We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

1…495496498500501…813

Comments

  • vini_1983 said:
    Have been without sky for almost 8 months now, using amazon fire 4k tv and OTT apps as required. With the added benefit of not watching live tv and sparing the tv license cost feels like a huge saving. Unless sky changes their pricing to around £15 its not worth with alternatives now available to everyone at home
    Likewise, cancelled a year ago, we only had Signature with HD. Not missed it at all. We have a Now tv sub costing £5 a month and for  Eurosport we subscribed. £99 per year for both.
  • The Sky man who 'phoned today, after I agreed to a less than satisfactory deal earlier in the month, called me "buddy". "Sir" may be dated, but buddy is verging upon rude. 
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • james87
    james87 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    So I waited for my sky to switch off this time then went back on chat the next day and accepted this deal:

    Signature £17
    Ultimate TV £5 (free for four months)
    Sports £6
    Cinema £10
    HD £4
    UHD £1

    Total £38 for months 1-4 then £43 for months 5-18.
  • We were paying £98.50 per month for Home Phone, Broadband Superfast + Boost, Signature, Sky Sports HD, Cinema and HD. Our contract was due to expire next week and the bill was due to increase to £122.85 over the next couple of months so I phoned customer services and the best they could offer was £90 for the same package, which I refused, so they put me through to Retentions. I explained to them that I had found a virtually identical package here for £72...

    Compare best broadband and TV deals for 2022 - MSE (moneysavingexpert.com)

    and they then offered me my original package for £71 per month on an 18 month contract.

    I then enquired about UHD and was told that they would waive the usual £99 fee for the UHD box and give me UHD for only £2 per month extra !!

    So, over the next 18 months we are set to save £900....happy days  :):)
  • Kim1965
    Kim1965 Posts: 550 Forumite
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sky are debiting £72 pm for sky hd+ sport and basic package (no cinema, Disney, no bt sport).
     What should i be aiming for?? 
  • Seeing as you are on here, I'm guessing you are looking to save as much money as possible ??
    Use the above examples/links and do your research into the likes of Virgin and BT to see what they are offering then ring Sky and see how far they will come down  ;)
  • Kim1965 said:
    Sky are debiting £72 pm for sky hd+ sport and basic package (no cinema, Disney, no bt sport).
     What should i be aiming for?? 
    Sky’s offer for me to come back on above package is £28pcm. Signature + sport.
  • Kim1965
    Kim1965 Posts: 550 Forumite
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    I am so hacked off with sky. Ive looked at iptv, a relativně has it, costs next to nothing
  • Kim1965 said:
    I am so hacked off with sky. Ive looked at iptv, a relativně has it, costs next to nothing
    I have both sky and IPTV, got a good deal with sky and use IPTV for the stuff not on sky. 
  • Kim1965
    Kim1965 Posts: 550 Forumite
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Mwood1 said:
    Kim1965 said:
    Sky are debiting £72 pm for sky hd+ sport and basic package (no cinema, Disney, no bt sport).
     What should i be aiming for?? 
    Sky’s offer for me to come back on above package is £28pcm. Signature + sport.

    So did you actually have to leave in order to get this deal? As consumers do we have to do this every year to avoid being fleeced. It becomes tiresome!
     
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.