PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Wednesday 12th September 2007

Options

Comments

• Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all

I did post this morning but the site seems to have eaten it!

Hugs to all in need - Happy birthday Mrs Mix and Biff - hope you've had a great day.

PP - Glad they managed to bring it forward - just think how much more you'll enjoy your rescheduled birthday meal when you can eat properly.

Catowen - how'd it go today?

Shez - How's the gym thing going? What sort of stuff are you doing?

Patentgirl - I heard about big job losses in your direction yesterday - is it the same place? Hope he gets something sorted soon.

Well today has been fun filled and action packed......or maybe not - got a really bad attack of sciatica and it's into the 3rd day and I'm not impressed. Sitting down hurts so today - and it's taken me all day nearly - I've cooked......2 large bacon quiches, 1 large chicken and veg pie, 13 individual chicken and veg pies (and all the accompanying pastry), 6 gooey blueberry muffins, 12 chocolate fairy cakes which I've decorated too and one large traybake/rice crispie/marshmellow/syrup slab thingy.

I've spent the last hour playing about on facebook - I swore I'd never even bother with it but I've had a couple of requests to join so I thought I'd go have a looksee - found some great old pics of class mates from school - quite adicitive!

Going to go find another ice pack for my back - been sitting for too long - hope you all have a great evening.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Peem
    Peem Posts: 645 Forumite
    Options
    MrsMcawber - your poor mum. and poor you

hugs
    "You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) Mrs Macawber and your mum
    pam xx
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou

For your kind thoughts.... sure i will calm down, once i hear from my brother when he gets back from hospital...
    Hubby just got in and says if i want to go home he will get compassionate leave.. will just wait n see first... don't want mum panicing if we go back

Thanks again folks
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • LOOYATES
    Options
    Hi everyone, i was talking to odds on another post and i noticed she was on a healthy eating thing she suggested i joined in, im a busy mum and foster mum, who in the past has lost a lot of weight but after having my son dan 18 months ago ive completely gone pete tong! im now 15st 4. but this morning i had porridge instead of a bacon butty, and im drinking peppermint tea instead of coffee......babysteps as they say, im looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing tips :j
    pats :T
  • HariboJunkie
    Options
    Just a quickie...

Shez.... My pm box is never full either. Maybe we should pm eachother till they are and someone will start a thread saying "empty yor pm box Haribo and Shez" and we'll feel dead popular. ;) I just think i'm very efficient at emptying mine. :p

Nelski and donny.... re ommissions in posts and the thanks button. We're all guilty of missing people out or ommitting to mention something. It's swings and round abouts and it's happened to us all. I thank everyones first post on the Daily but only thank their subsequent posts if they refer to me or are particulary interesting or kind. That's just the way I do it. i expect thanks from no one. I already know I am an angel. ;):D

i've still got the lurgy but on the bright side sitting at home has made me face the ironing mountain. Reached base camp 2 hours ago and the summit is in sight. :cool:

Sorry about the sciatica Pooky and I hope your mum is better soon Mrs Mcawber.

See you all later.

x
  • ellie2912
    Options
    TWINK~ have you been paying people commission to say how good the hobnobs are!;) :D
    MRS MCAWBER~ i think stubbornness comes with age.My Mum is exactly the same. She had to have her gall bladder removed a few years ago. She was refusing to go to the hospital till i had to call her an ambulance, she sent me to work, and didn’t ring me to tell me she was going to theatre as an emergency.(she didn’t want to worry me!) I found out when i left work and returned ,and she had already gone for her op!:eek:
    POOKY~ if the sciatica doesn’t improve i would think about going to your gp. Ive been suffering for 9 months now. You may have to wait for treatment (like i did:mad: ) so it may be good idea if you get things in motion. Hope it gets better,it really is a horrid pain. My legs now gone dead (another side effect) so i think i have nerve damage.
    HARIBOJUNKIE~hope that lurgy aint catching!!! well done for conquering the ironing, wanna do mine when your done!:p

Hope all the people who are thinking of posting ~do! (You know who you are!)

off to make a cuppa.OH will be due in soon,then we will have tea.

BE GOOD!
    ellie
  • anniestar
    anniestar Posts: 2,600 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all, well very little "proper" work done today:o BUT..... cuddled Phoebe a lot, made a banana bread(the bananas walked to the mixing bowl themselves!!)and have been looking stuff up on the net for most of the afternoon:o :o .Good luck for friday Pen-Pin!! ((((((HUGS)))) MRSMCAWBER. Am thinking of you. Harribo/Shez well I have to confess that my PM box is full and I cant get into it:eek: :eek: Well to be honest I haven't attempted to do it today.But was told what to do so tonights hte night.Its just that I think Aw thats nice and keep them, then they go odd on me again & I hten can't access anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am getting stressed about tomorrow wish it was over. Anyway I guess I had better think about tea(??????? Ideas on a post card to.........:rotfl: ) Have a great evening. Will report later. A XXXXX
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

:A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    big hugs to you and your Mum mrsmacawber
    ellie, how did you guess that i was bribing everyone :D
    penny-pincher glad you will get your teeth sorted at least you dont have much time to worry about it
  • this_is_it
    this_is_it Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mrs mcawber sorry to hear about your mum .
    Penny pincher hope everything goes ok for you on friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure