PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Wednesday 12th September 2007

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for 12th September 2007. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Good morning everyone,

Well yesterday was a rotten day for most of us! I do hope that Frogga, Odds n Sods, catznine, catowen and any others who are unhappy will continute to post......I'd personally miss all of you if you didn't. I love reading about your lives.

The reason why I am up so early is that the little one appeared in our room at about 2.00am announcing that he was scared. :confused: I was too sleepy to ask what he was scared of, so just brought him into our bed.....He tossed and turned and kicked and fidgeted for three hours before I gave in and got up.

Plans for today are to keep myself awake to get them all out to school....then if I still feel really tired I may go back to bed for an hour. I have pork chops out of the freezer for tea that I'm going to coat with a cheese, mustard and cream concoction, and this afternoon I'm hoping to bake some of Penelope Penguin's biscuits as they have come highly recommended.

Take care all and I hope we have a better day today,

Pink

Edit: Happy Birthday mrs mix, I hope it's a good one! :bdaycake:

Comments

• AMIE399
    AMIE399 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning Pink-winged and all to follow

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS MIX

IM OFF TO cHICHESTER (AGAIN!!) SHOPPING, NEED TO GO TO LAKELAND FOR STORAGE JARS.. KILNER ONES, GOING TO TAKE MY LUNCH WITH ME AND EAT IT IN THE CATHEDREL GARDENS.

PICKED SOME BLACKBERRIES YESTERDAY BUT THEY ARE VERY SMALL !!! ALSO I FOUND MYSELF NEXT TO A FIELD OF SWEETCORN AND OH WELL ...A FEW FELL INTO MY BAG !! AM I BAD?

MW ON, GOT TO EMPTY DW AND REFIL IT FROM LAST NIGHT

95% FREE MEXICAN SAUSAGES .HM WEDGES, HM COLESLAW, GRILLED TOMS AND MUSHROOMS FOR TEA AND SUGARFREE JELLY.
    HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE

PLEASE CAN EVERYONE WHO IS UPSET STAY COS I LOVE READING EVERYONES POSTS WHATEVER THEY ARE ABOUT
    LORAINE X
    slimmimg world weight loss 6lbs
    started 27/1/10
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone
    thankyou for the Birthday wishes
    Grannybroon (((((((hugs))))) glad your mum's op went o.k
    Catowen ,Frogga ,Catznine ,and Odds please don't stop posting I will miss you todays another day to have a fresh start
    JackieO ((((((((hugs))))))) hope you feel better today
    If I've missed anyone else I'm sorry but I'm another year older now and the brain goes a bit but (((((((((hugs)))))))) if you want
    Well so far I've been thoughly spoilt had some presents last night as mornings are manic here I got 2 books , a cd set of 5 cd's ,and big gift voucher for a posh garden centre and a plant has just been left on my doorstep by my sister in law
    today dh is taking me to Brighton to do a bit of shopping and lunch
    So not much in the way of jobs will be done here today but having said that ds1 did loads yesterday so not much needs doing
    have a good day
    :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: to all
    pam xx
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    Morning. I seem to have missed something? What's all the fuss about?

Anyway All is well in Cornwall. Sun is out and things are ticking along nicely. It's a week of courts for me this week. Coroners inquests. Today starts the big inquest of a tragic case of a couple in their 70's. He killed the wife and then killed himself. There will be no trial obviously but an inquest...

Not much else going on. Kids are back to school. I am back to making packed lunches.
    Hope everyone get's themselves sorted:beer:

Happy birthday Mrs Mix
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • stefejb
    stefejb Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning and a happy birthday to Mrs Mix - hope you continue to get thoroughly spoiled today.
    Didn't sleep well - got a phone call from exoh and middle dd at about 12.30 in the am asking for directions back from waterloo to home on nightbuses - must have mistaken me for London Transport - took ages to get back to sleep. I had gone to bed early so as to avoid hyper, happy drunk people - ah well
    am in w*rk for the morning before heading out to central london for a lecture on climate change and then back to w*rk - am trying to figure out if I will miss the rush hour and therefore be able to take the bike on the train as the venue looks easy to ride/walk to but not so easy by public transport. Blimey look at the time - must get dd up for breakfast club - have a good day
    I'm going to feed our children non-organic food and with the money saved take them to the zoo - half man half biscuit 2008
  • Essex-girl_2
    Options
    Good Morning All

Mrs Mix - Happy Birthday have a brilliant day.

N9eav - you will need to look at yesterdays thread - hope the inquest is short for you

Same old here today - school run, paperwork and ironing. Starting to feel am getting somewhere but it is a long process.

Sausages for tea which I got from the farmers market last week - they are lovely, will serve them with mash, veg and gravy - baked beans for ds. No footie tonight so kids can chill. Must admit ive found it hard to get back in the swing of things and was so tired went to bed last night at 8pm!

At least the weather is lovely, need to sort out DS's birthday party which is at the end of the month, he's just having a few friends round and will get a bouncy castle.

Best get off and wake up DD.

Have a good one.x
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All

Happy Birthday Mrs Mix!

What did I miss yesterday? Has there been a row? I'll have to go back to yesterday's thread to see what happened, but I hope we're not going to lose people because of any disagreement

My throat's starting to get very sore today. Some bug has definitely moved in there and is trying to take a hold - not going to happen.

Going to the theatre this evening with Mum to see Cats:T (free tickets)

Hope everyone's ok
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Options
    Hiya

been up since 4,came down to make bread for packed lunches today, i am so organised, not!:rotfl:

school trip today for the boys and i have to trail with them, hmm:rolleyes:

dh has lo for the whole day, wonder how he will get on then

happy birthday mrs mix:j

hugs to pink

susie
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone.... morning frogga :wave:
    Happy birthday to mrs mix :bdaycake: ... hope you continue having a lovely day..

Amiee - i have heard about that special variety of sweetcorn - the ones that like to hide in bags :rotfl: ... you just can't do anything about it can you?;)

Well i think its gonna be a quiet one for me today.....the pie i made yesterday was stunning -if i say so myself -:p .. the other one made it to the freezer :j ... hubby was going to have it for his supper, but managed not to:D ...
    Today im planning on doing chicken n ham pasta bake - which will be another "make it up as i go along" - they seem to ome out so much nicer than following a recipe:confused:

I think i will get a load of teatowels in to wash and have a whizz around with the vaccum - and that should be it for today:D

Well i hope everyone has a great day, not forgetting those that post after me....and the many who have posted whilst i have been typing (slowly:rolleyes: )

Hugs to all those in need
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS MIX Have a wonderful day!!!

Hoping to see everyone posting today, i love everyones posts and hope you all continue to share your daily ups and downs(((()))

My plan for today, wash, iron, clean the flipping windows (iv ment to have done this every day this week but havent got round to it!!)
    Blizt the house, and need to make some cakes and biscuits for the lunch boxes.
    Must go and pay for new carpet thats being fitted on Friday (iv been putting off paying it as it will wipe the bank account out, but hopefully it will make the house warmer and cut the heating bill down??? Thats the plan anyway.)

Have a wonderfull day everyone
    Hugs to all ((()))
    Donna
    xxx
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Hope we're all going to be friends today, there's enough bad going on in the world without us OSers falling out with each other :rolleyes:

Work today, I like it, so don't use an asertisk. Made cheese and onion bread yesterday, so will take that fopr sandwiches for lunch. I can always get chips if it's horrible :D

Sausage casserole for dinner, so will chuck the sausages in the sc with everything else, and might do jacket pots to go with it.

Off to walk the dog, so everyone play nicely while I'm away :rotfl:
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family