What Small Debt Free Wanabee things will you do this week? w/c 15th August

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning :coffee:
    LaE - please can I come to your house for the weekend? It sounds as though it's going to be amazing :D
    So, the weather is turning and it's due to start raining in the next hour or so. I really want a day of doing next to nothing today. I am always tired at the moment and not feeling very well rested considering I'm at the end of week 4 of summer. :think:
    Plans for today:
    :tongue: check banking and PAD
    :tongue: hoover through
    :tongue: load of washing even if I can't get it dried today
    :tongue: crochet
    :tongue: telly watching
    :tongue: sleep if needed
    :tongue: kick the kids backsides to help round the house a bit
    :tongue: do some meal prep
    :tongue: aim for nsd (this will be a miracle)
    :tongue: go to besties house and let her cats in once the rain comes
    :tongue: empty recycling
    Have a good day everyone :beer:
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 August 2016 at 11:06AM
    Options
    Specks I haven't made it before so can't say. I'll let you know how it turns out. When I dig out the recipe I'll post it for you, it has a crumble topping and a good way to use up an apple going to waste in the fridge

Hope you get some r&r cat x

Was given 2 tickets to a concert tomorrow (Santana tribute band) ticket price £25 for the 2 :T just hope oh's ma can babysit then it's a totally free night out :T
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening Friday People,
    Seem to have spent a lot of today in queuing traffic despite only going on straightforward city centre trip. Some money saving bits though:
    *Bought £108's worth of clothes for £32 in Monsoon sale.
    *Took packed lunch with us to save on buying lunch out.
    *We did buy a coffee first thing but mr f paid as he owed me one :-) Later in the day, we nearly went in Costa's but got a free one in Waitrose instead.
    *Had not intended to do full grocery shop at Waitrose but the traffic was so awful, we decided to go there instead of crawling back across town. Budget was £50 & we spent £57. Not too bad as more expensive store but then it occurred to us we'd included additional stuff for one night next week when we have friends round for a meal & the free coffees also saved us at least £4, so that didn"t seem too bad plus we got a free 'Guardian'.
    *Bought supplies of gas cannisters for forthcoming camping trip. £1 cheaper per cannister on what we'd pay in our home town.
    *Picked more courgettes.
    *A free bottle of drink each from Boots, courtesy of O2 Priorities.
    *Picked up free copy of new M&S autumn Home catalogue. Don't expect I will buy anything but I like to get ideas I can adapt/make for free.
    *Lovely (enormous) YS loaf for 35p which was crying out to be made into bacon sarnies tomorrow morning.
    *Relaxing no-spend evening watching tv, reading & maybe knitting.
    La E - Your menu sounds very yum! Re gravy.....when you find yourself with meat juices from a roast & more time on your hands, make plenty of gravy & freeze it in gravy jug size quantities. Then when you have a roast dinner to cook for guests, you only have to take it out the night before & heat it up just before you serve up. That's what I'd do....cheat a bit x
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • princess_pea
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you're all ok

Manic week as I've had a chest infection and it was OH's birthday, found out today my department is going to be restructured AGAIN and we're getting married in two weeks time!

It has been an expensive week with OH's birthday and an unplanned prescription. It's OH's stag do tomorrow so I'm going to stay at a friend's for the night, although she's not going to be there so I'll be on my tod with the poochy! How sad is that!

Starting to feel better today so I managed to tackle most of the ironing mountain. Banking checked and up to date too.

I'll do a proper update for the weekend tomorrow.

Night all :)
    DFD 7/3/2016
    Mortgage Free January 2048 June 2032
    Long-Term Savings Pot £8750
    DS welcomed 12/2/20 <3
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Been awol for a few days as I had a migraine type thing :( Just about back to normal today, and I celebrated by cleaning the fridge and oven :eek:

Have to confess to some food waste, as I hadn't inspected the fridge contents as I normally would :o About a third of a tub of coleslaw, a few olives and a couple of furry beetroot hit the compost heap this morning :( On the positive side, I did use up some past their best mushrooms for lunch (fine cooked the weightwatchers way, in a little veg stock instead of fried in butter, though I rather spoiled the effect on my waistline by having them on a toasted brioche bun :rotfl:) and some leftover veg curry for dinner :T

Other than that, I posted a couple of ebay sales and checked in at my sales unit, and a couple of bits had sold there too :T

OH is away on his annual fishing trip, so I am using the time on my own to do jobs that don't seem to get done as often as they should :) Dusting tomorrow :eek:

I have just caught up on everyone's news, though the weekly format makes it too hard to remember who has done what to reply individually, but congrats where due and hugs where needed :)

Off to bed now I think!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening All

Quick check in here.

1. This week I have eaten up all the leftover frozen food for lunches. 3 x lasagne & 1 shepards pie.
    2. Tonights dinner incorporated 2 x small boxes of pasta cooked earlier in the week, & stirred into a spag bol so it all cooked in one pan. Saved a bit of washing up too.
    3. Sold 3 items on ebay today. £25 much needed coming in the morning.
    4. Found £1 coin
    5. Took kids to pets at home/toys r us for our outing today as it was raining. We had a good laugh.

Night all.
    Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Increased holiday savings fund.

Worked. Worked some more. Worked again. Over-worked.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all, just catching up on here and planning my day. Thrilled our girls won gold in the hockey last night was very exciting :T

Grey and raining here so washing done overnight will have to go on airer
    Check banking, surveys and FPL
    Meals from stores
    Write shopping list according to meal plan and do a shop later
    Both girls to dancing, pay subs from subs pot
    Make cake in bread maker, probably gingerbread
    Didn't have time for car insurance yesterday as we went out earlier so still on to do list

Right off to meal plan, have a great day. PF.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Just back from a lovely 4 day camping trip to the seaside. Need to properly check my finances in a bit but think we did quite well, the good weather helped. DH and I have just celebrated 20 years of marriage and decided to celebrate it by buying new bikes with a view to taking up cycling again now that the boys are nearly grown up and in theory we have more free time. We really need to spend more time together and although the bikes weren't cheap we are thinking of camping/cycling holidays and days out on the cheap so I hope this will be a sensible long term investment.

Anyhow the sun is shining, the washing is out and I need to get my act together. Lots to do today!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    PF yum to ginger bread. Lovely stuff. Save me a slice.
    Ally You appear to be working an awful lot lately. Do take care of yourself too.
    Yorkshire The bikes sound a great investment. Congrats on 20 years as well!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport