PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Wednesday 12th September 2007

Options

Comments

• ellie2912
    Options
    DONNYGAL~ they say it comes in 3's heres hoping thats the end of it.
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Hope we are a happy camp today - my smilies aren't working :.(

Put a lamb stew on this morning in the SC, and forgot I'm going out tonight (duh!) - so we've got a HUGE stew that I'll have to freeze some portions of.

Need to pop out later (I'm at work) to get some suet to make dumplings.

I'm going out with 5 friends tonight for a curry - we've all got daughters the same age (8 nearly 9 - going on 14!!!!). So it should be a fun night out.

DD goes back to Brownies this evening, so whilst she's gone I'll quickly do the ironing that has grown massively since yesterday (confused).

Hope everyone has a great day

Happy Birthday Mrs Mix and disdisbiff

Gingham - I keep my calendar right by the sink, as I seem to spend my entire life there washing up lol!!
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All:hello: Happy Birthday Mrs Mix & disdisbiff :beer:

Lovely sunny mornin in the wilds of east london!:D although i got quite chilly last nite early evening!!

Kids off at school, Im not going to gym today (rest day) but will go thurs&fri. DH has shampooed the living room carpet whilst kids arent here:D Washing is out, and im having a cuppa and a read on here!

Got to go to library later as books are due back, and hoping to get DH car back from garage later.

DH is off tomorrow on his training course till sunday (lucky him has a break from us lot!!:rotfl: ) hopefully it wont be long before he's qualified and starting work.

Have a good day everyone xx
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Hi Again

Done a little tidying up but just feel so drained. Have made a couple of phone calls needing doing. I am currently reading some course books for my next course starting October and looks very interesting.

Clothes are on the line and OH is going to catch up with abit of ironing later as DD doesnt need picking up till 4.30. He is currently typing up his essay which was due last Tuesday:rolleyes:

My new young lady is coming to do my hair tomorrow after school and trim DD's hair too and she is charging £15. I normally pay about £35 for a W/C/B, so I am hoping that she is good and can continue as it will save me a fortune.

The sofas also need hoovering down as they are a bit bitty.

Going to do a Sausage Cassarole and Baked spuds for later.

Hugs to all.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • dannahaz
    dannahaz Posts: 1,068 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone

Another fabulous summer's day today, and DH is continuing with cementing the patio flags in place.

Had friends over for dinner yesterday, beef casserole and Delia's absolutely gorgeous Hot Lemon Curd souffles. I hadn't made the souffles before, but I will DEFINTELY be making them in the future. I also cooked 5 pounds of King Edwards and mashed them in three lots - one for dinner, and then froze two. They can be reheated from frozen - I cook them under the grill so the top goes all crispy like on Shepherds Pie. Yum!

Spent a couple of hours yesterday morning making Christmas cards, using fabric squares that I had cut up previously. I;m quite pleased with the results so far..but I can only do it for short lengths of time in one go.

Spent the rest of yesterday peeling, preparing, cooking etc, so didn't read the thread until now. I've now discovered a lot of people seem to have full PM boxes!

House is tidy, and all washing was done yesterday. Have been busy stocking up on wine: WaitroseDirect is having a New World discount month, so some of my favourites are reduced by 25%. They are also, unusually, allowing self selection mixed cases, which is brilliant. And I have a voucher for free named day delivery!

DH planning to pick loads of apples to make cider tomorrow, so I imagine I'll be up to my elbows cutting up apples tomorrow. Think I'll have a no-housework-today in preparation. Mind you, I have 6 Creole Christmas Cakes to make, so not quite sure how that's going to work...good job we have a large kitchen!

<N9eav> What a tragic story. I would find it hard to spend a week listening to these sort of things...I can imagine it must put things in perspective.
    Happy Birthday Mrs Mix
    PenPen
    could you post your recipe for Damson and Apple Crisp please? It sounds really interesting.
    Donny-gal Another sad tale, a sorry way to go!
    <PenPin> Sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time
    Crazychik Hope your solicitors letter does the trick.

I have some spare hugs if anyone else would like one.

Have a good day everyone
  • anniestar
    anniestar Posts: 2,600 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, hope everyone is having a decent day. Didn't get round to sorting the PM's yesterday stuff got in the way. :eek: Anyway, will do it today. Phoebe seems pretty good so hopefully she will sail through her op tomorrow. Very worried though. Hope everyone is less upset and that things can get back to our normal rubbing along as we do. This site is mega important to me, I don't have any friends nearby me and also the family I have live a way away.You have been both my family and my friends and have helped me so much. When I decided to finally get my hair cut(after over 2 years) one of the deciding factors was your support and making me reailise that I AM worth the effort. We all have our problems and things that seem impossable knowing that there are folks who care makes the burden so much lighter. How I wish I had had you when DH was in the HDU with Meningititus(SP) I still get lonely and do feel ugly and a bit worthless but with the help of the wonderful people on here am turning things arround. THATS why this site is magical. When i had my hair cut(its FAB and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!) I rember thinking I had to post and saying something like bet Nelski with be pleased!! So you do get love, advice help and support on here.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mrs Mix :bdaycake: enjoy your day.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Disdisbiff:bdaycake: have a good day.
    Patentgirl hugs to you and DH
    GrannyBroon hugs to you and your mum.
    HUGS as evet to all. Hope your results went well Catowen.Pen-Pin!! Hope they manage to get you a quicker appointment((((HUGS))))
    Am off now will post later. No idea whats for tea will use the Kenwood later i guess ANOTHER thing i didn't manage yesterday. Have a good day all. A XXXX
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

:A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    dannahaz wrote: »
    PenPen could you post your recipe for Damson and Apple Crisp please? It sounds really interesting.

Of course! It's a Nigel Slater recipe from the Guardian. I don't have the recipe, just do it by feel ;)

Lightly stew apples and damsons, then remove the damson stones. Arrange in a shallow dish. Mix breadcrumbs, demerara and cinnamon and cover the fruit. Melt some butter and drizzle over the top. Bake until cooked through. Serve with really cold cream or vanilla ice cream

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    hope all goes well with phoebe tomorrow anniestar
    crazychic glad you got a letter for exoh, hope it has the desired effect
    hugs to penny-pincher
    ellie you dont like hobnobs :eek: please dont let aussielass read that :D
    anniebooklover what a price for your car repair, mine is looking to be about £300 thats if i ever get it back

hugs to all that are feeling poorly xx
  • dannahaz
    dannahaz Posts: 1,068 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shez wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Mrs Mix & disdisbiff
    Got to go to library later as books are due back

Shez, thank goodness I read this. My library books are due back today, and I can't renew them online as I've done so twice already.

And Happy Birthdat Disdisbiff, sorry I missed you in my earlier post.
  • anniestar
    anniestar Posts: 2,600 Forumite
    Options
    Twink I need to confess-just didn't want to be the first one to do it thats all:rotfl: I also dont like HobNobs:confused:I have tried but...........:rotfl:
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

:A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport