PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Wednesday 12th September 2007

Options

Comments

• anniebooklover
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Happy Birthday to mrs mix and disdisbiff. Hope you each have a lovely day.
    To all who are considering leaving OS - please don't. You will all be missed.

I don't know what I will be facing when I go into the office today as I didn't get in at all yesterday. My car was being MOTd so I dropped it off at 7.30am and didn't get it back until 5.00 pm. It needed a ball joint (?) replacing and one of the brakes wasn't working properly. The bill was a staggering £238.25! :eek: At least I have it back now though.

So, w**k today and then home to help DD decorate her RE and French books for school. It's sweet to see her making such an effort - wonder how long it will last?

No idea what's for dinner yet. Lunch is tomato soup and breakfast is toast and tea.

My tomato plants are looking very thirsty so I'll try and water them before I leave for the office.

Have a wonderful Wednesday. xx
    "Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    - Proverb
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning Eveyone

Birthday wishes Mrs_Mix & Biff

(((Hugs))) Jackie0 (Your grandson sound fine and if the names make you smile then great), Pen-Pin, + anyone else who'd like one:grouphug: .

Podiatory (foot) clinic for me this morning followed by HRT clinic this p.m.

Unfortunately looks like a funeral for me on Thursday morning a guy who used to report to me, around 40ish who turned alcoholic, ended up with all sorts of medical problems but still drank, fell and banged his head and didn't come round. His marriage had broke up with it but has two daughters. Not a nice tale.

Still trying to catch up on the washing, and must get to some cleaning today (if I get out of these places sharpish).

Take care
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello everybody,

Just got home. It's been a long but lovely day. Met up with DSis and talked our heads off and then I went and got a few bits and pieces. Iv'e put them away and whacked the lasagne in the oven to warm up. Nobody else is home yet so just chilling out until then. I can see DH walking now from the window. :D I best go and get him his slippers, pipe, newspaper & cold drink. :rotfl:

Happy Birthday to Mrs Mix & Diddisbiff :beer: (where did you get that name from)

Catowen I hope your results were good yesterday.
    Patentgirl (((hugs)))) to DH. Hope he finds work soon.
    Kyle Enjoy the school trip. You might learn something. :D
    Twink Sounds like you forgot the coconut. :p

Well hope you all have a great day. Byeeeeeeeeeeee
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• Gingham_Ribbon
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Need to clean fridge, oven, bathroom and floors today. The baby has been sleeping for a couple of hours while the toddler is at preschool so his timing couldn't be better. Going to try to put the time to good use rather than play in DT or sit reading cookery books!

Been looking for a new house and getting excited about moving. We're looking for a garden so I can grow more veggies as well as have plenty of room for the boys to play. It'll take a while though.

H/M cereal, dates and cranberries for breakfast.
    Cheese and spring onion sandwiches with cucumber for lunch.
    H/M broccoli quiche and couscous salad for dinner.

I have a SPECTACULARLY bad memory at the moment and my calander is not helping as I forget to look at it. I missed a hospital appointment the other day and only noticed last night. I just don't know what to do about sorting out remembering to look at the calander. It's RIGHT next to the dining room door. I can't make it more obvious than that.
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • Crazychik
    Crazychik Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning ALL

Happy Birthday to Mrs Mix & Biff, both have a lovely day!

WM, all ready on, and the load I did last night, is out on the line. Such a glorious day here again.

Will have to use the mince u later for dinner. Before it goes off.
    Car goes in the garage this morning for various jobs to be done ready for the MOT, and after work, must try and get the tyres. Im going for part worn. Cheaper. The ones Ive had on have lasted about 18-20 months.

Solicitor's went well, She can see my reasons for protecting the kids and will be writing a letter to ex-oh asking him to respect my wishes. Its long winded, but feeling happier now.

Boys enjoyed their football last night, and England under 19's won 4-0. I too enjoyed the company of Dlb, and the bottle of wine! My head's feeling it this morning!

Right best be off

Have a lovely day all
    Love Emma xxx
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • HariboJunkie
    Options
    Morning all! :hello:

Happy Birthday Mrs Mix and Disdisbiff!!! Hope it's a good one
    Pink...I hope you got a lie in.
    Pen Pen...Sorry to hear DD is still sick.
    Crazychik...Hope the solicitor's visit went ok yesterday
    Catowen...Hope you got on ok yesterday too.
    JackieO...Have fun with your cheeky Grandson
    Gingham...I use my mobile phone to remind me of important things. I sound very popular cos it rings all the time but little do people know I'm being reminded to switch the slow cooker on. :o
    Enjoy the school trip Kyle.

Well I still feel like rubbish..bunged up, sore chest and aching back and joints. Horrible. :rolleyes: But life goes on I'm afarid so I need to get started.
    Have a little paperwork to do for OH but will work from home today..need to pop the beef and wild mushrooms in the SC in a mo and will give the kitchen a quick tidy. Raining here so I have to hang the washing in the house which I hate. Then the ironing at least needs to be half tackled. :o

Hope everyone has a lovely day and that there are lots of posts from others when I come back later. You know who you are. ;)

Haribo x
  • ellie2912
    Options
    Morning all,
    Hope everyone’s feeling better after a good night’s sleep.
    Sending big HUGS to anyone wanting one.
    Happy birthday MRS MIX AND DISDISBIF:beer:
    PENNYPINCHER~ sorry to hear about the tooth. I had a wisdom tooth that got whipped out at the dentist. Best feeling ever when it eventually came out. Hope it gets sorted.
    DONNYGAL~ sorry to hear about the man you knew.
    Well the new bread maker that arrived doesn’t bl**dy work!
    Contacted the company- who are picking it up sometime today, and will then replace it with another in a few days. More waiting arghh!
    It was my nieces 1st birthday yesterday but my HB (horrible brother~ I refuse to call him dear) doesn’t speak to me or my Mum so we haven’t even met her! It really gets to me, not really for me as I live miles away from him, but I feel for Mum who lives just round the corner. She even saw him and his wife (she devil!) yesterday ~they just glared at her. :mad:
    I plan on doing shepherd’s pie x 2 .maybe make some of TWINKS hobnobs for OH. (I don’t like them....sorry twink ...I’ll get my coat :p )
    will call back after and check you are being good!
    toodle pip
    ellie
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I have a SPECTACULARLY bad memory at the moment and my calander is not helping as I forget to look at it. I missed a hospital appointment the other day and only noticed last night. I just don't know what to do about sorting out remembering to look at the calander. It's RIGHT next to the dining room door. I can't make it more obvious than that.

Morning :wave: :wave:

Gingham sounds daft but put it in the bathroom near where you clean your teeth - you wouldnt forget to do that and you can spend a couple of minutes reviewing what needs to be done.

Happy birthday Mrs Mix and disdisbif:bdaycake:

Be back later cos I think my customer on the phone can hear me typingicon11.gif

hugs to all hurting today please dont stop posting
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ellie

This is the third ex work colleague since finishing at the end of June, so hopefully that will be it for a while.

Take care
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • laurajayne
    Options
    Hugs to all those who need them...or any who want them :D

Well, at long last, my abcess is starting to drain - it's disgusting though lol. I have to say I'm ever so chuffed with my £1.99 Oxfam heat pack find - it's come in darn useful :D . I''ve been a bad OS'er the past couple of days, I did succumb and get a takeaway on Monday, and it was pizza and salad last night, I just couldn't face cooking - bending and standing makes me feel sick cos I'm unbalanced at the moment.

I did manage to pop to town and post my ebay package - diamond earrings which cost me £49.99 and sold for £112! I feel a little guilty, but it's not my fault that people assume ebay is cheap! (I was honest in the listings lol). Anyhoo it all goes towards my holiday in the lakes next week (and more importantly - the trip to Lakeland :j ).

So, as my mother is away, I'm just cooking for three, but I'm going to do extras for while I'm away - can't leave them stranded now can I lol. Got some chicken thighs and drumsticks - a big pack, so I'm going to do the drumsticks tonight with a marinade and wedges, and do the thighs in the slow cooker tomorrow with veggies. After finding my local greengrocer I have leeks, runner beans, sweet potatoes, and all the usuals - it's it bad that I'm excited lol.

My ex-OH (who is now one of my best friends) birthday is on the 30th Sept, and is moving into his new home in two weeks, so trying to work out a b'day/housewarming present. It may involve cookies :rotfl:

Well, I'd better carry on with my w**k...tisk, It does get in the way of my plans somewhat lol
    :cool: Proud DFW Nerd 135 :cool:
    Sealed Pot Challenge - 019
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family