PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Wednesday 12th September 2007

Options

Comments

• Crazychik
    Crazychik Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all

mrsmcawber - hope your mum's better soon! My mum is the opposote. She moans n groans about all her ache's & pains. But my nanna used to use the saying "im allright"

Pen-Pin - hope your tooth is ok soon! I think I'd rather give birth than suffer with toothache!

Place still hasn't got any tyres in. Got to try again on Friday! Grrr!

My mechanic never charged me for replacing the headlight or rear brake light bulb!

My son has been informed by his drama teacher that "hayley's" son from Corro Street, used to be a pupil at his school. He's not shutting up about it!

Anyway, best be off, got to fetch friend from work!
    Bye for now
    Love Emma xxx
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Nelski and donny.... re ommissions in posts and the thanks button. We're all guilty of missing people out or ommitting to mention something. It's swings and round abouts and it's happened to us all. I thank everyones first post on the Daily but only thank their subsequent posts if they refer to me or are particulary interesting or kind. That's just the way I do it. i expect thanks from no one. I already know I am an angel. ;):D

x

thanks for your comments haribo but I think you missed what i was saying - I personally do not thank every post as that is quite a recent thing to do and therefore I stick with thanking posts I find useful but everyone to there own I guess. I have never said I expect thanks from anyone. I was joking in passing about how some people do use the thanks button differently on this thread and if they fall out with you they thank everyone but you :rotfl: anyway as ever the meaning of the communication is the response you get so I apologise if you thought i was asking for your thanks
  • Hardup_Hester
    Options
    Evening all
    Happy birthday disbif & Mrs Mix
    Hugs & good luck to PP

My DD had her appendix out when she was 13, as the anesthetist slid the needle in to her hand, she looked at me & said
    'Mum, if I die during the operation, you will remember that I love you'. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. She is now 26!

Now an apology, it's no good anyone expecting me to thank them for any messages, my thanks button rarely works & as for remembering B'day & anniversaries, well considering my advanced age & the fact that I'm blonde I can't even remember my own. On the up side, if anyone needs help in or around Reading give me a shout & I'll be there, or PM me & I'll do whatever I can.
    Hope every one has a good evening.
    Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MrsMCawber...sorry to hear that your Mum has hurt herself...she'll be fine once she has had a rest

On OLD PEOPLE...can I just say that I have been looking after myself (and OH, aged parents and seven children) for so long that I highly resent the fact that since I turned 60 in 2005 my now grown-up children seem to think that I need minding....five minutes ago I was wiping their backsides! I have accepted that I have got slower over the last few years...was never a flier anyway, but can still do what I need to do BUT AT MY OWN PACE....most things are not on a timer anyway so why the hurry.

PenPin...I'm glad that your dental appointment has been moved up...you'll be grand once its all over and you have made a full recovery.

Off on my walker now to watch Emmerdale...if they turn up the volume so that I can hear it

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • plumduff55
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.......I am having my teeth done this friday:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ....my consultant at Kings was not impressed and I think someone has had a good talking too:o I am really gutted as its my Birthday meal on Friday evening and wont be fit enough to go as I dont know if I can eat after and am being sedated.

Has anyone been sedated before? I will have a needle on back of hand apparently:confused:

I am sooooooooooooo nervous!!

PP
    xx
    Hi PP
    I've had this sedation as well as I am absolutely petrified of the dentist.

It's great - once you get the injection you don't care what happens !!!
    Afterwards I had slight glimpses of things happening, was taken home and slept for 4 hours. Best money I ever spent at the dentist.

Don't worry, you'l be fine.
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • HariboJunkie
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »
    thanks for your comments haribo but I think you missed what i was saying - I personally do not thank every post as that is quite a recent thing to do and therefore I stick with thanking posts I find useful but everyone to there own I guess. I have never said I expect thanks from anyone. I was joking in passing about how some people do use the thanks button differently on this thread and if they fall out with you they thank everyone but you :rotfl: anyway as ever the meaning of the communication is the response you get so I apologise if you thought i was asking for your thanks

Oh heck no...I didn't mean that at all... I'll shut up now.:o
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Oh heck no...I didn't mean that at all... I'll shut up now.:o

yeah shurrrup and pass the fizzy cola bottles would ya:D

Glass of wine? I only have white sorry but it will go nicely with the fried eggs:j
  • grannybroon
    Options
    Hey Guyesses (or Guys!)

Chill - I think still a bit sensitive.

Happy birthday to our two being mentioned today - love and hugs from me. Also congratulations to anyone having a significant celebration.

Mrs MacC - sorry about your Mum. Hope things OK. Believe me I know how independent with an 82 year old Mum and a soon to be 88 year old MIL can be! They act like teenagers bless them. I couldn't post the really smutty joke MIL told DH the other week!!!!!!!!!

PennyPin - go with the teeth. I have a tooth phobia as you all probably know. I had sedation with another dentist years ago and it was fab - I won't tell you the hallucinations I was having. Suffice to say X rated - but they hit the spot!

Good to see how everyone else is doing.

Mum is back at Perth RI and doing fine but I was supposed to be collecting her tomorrow. Nurse has just told me not to make the journey as no discharge date decided! My sister was told earlier this afternoon that doctor just needed to sign off her Warfarin script. I have set up 2 family care days for leave but will probably go to work tomorrow. No point using days if not required. Trouble is I am quite caught up with stuff at the weekend.

Again, can I thank you for your concern - much appreciated.

Oh dear - just heard DGS1 in doghouse. Favourite toy confiscated! He totally embarrassed DSIL at doctor this afternoon with behaviour off the wall!
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Options
    Hi all back again

am very tired after today, had a really bad headache on the way back, still hurts a bit!

hugs to all that need, have just skimmed the thread tonight

grannybroon - great that your mum is doing fine, hugs

tomorrow i am going to do some baking, hobnobs, bread, rolls and a nice pudding:D have loads of rasps in freezer to use up;)

and i still have to finish off my cj i am doing over on ukscrappers, got to be posted out next week, must get cracking!!!

susie
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    THANK YOU :D

Panic over.... i think :o

Quick update..... just heard from my brother that mum is on her way home in a taxi -not sure if thats :eek: or :j ..... So things can't be too bad - although i gather bro is in the dog house for telling us all:rotfl: -so she must be ok:j .....thanks for all the well wishes :D , will find out when i ring her tommorrow exactly what has happened..and update you kind folk!

Meanmarie.... you sound like my mum...i know mum is more than capable of getting done what she wants too - as you say "in her own time" but she will insist on doing things that she really shouldn't be doing.....because she doesn't like to ask.... thats the only bad thing about being out here.... because when im home - she will tell me if she can't manage something, or if she needs a hand... but for some reason she won't ask my brothers n sisters to help :confused: ....she admits that in her head she can do anything, but then her body decides not!!

Grannybroon.. glad your mum is ok.... hope they discharge her soon.

Once again - thankyou for all your support... will see what i have missed on here now:D
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport