We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• MM2002 wrote: »
    Looks good, but the coax splits are long! Don’t fancy running cat6 cable all round, the extension tv’s are for the kitchen and a bedroom so although hd would be nice it’s not essential.
    How would you say the price I’m paying is looking though? Should I start pushing for a new deal?

Never hurts to try. Based on what I was offered you would be Entertainment £15, Box Sets £1, HD £1 and £12 for multiroom so £29, and I have fibre unlimited and phone line for £20.

So the total would be £49.
  • BigYin11 wrote: »
    Finally decided to give in today re-contract with Sky. My 60% was expiring the end of this month and as we upgraded to Sky Q a few months ago couldn’t cancel. They offered my current package at

Entertainment Package £15 (changed from original package)
    Cinema £8
    Complete Sports Package in HD £13
    Sky Q Multiscreen Pack £12

Total -£48 per month

Was a bit more than I wanted to pay so dropped the cinema (which we don’t actually watch that much) and added HD for £1 - so £41 per month.

Was wanting to be paying around £40ish a month so reasonably happy with that. My next bill on 1st Feb was due to be £73.50

So a few days after signing up to the £41 per month deal above I checked MySky app and saw my future bills showing as £46.00. None of the packs are showing at the prices quoted and are showing as below

Entertainment - £12
    Sky Sports - £11
    Sky Sports HD - £6
    HD pack - £5
    Multiscreen - £12

Crucially the HD pack full price at £5 not £1. I have sent an email to their complaints department querying it and they said they had no note on my account of being offered HD for £1 and after I sent a screenshot of what I was offered in chat, their follow up response said the same. Have went back to them in no uncertain terms that I want them to honour what was offered in chat, so will see what the come back with. Has anyone had any similar experiences and know the best route to go if they stand firm on not honouring it?
  • Something very similar happened to me when I renegotiated my last deal. Just tell them you want the deal you were offered or you'll cancel again. Even if you've only just entered into a new contract you still having a 14 day cooling off period.
  • BigYin11 wrote: »
    So a few days after signing up to the £41 per month deal above I checked MySky app and saw my future bills showing as £46.00. None of the packs are showing at the prices quoted and are showing as below

Entertainment - £12
    Sky Sports - £11
    Sky Sports HD - £6
    HD pack - £5
    Multiscreen - £12

Crucially the HD pack full price at £5 not £1. I have sent an email to their complaints department querying it and they said they had no note on my account of being offered HD for £1 and after I sent a screenshot of what I was offered in chat, their follow up response said the same. Have went back to them in no uncertain terms that I want them to honour what was offered in chat, so will see what the come back with. Has anyone had any similar experiences and know the best route to go if they stand firm on not honouring it?

Hi,
    same happened with me, they applied a different deal to the one I had signed up for, got 4 responses from complaints all really explaining what had been applied and not that it was incorrect. My responses got angrier at each fob off and said that if they did not have the power to honour it then raise the complaint to someone who did.

Next response was they had passed it to the appropriate department, and my account was magically fixed.
  • Hi,
    same happened with me, they applied a different deal to the one I had signed up for, got 4 responses from complaints all really explaining what had been applied and not that it was incorrect. My responses got angrier at each fob off and said that if they did not have the power to honour it then raise the complaint to someone who did.

Next response was they had passed it to the appropriate department, and my account was magically fixed.

Yeah that’s what’s happened to me so far, just fobbed off from complaints. Bit that really set me off in one of their responses was the girl saying “i appreciate you may feel like you’ve been offered HD for £1” , I was like no, I don’t “feel” like
    I’ve been offered it I “HAVE” been offered it as proved in my attached screenshot.

Anyway I asked for it to be escalated to someone senior so hopefully the next response I get will have it fixed
  • Just cancelled my Sky Tv.
    I was getting 60% discount but that has come to an end.
    I was paying £45.40 per month.
    Box Sets = £15.80
    Sky Sports = £11.20
    Sky Cinema = £4.00
    Sky Sports HD = £2.40
    Sky Multiscreen = £12.00

Now they are asking for £95.50 per month
    Box Sets = £39.50
    Sky Sports = £28.00
    Sky Cinema = £10
    Sky Sports HD = £6.00
    When I phoned and cancelled I was put through to the retention team. They offered me the same package for £54.50 per month on a 18 month contract plus A £20 administrative fee
    I turned it down and I am now on 30 day’s notice before I get turned off.
    I expect them to call me back.
    Do you think I will get a better offer before I am turned off.
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    marco44 wrote: »
    Just cancelled my Sky Tv.
    I was paying £45.40 per month.
    Box Sets = £15.80
    Sky Sports = £11.20
    Sky Cinema = £4.00
    Sky Sports HD = £2.40
    Sky Multiscreen = £12.00

Box Sets = £39.50
    Sky Sports = £28.00
    Sky Cinema = £10k
    Sky Sports HD = £6.00
    When I phoned and cancelled I was put through to the retention team. They offered me the same package for £54.50 per month on a 18 month contract plus A £20 administrative fee

They may offer this for £42. non Q package
    Fixed for 18 months
  • marco44 wrote: »
    Just cancelled my Sky Tv.
    Box Sets = £39.50
    Sky Sports = £28.00
    Sky Cinema = £10
    Sky Sports HD = £6.00

I was also previously getting 60% off on similar packages but no multiroom. They now seem to swap to the new packages if you haggle a deal which although work out a lesser percentage appear to be a similar price deal.

Have you tried looking at your deals on https://www.sky.com/mydeals page? There were better offers on there for me and others on this thread, inc the OP who gave the link.

I clinked through online and these were the offers:
    Entertainment = £15 (12 months contract)
    Box sets = £1
    HD = £1
    Kids = £1
    Cinema = £9
    Sports = £17
    Or Cinema & Sports = £21

No Sky Q as we're Sky+HD

I took up the offer and waited...two days later I got a call from retentions. I said but I've signed back up online, oh but the can't see it! I told them the deal and he said okay to it - I stressed I wanted it fixed (which you couldn't do online) and that I was NOT paying the £10 admin fee. He eventually agreed to that and refunded the admin fee on February's bill. I asked for email confirmation, he agreed but none came! I looked online at my new bills and they were (surprise!) wrong.

So the next day I phoned up asked for retentions and went though it all again! They agreed:

Entertainment = £15 (12 months contract)
    HD = £1
    Cinema & Sports = £21
    = £37/month fixed for 12 months.

I asked about getting (just) a Q box but because of the offers they wanted another £10/month. No thanks says I.

I have no confirmation of this in writing but the customer service agent gave me a 'call reference' number. The new bills look a total mess but look vaguely correct - I'll wait and see what they take by direct debit though as atm I'm doing better than the amount they stated!

Somewhat of a palaver but got a good deal in the end... :)
  • dav8t
    Options
    Hey,

I was on a 75% off offer for Sky HD until last month so I've out in my cancellation request, switch off is tomorrow. What offers are people getting for upgrading to Sky Q on the full package?

thanks.
  • E30M3
    Options
    dav8t wrote: »
    Hey,

I was on a 75% off offer for Sky HD until last month so I've out in my cancellation request, switch off is tomorrow. What offers are people getting for upgrading to Sky Q on the full package?

thanks.
    I got everything for £48 PCM after cancelling.
    Entertainment, HD, boxsets, cinema, sports, sports HD, Second Q box.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure