What Small Debt Free Wanabee things will you do this week? w/c 15th August

Options

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi August Awesome-ees,

Got called into work s'morning for 3 hours. It was meant to be my day off. I could've cried when I got the call at 6am. :cry: Still, it's extra money.

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Two:

* Checked broadband allowance and did the SIM shuffle.

* Did RMS Surveys.

* Rescued the day by having a drive over to Loch Lomond and walking along the shore.

* Watch DVDs we already own.

* Watch Olympics.

Live long, live well and prosper.

Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Today I have / will:
    Wrap 2 ebay parcels and post both those and the two I wrapped last night
    Small shop from Mr S, and grab some more of their free wine boxes to use for packaging :)
    List more things on ebay
    Put away a load of china and bubble wrap currently clogging up the dining room :(
    Load of washing
    Walk dog
    Water flowers in front garden plus the French beans
    Pick tomatoes and French beans
    Make a veggie curry for dinner
    Bit of gardening - get rid of tough, pest infested salad leaves, into the compost with them :eek:
    Get rid of nasturtiums that are covered with caterpillars (horrible cabbage white ones :()

Better get on!
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,600 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today I plan to:
    LSD Looks like this is going to turn into a NSD :j
    Post on this thread for support, motivation and inspiration Done
    Open curtains fully Done
    Close curtains before it gets dark
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use Done
    reusable sanitary wear Done
    Stick to meal plan Done
    B/L/D from stores Done
    make bread WIP
    Renew library books Done
    PAD into saving £3.66 -1p Done
    Soak porridge overnight
    Set DW to run overnight
    Set WM to run overnight
    Pack snacks, to have at my course Done
    Take water with us, both to my course as well as the children's martial arts training this evening Done
    Take hot drink in thermal mug, to my course Done
    Check FPL WIP
    Ashleigh
    Educate children for free Done
    Entertain children and us for free Done
    Do not wash hair Done
    RM survey Done
    Dry laundry outside Done
    Ongoing projects:
    Cull 100 emails Done
    Keep up to date with destroying confidential waste Done
    Continue making scrap/note pad with used envelopes, the back of used paper all held together with a bulldog clip Done

Pleased to see I'm making good progress with today's list, I will need to make the most of the time while OH is taking children to martial arts tonight.
    lego_mum wrote: »
    Bb, sounds like a nice friend.

Yes he is a lovely lad, from great family we don't see as much of them as their children are growing away from the groups that mine are interested in, unsurprisingly really as he is 5 years older than ds. He felt guilty as he hasn't taken them fishing for nearly a year, but he has been very busy with exams, duke of Edinburgh, girlfriend and fishing including national competitions.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Doing ok on list and DH did the beds today and dried outside in sunshine

Lovely folk your views would be appreciated - sold item on fleabay and nearly two weeks after receiving it buyer messaged to say Velcro didn't work (which isn't true as it was working fine) and she says its only fit for charity shop. I said that despite me not having the same view I'd refund the amount (£6) she then messaged me the next day saying as it was £3 to post it wouldn't be worth it. What do I do? Do I offer to refund the first postage too - or just refund and let her keep item? Or do I just stand my ground but assume she will leave negative feedback?

TIA
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening Savers,
    Busy day. Mr f is off this week & encouraged by his success with cleaning our minger of an oven yesterday, he decided to cut the front hedges & water & feed all the veg today, so not only did that save me a job, it's also made the front drive look a lot nicer. Today's money saving highlights:
    *Free coffee & 'Guardian' from Waitrose.
    *Used 4lbs of our lovely homegrown tomatoes to make chutney. Used recycled jars, as always & our homegrown chillies & garlic also went into it. Did have to buy red peppers, but bought Basics & sliced off all the tops first, which I chopped & froze to use on home made pizza next time I make one.
    *Froze 2 boxes of our fresh chillies.
    *Made filling for leftover wraps which will make us a picnic for tomorrow to save money when we go on a little outing.
    *Baked jam buns as a treat for mr f for doing the oven & hedges - much cheaper than our old pre-LBM option which would have been treating ourselves to a hefty takeaway.
    *Wrote 2 letters. Recycled envelopes by using sticky labels. Already had stamps.
    *Paid £500 car deposit across to CC. We only used it to maximise vouchers.
    *Saved some more plastic containers for next season's seed trays.
    *Did the ironing.......only the items which really needed it.
    *Put a wash on timer for overnight cheap tariff. Another nice day tomorrow so will peg it out in the sunshine before we go out.
    *Did rubber chicken. It did roast dinner yesterday, fajhitas tonight, will also do a Chinese stir-fry tomorrow night plus 2 lunches. The rest has been frozen to add to a stew next time one of us makes one & the carcass is in a plastic bag in the freezer for when I next make stock.
    Purplefairy - I'm going to PM you that recipe I promised in a minute. Just been thinking about your ebay customer. I'm thinking this could be a nice little ploy to get a refund AND keep the item. If it's a one-off, you may cut your losses if you'd have to pay her £3 return postage as well, but if you genuinely think the item was fine & exactly as described & fit for purpose, then something here probably doesn't 'smell quite right'....that's my two penneth!
    OK, must get a wriggle on. Then bum in chair for some TV & a jam bun.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »
    What's up?

Horray Im saved!
    I am guessing you may know how I can post a picture up on here from an external source? I have been trying to use photo bucket then link to that but computer says no....save me Obi wan K'Ally your my only hope :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Legomum wow you are even keeping the faith on your holidays! Impressed.

PF How annoying. I am just thinking that your sale item pictures may have covered that area visually? If so I'd be tempted to say, sold as seen and then sit tight. 2 weeks is a long time to raise any complaints anyway. She could have damaged it herself by then.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • allydowd
    edited 16 August 2016 at 8:41PM
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Horray Im saved!
    I am guessing you may know how I can post a picture up on here from an external source? I have been trying to use photo bucket then link to that but computer says no....save me Obi wan K'Ally your my only hope :)

:rotfl: That's funny, Bob. I am kinda Yoda height.

You need to post the picture on a public viewable webpage and then link to that. www.Flikr.com works. Once the image is saved on Flikr copy the URL (web address) into your post on here by clicking the Insert Image icon above. Then add the URL of your photo and it should display in here.

album-72157651394636649Or click Insert Link above and put it in there like this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131416270@N05/19780730334/in/album-72157651394636649/

If that fails check your private messages for another solution.

Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,600 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »
    :rotfl: That's funny, Bob. I am kinda Yoda height.

You need to post the picture on a public viewable webpage and then link to that. www.Flikr.com works. Once the image is saved on Flikr copy the URL (web address) into your post on here by clicking the Insert Image icon above. Then add the URL of your photo and it should display in here.

album-72157651394636649Or click Insert Link above and put it in there like this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131416270@N05/19780730334/in/album-72157651394636649/

If that fails check your private messages for another solution.

Beautiful picture Ally
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • allydowd
    edited 16 August 2016 at 8:57PM
    Options
    Beautiful picture Ally

One of DW's. :D Part of a series.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure