PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Wednesday 12th September 2007

Options

Comments

• Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Good morning Old Stylers! I have a busy day today. I swapped my w*** days, so didn't get my usual Monday chores done, so the house needs a tidy, and a quick dust and hoover.

I have a damson tree heaving with fruit, so I'm off to make some chutney and jam, and I have a lovely recipe for damson and apple crisp, which I'll make for tea.

I need to do a freezer inventory, then make a meal plan around what I have, and arrange a Tesco delivery for what I need.

DD came home poorly from school, then was sick several times last evening. She's not eaten anything for 24 hours, so I need to see if I can get something down her before school.

Off for a run, then I'm going to bake some bread and cakes.

Have a great day, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Ladygrim
    Options
    Good morning everybody
    Happy birthday Mrs Mix!! 21 plus vat again?
    not much planned today apart from going to work 9-330. Might have a wander around Truro, see if anything takes my fancy.
    Should really do some (more) housework, but somehow it always get moved down the 'to do' list.
    Thanks for the link about spam emails yesterday - its a great help.
    Well, suppose Id better finish my mug of tea and decide what to wear today. Have a wonderful day everyone. May the sun shine for you all.
    LG

Ooohhh! (Un)lucky 13, but I did make it to the first page!!

Happy birthday to you too disdisbiff - and to all who are celebrating today as well.
    working hard at this thing called life
  • Disdisbiff
    Options
    Morning Everyone

Well i am another year older today too ....HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS MIX

My plans for today include some housework and ironing (oh joy...lol)
    My kids have asked me to bake a cake so that they can decorate it for my birthday ( kids hate shop bought cakes)
    Dont know what we are having for tea kids want a birthday tea but the birthday person gets to choose what he/she wantss (cant decide)
    Hope eveyone has a good day and hugs to those who need or want one

TTFN

Biff
    Debt free since September 2018 :j:j:j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning everyone ,the sun is shining and the sky is blue and at the moment all's well in my world. I have to pick up my eldest Grandson from the studios this morning, he is in the Basil Brush show as an extra.It supplements his college work.He has also got himself a job 4 evenings a week on a production line ,very boring, but he is a grafter and wants to stash a grand in his bank account by Christmas.A mini Richard Branson in the making that lad .He also delivers leaflets once a month for about £22.He is a real grafter.
    On the way home I am going to treat him to a gut-buster breaky in the local greasy spoon, as its his favourite.Cheeky scamp will insist on calling me 'Granny one boob' or 'lop-sided Lizzie' I think its his way of coping with things as his other Granny is in remission from breast cancer that she had three years ago.
    I have enough chicken left over from yesterdays lunch, to make some curries, and portion them up for the freezer this afternoon.Then I am going to sit down and finish of my Sally Morgan book My Place in my nice new conservatory .My friend brought me down some home made fruit cake so a chunk of that with a cuppa or two will make my afternoon very pleasant .
    <<<hugs>>>... to those in need .Good luck to Grannybroons Mum and Happy Birthday to Mrs Mix and Disbif, have a lovely birthday
    Have a lovely day everybody look up at the beautiful sunshine and feel glad that its not wet,windy or cold , although it maybe in some parts of the country ,if it is then oops
    TTFN
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ladygrim wrote: »
    Good morning everybody
    Happy birthday Mrs Mix!! 21 plus vat again?

LG
    yes except they are charging me double:rotfl: :rotfl:
    :bdaycake: happy birthday Biff have a good one
    pam xx
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    Just read the rest of yesterday's thread - oh dear! Hope no one goes over that

Forgot to mention, I got the book Food for Free the other day on my trip to a farm shop. Facinating read - did you know acorns are edible?? I only thought they were collected for pigs! Apparently if they're choppped and roasted they can be used instead of almonds, but are very bitter!

I'm going to try rabbit this week - got one from the farm shop for £3.50. Not having bought a rabbit before I don't know if this is cheap or dear, but I really want to try it

Happy Birthday disdisbiff!
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    morning all

afraid its raining here Jackie but at least the cold wind has gone, still no car, goodness knows where the parts are coming from but they are still waiting for one bit

i made hobnobs yesterday and used butter, not sure that i liked the taste, may go back to stork marg or it might be that i used smartprice butter

patentgirl sorry to hear your dh is being made redundant
    haribo hope you are feeling better
    grannybroon hugs to your Mum

big hugs to everyone else xx

Happy Birthday mrsmix and biff hope you both have a lovely day
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    :beer: Happy Birthday Mrs Mix:beer:

Morning Guys!

I have just been reading yesterday thread as I wasnt around and at the hospital. Oh Dear! I dont think anyone wanted people to stop posting-I thought that as so many people had joined, it could be in a more "spotlighted" place where just fellow dieters could go directly too:confused: TBH, I go on about non OS things and just waffle sometimes.

WM is on, DW has been emptied, beds made, kitchen tidy and toilet scrubbed. The cake OH made yesterday is delish, but then he did put a whole packet of butter in it, but it tasted devine.

Things at the hospital didnt go well at all yesterday. One wisdom tooth has turned into 4 teeth and something else. Normally they would a knock a patient out for this work, but Im too high risk, so will be awake:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: They cant do this till the 13th December (DD's birthday) and thats as a priority patient!! I explained that I am loosing too much weight because I cant eat etc but he didnt seem to fazed. I text my main consultant at Kings who phoned me last night and he's going to see if he can get me done at Kings rather than our local hospital as I cant wait that long. Bloody tooth!!

My friend was back from the states yesterday and he popped in with goodies including my favourite Twinkies:D

Anyway, Im off to have a shower and wash my hair as it feels yucky today.

Please dont stop posting anyone.

Hugs

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS MIX & BIFF:bdaycake:
    G Broon Hope your mum is ok and is home soon and DGS3 is feeling better
    Crazy Chick hope all went well at the soliciters yesterday
    Jackie O will be joining you soon in new conservetory
    Pen Pen hope daughter feels better
    Kyle hope you enjoy the school trip and try to have half an hour for yourself to chill out hope all the DS,s are ok
    Pen Pin sorry to hea about the teeth hugs to you and hope your consultant can help

well weather a bit on the chilly side here in Essex hopefully it will brighten up for my day off need to take DH car back to the garage as it failed its MOT needed a new tyre which i have done and also something to do with the brakes they tried to sort it for me yesterday but it wasnt what they thought so back today to see if it can be done need to get a bus home dog has his jabs today yearly booster and i need to finish emptying the pool as a freecycler is coming to collect on Sat
    I need to call the school as i have the hump with them as you may remember last year we took the kids out of school in Jan well this year we decided that we would go away Easter hols 08 so as not to rock the boat as DD1 is starting her GCSE well she brought home a timetable and the week before we go away she has to hand a draft of a project ona book they are reading teacher will give it back on the Fri for them to do over the 2 week hol :mad: when we are away so now i am cross i have pent extra money on hol going away in the school break and poor DD1 will have to have hers back early and not have so long to do it as we are going sun -sun 2 weeks she wont be able to do it before or after we go and the distance we are going just makes it prohibitive so i am an unhappy bunny
    well on a cheerful note I must be doing ok at my new job as they have asked me to come in for an extra day as someone is off sick but have had to say no as i have the above to deal with
    hope to see all posters today hugs to those that need them
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    scuzz wrote: »

I'm going to try rabbit this week - got one from the farm shop for £3.50. Not having bought a rabbit before I don't know if this is [strike]cheap [/strike]SHEEP or [strike]dear[/strike] DEER, but I really want to try it

Happy Birthday disdisbiff!

Its a RABBIT:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts