PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OS Daily Tuesday 11th September

Options

Comments

• dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone.
    I remember the last time we had a problem on the os board, and i almost stopped posting, but im so glad i didnt.
    I do agree we are going off topic slightly, not that it bothers me it just means the thread takes alot longer to read sometimes.
    I do agree with PP that a seperate thread would be a good idea , but i have no problems what ever happens.
    Right must dash as only just finished having hair done and have loads of washing to do, catch you all later.
    Catowen i would miss you greatly if you stopped posting, please dont ((((()))))
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • Ladygrim
    Options
    WOW
    Have got through loads of emails - my inbox looks a lot tidier now. Any ideas how to stop spam emails?
    Anyway, flat still needs DGC (damn good clean) - but sun is still shining!!
    Wanna go play on the beach!!
    p.s. - granddaughter number 5 due in 2 weeks time - plenty of excuses to go walk on the beach then!!
    LG
    working hard at this thing called life
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ladygrim wrote: »
    WOW
    Have got through loads of eamail - my inbox looks a lot tidier now. Any ideas how to stop spam emails?

The techy board will be able to help you with that - and being money savers they can often point you to free solutions :)

Techie Stuff
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone

I'm at work, currently stuffing invoices in envelopes (yawn). Only a couple of hours left though and it's home time :j

Dinner tonight will be sausage and pasta bake, and I need to prepare all the veg etc so I can bung a lamb stew in the SC for tomorrow morning.

I've got a small pile of ironing to do when I get in, also I MUST clean my bathroom - it's grotty :o

Hope everyone has a great day
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Options
    FBThree wrote: »
    I just seriously hope that the anti-feelings towards Frogga's challenge have not sent her back to the Binge routine that she has successfully avoided for a while now. .
    I think any dieter (me included) would agree that it is our own individual responsibility to eat appropriately and take exercise. Voicing an opinion that there are too many diet based posts in the daily is not a reason to blame someone for what someone else does with their own life. None of the posts here have been anti Frogga. It's just that now and again the Daily seems to need a bit of an overhaul to get it back on track. It's not a weightloss thread.

Speaking as someone trying to lose 4 stone of bulk, most of which I gained during my last pregnancy, I can highly recommend the thread in the arms that Squeaky pointed to. You will be made very welcome by all, especially the thread host, Murphy. There are enough of us from Old Style to not feel among strangers, and I can assure you that soon enough the others there won't feel like strangers at all.
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • anniebooklover
    Options
    Hi

I don't want to add to the friction on the thread today but I just wanted to say that like FBThree, if it wasn't for frogga mentioning the weight loss challenge on the daily thread, my head would most likely still be stuck in the sand too. While I read lots of threads on MSE, there are very few that I post on and the daily thread is the one that I post on most days. So it was a source of great support to me to find at least 16 (could be more by now) people on the thread who wanted to lose weight.

I agree that the daily thread shouldn't be dominated by one particular topic but I don't see the harm in people mentioning how their weight loss is going and maybe asking for support. The support can be PM'd back of course so that the thread isn't taken over.

I appreciate Squeaky's point about the "I wanna" thread and will pop over there to have a look.

catowen I have been a member of MSE for just over a year and I have always found the OS thread to have a "clique" element to it - as have many other threads, of course. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing as it is clear that there are OSers who are friends, have met up, helped each other out, etc but it can make those newer members feel like intruders at times. I still enjoy reading it and contributing but the clique-ness (is that a word?) is nothing new imho.

I really feel quite down now as the enthusiasm generated by the weight loss challenge at the weekend has suffered a blow today.

OS-wise, I have a pepper growing on one of my plants. How it escaped the slugs, I'll never know. I also picked my first tomato yesterday.
    "Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    - Proverb
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Options
    All my fruit and veg drowned in the floods earlier in the summer unfortunately but I've increased my farmaround delivery to a 'luxury' veg bag (it just has more variety - perfect for weaning) and extra apples and pears every week. I'm working out a meal plan that only involves buying milk, cheese, butter and flour like I did last week to keep costs down as we are trying to tighten our belts again.

I'm going to attempt to make apple and apricot chutney soon now I have the ingredients. Never made chutney before...(worried expression!)

I'm going to have to have a peek at some parenting tips on other threads as I'm having trouble getting the baby to sleep during the night without using me as a dummy...I'm exhausted! But he has taken his first few crawling steps over the last few days so it's great fun too.
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Hugs to those who need them!! OS today has so far been cleaning the bathroom and putting the ironing away from last night and won't get much more done tonight either as it's my turn on the rota to help out at Cubs:eek: For that reason it'll be the ever reliable cheap, quick and easy......drum roll.....sardine burgers!! No packups for OH and myself for tomorrow tho' because being taken out for lunch by my boss:j
    I shall however ensure I have time to leaf through the hefty tome of the Reader's Digest Money saving on everything I discovered in our local library...am also awaiting the Readers Digest book of Extraordinary Uses for Everyday Objects. Shall hopefully be a busy old style girlie gleaning lots of frugal ideas!!
    The bathroom continues apace. All woodwork completed and we're now respraying all the silver towel rails as the colour's come off over the years. I think they look better now than when they did when I bought them from The Pier. I have Friday off this week and shall be spending it looking at the tiles and worktops available locally for our kitchen redo [am going to repaint the existing cupboards as funds are severely limited]. My very lovely friend has offered to give me lunch and accompany me on my rekkie:D
    Did anyone see that prog on BBC 3 last night on the woman who didn't wash for 6 weeks....some bits were a bit toe curling but I have to say there is definitely alot to be said for our OS methods of cleaning and making toiletries etc compared to the cocktail of chemicals she had in her system from all the cleaners and toiletries etc she used prior to the experiment.
    Anyway I've wittered enough
    TTFN
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
  • csarinaknight
    Options
    squeaky wrote: »
    Why not add it to your signature, as so many people do? :)

And then get told my signature is too long??????????? no I do not think so......
    September grocery budget........trying for £80, not sure if I will make it though!!!!! I certainly did not last month, lost track of the final bill. Will do better this month honest.

Tesco £57.13
    Petrol £10.00
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    afternoon all

its a bit warmer today, cloudy but windy enough for the washing to dry, i got my pond relined yesterday, it was a bit of a struggle but i managed, then had ds1 up and we dismantled a table and a unit, car hopefully home today, the bill keeps getting bigger

sorted out the freezer and listed the contents in a notebook so i just have to remember to keep it up to date

am afraid i dont always remember what has been said on here, but just want everyone to know if you need to talk to someone just send me a pm, thats what friends are for

jackie hope you are feeling better, you have been through a lot and are doing so well, up and at them girl :D
    grannybroon hugs to your Mum, hope dgs is a bit better now, its so tiring if you cant get a sleep as kyle knows
    elona sorry about the house, hope a better one comes along
    Aussielass am looking forward to seeing a pic of your dgs, obviously you are hoping we look at him and dont notice your veg :D
    anniestar hugs to you and phoebe, hope all goes well for her, i certainly would complain about that other vet
    penny-pincher hope you have got rid of the sickness that sounds like an awful night you had, big hugs
    catowen big hugs to you

love to all and well done to those losing weight esp kyle, she has done so well and ds1 to cope with and not much sleep with Lo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport