What Small Debt Free Wanabee things will you do this week? w/c 15th August

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Quick post before away out the door :) but need a list to keep me on the straight and narrow:

Check banking, surveys and FPL
    Moved £1.20 £copayment to savings
    Left over pasta for lunch, snack and bottle of (tap) water with me
    Next veg box arrived, all packed away. Two humongous apples, one will be my snack at work today. Should feed an army :D
    Didn't have left over lamb yesterday so that will be today with some greens from veggie box :)
    Quick shower, leave hair to dry
    Double check time of shoe appointment for girls for Monday
    Car insurance renewal came via e mail sneakily haven't said how much it is and you have to go through a million hopes to get info. Already not impressed. Have already done a comparison and now what I'm going to pay as a maximum

Right best get on, enjoy the weather folks. PF.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »
    What's up?

Thanks for the explanation Ally I thought it was something like that. I tried using photobucket then tiny URL but it didnt seem to work.
    Bob - you could also join our wee face book group and share your pics there...? xx

Awww thank you. I dont really use FB La E. It is to show someone who kindly made DD a toy a picture of it.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today I have/will:

1. Checked online banking
    2. NSD
    3. Surveys
    4. Watch olympics
    5. Updated snowball and spreadsheet
    6. Meals from stores
    7. Picked first of my beans (first time I have ever grown them so feeling quite proud of myself:))
    8. Watered veggies
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bagpuss well done on your home grown beans lovely!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Good afternoon all :D
    Didn't get a chance to report in this morning because I've been busy... DD has been out to meet up with friends for bowling and a catch up and I took ds pokemon hunting while she was out. Should have been cheap but I succumbed to drinks and ice cream because it got SO hot... naughty step for me.
    Also, the crochet blanket is almost done :j:j:j I'm really proud of it if I do say so myself. And already thinking about my next project, which will be something for bestie's birthday next month

[STRIKE]
    :cheesy: check banking and PAD[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cheesy: clean the bathroom[/STRIKE]
    :cheesy: post this parcel :o:o:o
    [STRIKE]:cheesy: take the kids out pokemon hunting[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cheesy: crochet[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cheesy: hoover through[/STRIKE]
    :cheesy: load of washing done and out to dry on the line
    [STRIKE]:cheesy: make something useful out of freezer leftovers[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]:cheesy: nag dh to hand his holiday forms in.[/STRIKE]

I nagged dh to hand his holiday forms in and his boss was her usual awkward self about it. :mad: I have completely forgotten about this blimming parcel and the washing. Best get myself in order. I have already
    :cool: checked banking and PAD
    :cool: plenty of outdoor exercise in the weather
    :cool: taken dd to meet her friends
    :cool: made more progress on blanket
    And still to come
    :cool: do a load of washing
    :cool: find something from the freezer for dinner
    :cool: get this blanket finished (20 ends to weave in)
    :cool: choose something to make for bestie for her birthday
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,129 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,
    Not so many jobs on the list today as mr f can't spend his whole week off cleaning ovens & cutting hedges, so we had a day out. Have kept the faith, but treated ourselves to an icecream this afternoon as so hot. So here are my things:
    *Laundry done overnight on cheap tariff & pegged out first thing.
    *Took a picnic with us on our outing, including a flask of coffee & home-baked cake, so only petrol & admission price.
    *mr f only put as little petrol in the car as he thought we could get away with as we hand over our car to the car dealership in part-ex tomorrow & he said he's b*ggered if they're getting half a tank of free petrol with it too!
    *Rubber chicken will do it's 3rd dinner tonight - chinese chicken stir-fry, which will be using some of our home-grown stuff (Ooooh, congratulations on those beans, Bagpuss, it's so rewarding growing our own stuff, isn't it?!)
    *Water veggie garden & greenhouse.
    *Updated budget AGAIN! Yes, I know I only did it the other day, but we have a huge wodge of cashola going out of our account tomorrow morning as we are paying the balance on the new motor, & I had a bit of a wobble & needed the control of seeing all the absolute latest figures on paper in black & white to save me stressing tomorrow.
    *Sorted out all relevant car documents for the car we're selling. All 4 tyres & the expensive work/parts we had done on the gearbox are still under guarantee. Wish I could also tell whoever buys it off the garage that the clutch is ok too. We had it thoroughly looked at when they had to take it out to work on the gear box & mechanic said it was in perfect working order. Am going to check over all the paperwork again as it will be annoying to have to send on stuff we've forgotten. Remembered to take favourite umbrella & NT parking sticker out of the car too.
    *Did 6 supermarket feedback prize draws. Someone has to win & I think it was more than high time that it was me!
    *Updated a market research project I was recruited for via Ugov. I finished the other one earlier this week & will get 30,000 Toluna points for it, which will take me pretty much to my next voucher.
    *2p roadkill
    *Another 50p paid into my sealed pot......though I spotted mr f feeding THREE £2 coins into his the other day so I need to up my game. Why do we get so competitive over this? Opening the night before his birthday in December again & he's hoping there'll be sufficient in his for a new model X-box....................whereas mine will be spent on something lovely.
    OK, must sign out & see how the chef's getting on. It was my cooking night but he volunteered as I'd got budgeting to worry over.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,129 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    LegoMum - Just before I disappear.......re your husband always feeling poorly & under the weather when he's on leave/holiday, this is just a thought........
    Someone I know had exactly the same thing with her partner on holiday or even if he was at home on leave, but they hadn't gone away. He was tired, headachey, just not right, & you'll never guess what it was? Caffiene withdrawel!! He was drinking several coffees during his working day at the office, but this was a 'work' rather than a 'home' habit, so he was then going on leave/holiday & only having the one or two with my friend that she'd normally have & the big drop in caffiene was causing him to feel really grotty for the first few days.
    This may not be at all relevant for your husband's situation but I thought I'd mention it. mr f & I drink lots of coffee & we certainly both start to feel really yuk if we go too far into the morning without one. I am ok with as low as 2 proper 'cafetiere' mugs a day, but if I missed one of those, I would get a headache & start mithering. Anyway, just a thought.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Went to work.

Received NikWax freebie from a competition.

Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,600 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kept up with todays posts
    Placed order with wholesaler
    NSD
    Walked all journeys
    Rm Survey
    Ashleigh
    FPL
    All meals from stores
    DW & Wm set to run over night
    Dried washing outside
    Batch of porridge made yesterday, should be enough to last me to the weekend
    Read Martin's email
    Picked blackberries from the garden, the season is just starting, we had enough for a portion each with lunch, looks like it will be a bumper crop
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: is it really only Thursday :rotfl:

Lovely to hear those of you on jollies are having fun and keeping the faith ;)

My list for today:
    Check banking, surveys and FPL. Have a couple in in box
    Pay day tomorrow so will pad balance of account to savings tonight so they're at zero for tomorrow's funds which are already showing as pending :D
    New meal from planner - pork and rosemary lasagne, got mince from freezer
    Work from home so no commute :T two horrible journeys this week so thankful for this
    Message guy about door - he's coming next week, I'm ridiculously excited :D
    Messaged customer about order she collected yesterday, profits to savings
    Get lots of work done
    Make a couple of appointments I have had reminders for

Think that's about all for now, check back later. PF.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure