NST: Sailing into September

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Just checking my progress:

Spends – Up to 10 so far so should be able to get another 4 in the next 12 days.

Eating – The majority of the pork has returned from the butcher, the boys weighed 12.5stone and 14stone!! We have one chest freezer full and another partly full. Still got the gammon and bacon to come back.
    I have not done a proper shop this month as trying to eat from stores, its working well and we are just buying things as we need it like fruit, veg and butter.

Have been taking lunch in every day.

Presents – Got my sisters Xmas present and will get socks and a scratchcard for everyone else.
    I used to make Pots of Gold but as they are mainly sweets I felt people got fed up of them as they already had a lot. So for the last few years I have been doing a small something plus a scratchcard - everyone rings each other on Xmas morning to find out who has won!!

Time – I can't say I have taken time for myself as such but I do know that I am not rushing around like I used to. Some nights I have been going to bed early to read.
    I am also not rushing around at 100mph, if I don't have time to do something it doesn't get done. I will no longer put myself out for others.

Empty – not done my spice drawer yet but will hopefully do it in the week.

Meet met up with bestie last week, we went out for a meal and it was lovely, the food and the company. We plan to go back to meeting up every 3 weeks like we used to before committee work got in the way.

Bed– We small shed not sorted yet, just trying to scrounge a piece of wood to fit rather than buy something. We have the felt already.
    Last Saturday I spent all day tidying the bedroom including under the bed!

Exercise – Have been walking further on colder days/nights - can't wait for winter as we can walk the dogs in the afternoon and go even further afield.

Reading - have been reading the books I got from the library, nearly finished one of them so will report in.

Budget was done but I need to update YNAB for the last week.

Not donated to food bank but did partake in the bring and share meal.

So all in all not going too badly this month.

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Had a very spendy day yesterday as Clarks have a 20% off offer on everything. As my feet are getting wider and deeper constantly, I now need wide shoes and most of theirs seem to fit. I bought two new pairs to replace a pair of worn out winter boots and three cheap pairs of pumps that I've had over the last five years. It's a lot of money all at once but hopefully they'll last a couple of years, as long as my feet don't outgrow them!

Also got a few items from aldee and then had a night in. One of my dogs fell awkwardly whilst jumping for a ball and so is not doing great today :( He only had three legs anyway so injuring one is a big deal. I found him halfway up the stairs crying in the middle of the night and had to carry him the rest of the way, and he's quite a big dog. Not take him to the vets yet as he doesn't seem too uncomfortable and probably just needs a few days rest.

I've also had some exciting news about my house (can't share on here) but it means o really need to debt free ASAP. I've looked at all my budgets and the next few months are tight so I'm kind of panicking that I won't be debt free by the new year, which would be ideal timing. Most of my outgoings in the next few months are essential like MOT, dentist (not been for years!), birthdays etc. Maybe I just need to not eat! But I don't even spend much on that!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi all. It has been a glorious weekend here, really warm and sunny.

Yesterday we ran some errands in the morning, home for lunch and a wander around town in the afternoon where I managed to get a denim shirt from a CS, I have been looking for one for ages. Me and DH cycled later then in the evening we lit a fire and had toasted marshmallows.

I cycled first thing then after DS and DH came back from football we packed a picnic and went for a very long and hilly walk, we met goats, sheep and pigs and the kids had a great time. Called at M&S on the way home and got two dressing gowns for the kids for Christmas, the SA gave me a Sparks card and I got 20% off.

I've had a pork joint in the slow cooker all day for tea which smells great.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Did a post last night but think I lost it half way through!

Spends - spendy day on Fri - took DD to uni so bought her lunch and then did a Tesc0 shop for her. NSD yesterday. Shopped at A1di today (£33 on food). Will need to go to Tesc0 Tues, but have a MOC which I can use from tomorrow.

Eating - other than lunch out with DD on Fri, stores are still going down well. Fakeaway kebabs last night - healthy, tasty and all from stores (inc YS pittas and YS chicken from freezer) As no DD here I didn't do a roast dinner today (her fave meal) but made a chilli, using mince from the freezer (been in there 7 months....), chopped and frozen peppers from before our Summer hols and everything else from stores - served with rice and more pittas from the freezer :) Lunch has been prepped for the boys for school tomorrow. OH will buy himself a £1 Boots lunch on 02 priority moments as he is elsewhere in the country for a job interview and leaving at silly o'clock in the morning to get there (and £1 is a darn good deal :D)

Presents -bought a few small bits for OH's bday from fleabay and have identified a few things for DS3 which I think I can use a voucher on, fingers crossed :)

Time - finished a book last night. Caught up on some tv whilst ironing last night and the night before

Bed - planted some pansies up. Bought some more today. OH has cut back hedges and mown lawns. I have emptied out a compost bin and got rid of the compacted and dried out bit from the bottom ready so it can start again (and I can use up a different one)

Empty - tidied/ sorted my bathroom c-o-d. Definitely don't need any skincare for Xmas! :D

Exercise - lots of steps during the week. Less this weekend but still getting things done. Too achy to go for a walk though!

Reading - finished The Night Road last night - enjoyed it and have put it ready to pass on to my mum when she is next here :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • x_raphael_xx
    Options
    Spends – No NSDs over the weekend, although I got away with a couple of very LSDs. Apart from £20 to go in a wedding card (and the card itself), I spent £5.10 on some wool for my brothers Christmas present.
    I was bought drinks all night yesterday (4 pints and a half of coke) so I didn't spend in the evening. We were put up by my uncle, and my auntie supplied a fry-up this morning.
    And all I've bought today is my Ninja Turtle comic. So a successful weekend.

