PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Old Style Wednesday 12th September 2007

Options

Comments

• ellie2912
    Options
    twink wrote: »
    ellie you dont like hobnobs :eek: please dont let aussielass read that :D

please dont shout AUSIELASS :p
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    anniestar wrote: »
    I rember thinking I had to post and saying something like bet Nelski with be pleased!! So you do get love, advice help and support on here.XXXX

:o:o:o I was and I still am - loving your work anniestar:D

Shez - nobody from here ever pms me either but I have heard they pm about me:rotfl: :rotfl: that'll do for me:D

Glad we have some semblance of normality again but really hope the others can come back soon. I think its Queenie that often points out that this is a large community now and every now and then there are bound to be spats and toys- a -flying (sorry Q thats a major re phrasing gone on there:o but I think you all know what I mean) - occasionally we will disagree, occasionally we need to have a rethink on the ground rules but always this thread should be what it is - supportive caring and fun. I think most of us can also consider a bit more how we say what we say as well to take into consideration that a lot of meaning is lost in the written word. I have personally been bad at this a few times and have been pulled up and now suffer massively by some people missing me out of their thanks :rolleyes: :rotfl: but I wont stop posting unless Martin insists I do by banning me as our community is enriched by our differences not by us all being the same.

Frogga, odds and sods, catowen, catzine (and tootles from the last spat) please keep posting.

Anyway had a busy work day with coaching and a sales call in Leeds which will be fantastic if I pull it off so fingers crossed all

Last couple of days I have been decorating my bedroom with my dad which was fun and challenging (his 76 year old eyes are not the best for cutting in now:D ) anyway its all done now and this is the colour scheme and bedding which looks amazing - bedroom. Tonight I need to put it all back together and sort a couple of cupboards out and its done

Gonna do a carbonnara tonight with the rest of the stuff I had over from the meal on Sunday so yummy carbo high for me:D

Have a great rest of your day all and hugs all round
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am really gutted as its my Birthday meal on Friday evening and wont be fit enough to go as I dont know if I can eat after and am being sedated.

Make you mind up Pen-Pin, you said earlier you couldn't eat with your teeth as they were:rotfl: :rotfl:

Go and get it done at least you can eat then.;)

Take care
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • Long time no post! I was moved to post in defence of Hob Nobs-LOVE 'em!!!! My darling wife was a big fan before we met and has converted me to the Hob Nob way of life. I am sure that some of you remember me(please say that you do) and that I am a keen (and thankfuly improving)cook. This has extended to baking and I have made a couple of batches of Twink's excellent discs of heaven. Im fact when we went to my parents we took a box full of tasty treats. Felt rather good(am being told to explain that my beloved shared the baking!)-sorry dear! Life wise things have been moving on, DW(wife NOT dishwasher-although often the same thing!)is feeling much better although her hip will always be bad(Horses! well she should have stayed in the saddle)I am going to take a loan out to sort the house out then we are going to move. Exciting times. Have a nice day.
  • Essex-girl_2
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.......I am having my teeth done this friday:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ....my consultant at Kings was not impressed and I think someone has had a good talking too:o I am really gutted as its my Birthday meal on Friday evening and wont be fit enough to go as I dont know if I can eat after and am being sedated.

Has anyone been sedated before? I will have a needle on back of hand apparently:confused:

I am sooooooooooooo nervous!!

PP
    xx

PP ive been sedated a couple of times for dental work before and its brilliant. Apparantly you are awake the whole time but I never remember anything. Last thing I remember is the needle going in then it seems time to come out. OH then has to look after me for the rest of the day but I just generally come home and sleep. (The only thing that hurts is the price -we have to pay £100 for the privilege - worth every penny though)
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    Options
    Re some of the comments yesterday, a few months ago I mentioned someones Wedding Anniversary they mentioned in their daily mail but for some reason no-one else picked up on, I got this PM, which I have kept anonymous.

"Hi I just wanted to thank you so much for your kind wishes yesterday. You were the only one who remembered and it really meant a lot. I know I am pathetic but was quite hurt.(am not normally THAT sad-honest!!! but have raging PMT ....... well I don't need to say more do I? So again, thank you SO much it meant the world to me."

Sometimes it is not what is said which hurts, but omission can too, even if unintentional which I am sure it was. As others have said some on here have no local friends/relatives, and others have made local friends from being on here, this thread is important to many people and I hope that it continues with all joining in. Luckily this person has kept posting, and she will know who she is.

Take care
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    donny-gal wrote: »
    Make you mind up Pen-Pin, you said earlier you couldn't eat with your teeth as they were:rotfl: :rotfl:

Go and get it done at least you can eat then.;)

Take care
    DG

HaHa...I meant more for the company. I can eat but not alot as its making me feel sick all the time with the taste of the gunk coming out.....I know what I mean:D

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all
    thankyou for the birthday wishes and cakes:D
    had a good day been spoilt and it was nice for dh and I to be on our own
    Pen Pin sorry you've got to have your teeth done friday can you postpone your meal to another time:confused:
    just having a cuppa and then I need to do some jobs I feel as if I've been skiving all day( well I have ) but I feel the need to put that right
    see you later
    pam xx
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Hello again

Just thought id pop back and distract myself.....

Just had a call from my brother, my mum (67)had a fall about 10 days ago - not great on great health or good on her feet at the best of times, she has Arthritis - rheumatoid and osteo...a crumbling spine etc - but insists on "doing" declaring "im allright" (do all you mums do that?), any way she stumbled in the garden, really hurt her leg...whilst insisting - you guessed it "im allright, it'll be fine"

She had a couple of days resting up - then walked into town shopping on Monday :mad: -as she had refused to go to casualty - even though i threatened her! but when she rang at 8am this morning (we talk every day :D )...she was admitting defeat and was off to casualty - 10 days after the event :mad: ... as from her knee down was bright yellow - it never actually bruised as normal...was swollen and she had no ankle visible----

Brother had a call at work as they were keeping her in.....:eek: as she has torn her calf muscle, and got deep vein thrombosis:eek: .... and she still reckons she is going home tonight....obviously brother has told her she is staying bl**dy put... he is still at home thank god....

But i just feel soooo useless stuck out here.....just needed to get that off my chest as hubby isn't home from work yet.... thanks for listening...:o
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • dannahaz
    dannahaz Posts: 1,068 Forumite
    Options
    <<MrsMcawber>> How wonderful that you speak to your mum every day! She's very lucky. She'll know you're thinking of her. xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport