Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

in Phones & TV
4.4K replies 824.2K views

Replies

• edited 7 October at 11:32AM
    Del_IIIDel_III Forumite
    14 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    edited 7 October at 11:32AM
    Weave said:

Am I asking for too much discount?
    Would you wait until Black Friday?
    I have not cancelled so I guess there is no incentive for them as I am still paying £45, should I cancel? 
    I managed to get the Sky Q box and 4 extra mini-boxes for free, so that used to be pretty much standard.

From trawling through this thread I've come up with the following as a goal.

Signature - £11
    HD  - £3
    Cinema - £9
    Multiscreen - £8.50
    Netflix - £4
    Ultimate TV -   £5
    Kids - £4

So if I were you I'd be aiming for around £35.50 per month with no admin fee.

• mikeizzmikeizz Forumite
    58 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Have sky changed the way their online chat?
    I cancelled a couple of weeks ago on the chat box that opens bottom right corner.

I  did the live chat box and it opened it up. Judging by the agents name I would suggest it is based in India and this is where I have had most success getting a really good deal , but they claimed that the only way to speak to someone is by phone , they provided this number 03332022135
  • J292J292 Forumite
    5 Posts
    First Post
    mikeizz said:
    Have sky changed the way their online chat?
    I cancelled a couple of weeks ago on the chat box that opens bottom right corner.

I  did the live chat box and it opened it up. Judging by the agents name I would suggest it is based in India and this is where I have had most success getting a really good deal , but they claimed that the only way to speak to someone is by phone , they provided this number 03332022135
    That number is for the retention team if your in pending cancel best team to speak to is the winback team as far as I know they are UK based 
  • onefurlongoutonefurlongout Forumite
    183 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I cancelled a few weeks ago and have just received my first 'reasons to stay' letter (valid to 4 November)

TV inc Sports: £32
    Netflix - £5
    HD - £3
    UHD - £5
    Multiroom - £11

All in all around £3 cheaper than what my expiring contract is.

Based on other forum member experiences does this offer improve as the cancellation date get nearer or is that as good as it gets? I spoke to an advisor on chat this morning and they weren't prepared to budge
  • DeleteriousDeleterious Forumite
    4 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I cancelled a few weeks ago and have just received my first 'reasons to stay' letter (valid to 4 November)

TV inc Sports: £32
    Netflix - £5
    HD - £3
    UHD - £5
    Multiroom - £11

All in all around £3 cheaper than what my expiring contract is.

Based on other forum member experiences does this offer improve as the cancellation date get nearer or is that as good as it gets? I spoke to an advisor on chat this morning and they weren't prepared to budge
    Do you have your broaband with sky. They offered me super fast broadband, sky tv and netflix for 43 pounds. If you assume that super fast broadband is worth 25 it means that I'm getting signature and netflix for 18 pounds. In addition to that 

Hd: 3 pounds
    Uhd: Free
    Multiroom: 11
    Sky sport complete: 14
  • DeleteriousDeleterious Forumite
    4 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Another piece of advice, let them come to you. They cold called me with the above offer with just over a week left before cut off. If necessary let them cut you off. 
  • thebazboxthebazbox Forumite
    3 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    My TV contract ends on 01/01/22 but i will be moving house before Christmas, i have been told today by sky that i cannot take my tv package with me if i have a pending cancellation, i tried to get a better deal today but all i was offered was the following:

Sky Signature £21
    Ultimate TV £6
    Sky Sports £20
    HD £5
    UHD £2

Total £54

I am currently paying £33 for the same package, i feel like sky was a bit sneaky today but i did say i would wait until i have moved before i cancel so that i can at least keep my tv services over christmas at the new house.
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    thebazbox said:

I am currently paying £33 for the same package, i feel like sky was a bit sneaky today but i did say i would wait until i have moved before i cancel so that i can at least keep my tv services over christmas at the new house.
    Is there a dish already fitted at the new house ??
  • thebazboxthebazbox Forumite
    3 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    thebazbox said:

Is there a dish already fitted at the new house ??

Yes, the current owner has an active sky subscription.
  • edited 15 October at 6:16PM
    mits999mits999 Forumite
    93 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 15 October at 6:16PM
    Weave said:
    We currently have sky + with one box with the following and out of contract:
    Sky entertainment £24
    Sky box sets £2
    Sky kids £2
    Sky Cinema £13
    Sky HD £4

Total cost now is £45

I want to add another box to the kitchen so contacted Sky chat to upgrade and was offered on 06-10-2021:

Sky Q with extra mini box -

No Sky Q setup fee (actual cost £99)
    No Sky mini setup fee (actual cost £50)
    No One time admin fee (actual cost £20)

Sky Signature (includes box sets) for £21 a month for 18 months contract. (Actual cost £31)
    Sky HD for free (Actual cost £7 a month)
    Sky Kids for £5 a month
    Sky Cinema for £11 a month for 18 months contract. (Actual cost £19)
    Sky Q multi screen for £15 a month for 18 months contract. (Actual cost £15)

I would pay £52 a month for 18 months, this was after haggling. I tried to get them down to £50 a month but they would not do it so I left it.

Am I asking for too much discount?
    Would you wait until Black Friday?
    I have not cancelled so I guess there is no incentive for them as I am still paying £45, should I cancel? 
    They can do a lot better let it fully cut off then contact them should be no more than £35