Eating – The buffet had some very delicious sausage rolls. I'm ashamed to say I ended up eating three!! Bad weekend for eating, but we're back to chicken and salads from tomorrow.

Presents – Got a few squares crocheted in the car on the way down. BF wanted me to drive home, so haven't done any today.

Time – I'm currently watching 'Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners'. I love it. I really love cleaning, although I'm not OCD I do have to do things the way I like it done. BF offered to clean the oven once, I turned him down.
    I can't believe people can live in some of the states of the houses on the show. This woman hasn't cleaned her loo for five years!!

Empty – Haven't got round to tackling the cupboard under the stairs yet. But I have been slowly decluttering around the flat and no junk has entered. The decluttered wardrobe has stayed tidy :)

Meet Caught up with mums side of the family this weekend, and BF got introduced to everyone. Had a good laugh on the drive home from the club house (BF didn't drink) with a squiffy auntie in the car. I remember her always being very prim and proper so it was very amusing.
    Didn't get to see Granny. Mum decided to visit her yesterday and didn't let me know her plans had changed, or we would have driven down earlier to join them.
    As she is in the hospital the visiting hours weren't until really late so we decided not to hang around. Mum wasn't going again and with Grannys alzheimers I doubt she would have recognised me anyway.
    I was in two minds about visiting as I want to remember her as she was, and not like she is now. I had steeled myself for an upsetting visit but I'm sort of glad it was taken out of my hands.

Bed– Summer duvet is still firmly on the bed. Auntie had supplied us with a very thick winter duvet and we were sweltering. The window was open but I really missed my fan. Even with the fan on all night at home (not very MSE but needed) we are still very warm at night. Cannot wait for the cold weather.

Exercise – Aiming to make the Sweat Club Run tomorrow, if I can get away from work on time. Need to work off those sausage rolls!

Reading – Haven't had time for reading my book this weekend, but have caught up reading my subscribed threads if that counts :p
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Spends - £2 on drinks at Rugby as it was boiling hot, £5 on beer and £116 in B n Q on winter bedding plants and hanging baskets, a clock, a picture and some solar lights which are going back as one is smashed.

Eats - DM left us 12 yogurts (something we don't normally buy) as she was worried they wouldn't survive her journey home. Also used some old jacket pots for wedges for tonight's tea

Presents - Had an idea for a gift for our friends. Thought I might do them a pot of gold. We don't spend a lot and usually get the a bottle of wine/prosecco but thought this would be a bit different.

Time for me - I am going to make an appointment to get my nails done later in the week and will watch Victoria this evening with a nice cup of rooibos earl grey:)

Empty - I have chucked a bin bag of old clothes and DS worn out and grown out of shoes. Also took a load of stuff from the kitchen refurb to the tip

Meet - Arranged to go to cinema with friend later in the week

Bed - I have made headway in the room of doom and found a place to store the bedding. DS duvet washed.

Exercise - Another long walk with the dog this afternoon

Reading - Finished my book last night. May wait until the weekend to start another if I am going to the library on Friday.

DH sold our old DW today. Well he offered it for free and they kindly gave him some beer money which I will pay off our loan.

I have been feeling really stressed about getting stuff done this week, not helped by being so tired after the half marathon last weekend, but this evening I feel I have actually achieved quite a bit :)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • x_raphael_xx
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »
    Thought I might do them a pot of gold.
    I did this one year. Filled it with those 'Gold' choc bars, a bag of choc coins, ferrero rocher and I managed to find a scratch card called 'Pot of gold'.
    Went down really well :D
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Hi turtles,

Spends - I am up to 10 NSDs this month. Weekly shop has been done so should achieve plenty more this week.

Eating - am in the process of finishing this week's meal plan. I am home alone tomorrow so will have the opportunity to do some batch cooking and get some meals/part meals in the freezer.

Presents - have told mil & FIL I will make their Xmas cake this year (she usually pays a lot to have one made), so that will be their present.

Time - have not managed much me time this month. I will make an effort this week.

Empty - my hall is full of items we have declutter from various rooms in the house. I have sold a fair amount online and whatever hasn't sold by the end of the month will be taken to charity or binned.

Meet - I went to a big family reunion this week - 60 of us altogether and shamefully most family members I hadn't seen since I was a child. Was good to catch up.

Bed - unfortunately our garage door has broken and we are waiting for landlord to fix it. I can't open and close it without DHs help so have fallen a bit behind on sorting the garden and on washing bedding etc (machine is in the garage). Will send landlord a reminder tomorrow.

Exercise - completely failing at this and I have no excuse!

Reading - my mum has given me a book. May start reading it this week, or may save it for holiday next month.
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Haven't managed to post for a few days, it's been a spendy weekend. Brunch and a wee bit shopping with my sis on Friday, a takeaway yesterday with OH and the food shop today. Need to review my budgets/goals and aim for some NSDs this week.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10796.88/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1538.77/£2000 (76.9% saved).
  • dizzyblnd
    Options
    I've managed a rare weekend nsd meaning I'm up to 9. And I found 6p roadkill. I never find anything. Busy weekend so haven't caught up on the thread yet but I will tomorrow.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport