NST October Finding Your Inner ferret

Options

Comments

• thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello,

another SFD today (just bought cold meds), lunch to work and made it to the gym again (despite cold, more a token session just so I went rather than breaking the run).

Going to have a giant baked brie for dinner tonight. Will also make chicken pesto pasta but I think most of that will go towards lunches tomorrow.

That's all for now
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi All

Just back from the dentist's. Son is absolutely fine. He was slightly concerned about his 2 teeth that are coming in either side of his big top front teeth but the dentist said he's happy with the development and by the time his canines come in age 9 they should straighten them. In any case they can only refer children for braces between 12 and 14.

My own visit was free due to maternity exemption. They did my x-rays though and the one filling I have needs to be replaced with an inlay. For that I will need to go back on another day and have an injection etc to numb the area. I'm hoping to go next week when OH is off work as I don't want to go through bringing the children with me again.

My missing cheques are still missing. Very annoying as that £55 would be very handy right now. I rang the solicitors and text my friend to ask both to reissue. So that's that now.

DD was sent a late birthday gift today which I'd been advised to expect. A lovely silver baby bracelet. So that was nice to come home too.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nothing much to report claiming a SFD today.

Yesterday spent on milk and nice curry ended up in my basket. 2.50 spend in total.

Exercise is coming to a stop walking yesterday very painful with knee problems. Will try small one on the flat when I get home, like to get outside no matter what the weather is. Very blustery here today will test my new fence out

Brought eggs to work so had scrambled eggs for lunch. Need to up my iron levels so tired lately. No idea what to make for tea, heaps of parsnips carrots may roast them and have a fish with it. Leftovers can be thrown in a soup.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Exercise/outdoors: cycled dds to school
    Vending machine: narrow escape! Promised myself I could have a chocolate bar from the vending machine if I had the change in my wallet. I didn't! I will get a hot chocolate with extra caramel flavouring from the machine at Reception, which is free :A
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    18 October

Hello Everyone

I didn't manage to post yesterday as we received the very sad news that C's sister's condition has deteriorated considerably and she is now very ill. Regrettably I am abandoning my challenges for the time being. It is a very small family unit- just C and his two brothers (no other relatives at all) so it's a very difficult time for us. I'll be back when it's possible.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    So sorry to hear your sad news Toni'sfriend - take as long as you need. We will all be hear sending hugs and positive thoughts and you, your partner and family ((( )))

Sat was a spend day as got food shopping.
    Sun we went to an Apple Day to get our apples ID'd - brought some cyclamen ready to pot up my wooden trough by my front door. Also did a brewery tour which was excellent, got a free bottle of beer (well I had cider).
    Mon and today have both been NSD's so that takes me to 8 so far.

I think tomorrow will be a spend as need butter.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Toni'sfriend - sending you lots of hugs.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sending good wishes Tonisfriend
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hugs Toni's friend we will be thinking of you.

Strange day. Lots to do and no motivation, get up and go has got up and went.

Sticking to the 'just because you can't do it all, doesn't mean you can't do some of it', I set off this afternoon to tick a few boxes (books back to the library and printed off some bits, to the archives to order a newspaper article, paid money into business account at the General). Visited 6 places and got soaking wet.

Rested for an hour and called for a taxi to get me to the doctor's. Not even worth putting my cagoule back on. Was back to trailing along the walls at the doctor's. I now have anti-biotics on top of other medication. Taxi home, binned the pizza boxes and made DS3 bring the bin bag down and take my bags up. I addded the kitchen rubbish, took the bin to the pick up point, stripped off the wet clothes and crawled back into bed.

Today I am grateful for helpful people including taxi drivers, for foods that don't irritate my throat and for being able to use my favourite toilet at the infirmary. Claiming a NSD for Saturday as DS1 gave me back the money for collecting his parcel and that was the only thing I spent money on.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thinking of you Toni's friend.

Ran a very fast (for me;)) and hilly 30 minutes outside last night. Felt really fit and can only put it down to the 2 PT sessions that we are having every week. I also managed 10 press ups.

We got weighed at our session on Monday and have both lost weight but look much thinner than the scales say, if that makes sense. I am back in the size 8 jeans I haven't worn since last Christmas :D when I was about 4lb lighter than I am now. I am only small so 4lb is quite a bit on me.

Yesterday was a NSD which puts me on 3 I think.

Monday I donated some food to the harvest festival food collection at DS school.

DH has received a tax rebate of £500 :j Unfortunately he wants to spend it on some new clothes for both of us. He does need some new jeans and I could do with a couple of lighter tops for the winter but not 500 quids worth! I would rather put a chunk in savings or pay for some of the kitchen work which has gone on the 0% card.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills