Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    john-306 wrote: »
    Leaving would presumably put me back on 0 years.

Would it make any material difference to yourself? I got a free DVD (£8 to £10 value) and free access to Sky Go Extra which I have never used. The agent tried to use the fact that I can get tickets to Disney on Ice(?) as a retention tool, a quick look at my age on his screen would have told him that wasn't going to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm still looking for 60% off £25 credit and 30 day rolling contact
    I sincerely doubt you'll get a 30 day rolling contract. It wouldn't be much of a "retention" deal (for them) if you kept the right to cancel at any time.
    I expect the minimum term you'll have to agree to is a further twelve months.
    Leaving would presumably put me back on 0 years.
    You won't be eligible for "new" customer deals if that's what you mean. You'll have to cease being a customer for at least twelve months to get those.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I sincerely doubt you'll get a 30 day rolling contract. It wouldn't be much of a "retention" deal (for them) if you kept the right to cancel at any time.

Customers who are getting the automatic 'loyalty' extensions are on rolling contracts so there's no reason someone else couldn't get it.
    You won't be eligible for "new" customer deals if that's what you mean. You'll have to cease being a customer for at least twelve months to get those.

I believe they were referring to the 'bonuses' you get via the Sky app such as Sky Go Extra and free fibre set-up.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    I expect the minimum term you'll have to agree to is a further twelve months..
    I am on a 50% off TV deal with a rolling contract. My dad is as well.
  • john-306
    john-306 Posts: 722 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Would it make any material difference to yourself? I got a free DVD (£8 to £10 value) and free access to Sky Go Extra which I have never used. The agent tried to use the fact that I can get tickets to Disney on Ice(?) as a retention tool, a quick look at my age on his screen would have told him that wasn't going to help.

No I meant as in, being VIP black as they call it, you can get 2x skyq boxes and installed free
  • john-306
    john-306 Posts: 722 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I've already been offered a 40% off and£25 credit on a 30 day rolling contact.
    Just need it upping to 60% now and I'll bite
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't see any point in a rolling contract, unless you intend to move house or expect to no longer need the service.

If you have agreed a price, you must have been satisfied and if the price goes up, you have the option of leaving penalty free, anyway.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I don't see any point in a rolling contract, unless you intend to move house or expect to no longer need the service.

If you have agreed a price, you must have been satisfied and if the price goes up, you have the option of leaving penalty free, anyway.

Really ? So what if you get a better deal with Plusnet, BT, VM, etc. ?

Suggest people always try to go for a rolling contract. If you find a good deal with another supplier, you can then negotiate a deal with Sky to stay with them. I If they don't at least match their offer, then give 30 days notice to cancel and move.
  • everyotheridwasused
    Options
    I've already been offered a 40% off and£25 credit on a 30 day rolling contact.
    Just need it upping to 60% now and I'll bite

I was offered the same, but they wouldn't move on the 40% off, despite several attempts over the phone and Live Chat.

They eventually agreed to 50% for the full duration of a 12 month contract with £25 credit which I eventually agreed to as there don't seem to be any 60% off deals being offered this year :mad:
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    Well my 75% and £100 credit ends this month. Just done online chat and was offered 50% off for 18 months (definitely discounted for 18 month rather than an 18 month contract before anyone asks!). This still makes it double what I'm paying so cancellation has been processed. Let's see what they say nearer/after the cancellation date.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback