra library books. Needed a taxi there but walked home and have been resting since. Sent word to mum that I may not visit (usually tells me not to go if I am ill).

Today I am grateful for rock from Blackpool, hot soup and sweets for my sore throat (at the swallowing razor blades stage). Will try to find some inspirational qoutes for next week to give us all a lift.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Fmess
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon mothernerd
  • thriftylass
    edited 21 October 2016 at 10:26AM
    Options
    Good morning!

Luckily the car if fine. Couldn't replicate the weird thing it did when the mechanic took it for a spin and now it just still has the funny smell from the new brake pads.

No SFD today either as we'll need loo roll and some other bits that I couldn't carry when I went to lidl yesterday. Lasagne for tea is pre-cooked.

Sold my old SLR lens that was broken on ebay and bought another one. Unfortunately that one didn't work properly with my camera (new vs old model) so put it back on. Got a few bids (less then I bought for as I pointed out that it doesn't work with new models perfectly). So overall (incl. selling other items and this little purchase mistake) I still should have made enough money on ebay last month to buy the right lens.

Definitely overspend this month (mainly due to holiday and poor budgeting for it) and there is still halloween to come and another week of food. Got a fair bit of meat left and luckily DS will be back on school dinners next week.

Now my mantra for the next two hours will be: Go to gym, go directly to gym, do not pass canteen, do not collect chips :)EDIT just had a chat with colleagues about how bad the chips in pour canteen are nowadays and then found a packet of LiDL instant porridge in my desk. Craving averted I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure