Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• stulaunch
    stulaunch Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pawlala wrote: »
    Might you be on 18mth rather than 12 mth deal?

No, definitely a 12 month discount. Still got the chat saved
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    stulaunch wrote: »
    My 60% off deal should end on Dec 26th. Usually call and cancel 30 days before.

But just noticed on future bills that the discounted price is still running upto Feb 2018, that's as far it tells you anyway.

Is there anybody else that's coming to the end of a deal and got the same? I know a month or so ago I had a look at my future bills and the price showed an increase for my December bill onward. Strange!

Probably will keep an eye on it and leave it running

There have been quite a few people reporting that their discounted deal had been extended -altho' generally they had received a letter or email - could your spam filter have trapped a message -or have you just binned the letter/email thinking it was more junk:rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My 60% off deal should end on Dec 26th. Usually call and cancel 30 days before.

But just noticed on future bills that the discounted price is still running upto Feb 2018, that's as far it tells you anyway.

Is there anybody else that's coming to the end of a deal and got the same? I know a month or so ago I had a look at my future bills and the price showed an increase for my December bill onward. Strange!

Probably will keep an eye on it and leave it running

Mine ends on 14/12/17 and shows all of the discounts finished excepting a little £1.59 discount on the line rental from when they put the prices up back in March(?). We're currently looking for a new house so I may just go for a 50% off the TV if possible and hold fire on the BB until I know what's available to us. We've been with Sky for 10 years so a little miffed that they're not fighting to keep us yet.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    There have been quite a few people reporting that their discounted deal had been extended -altho' generally they had received a letter or email - could your spam filter have trapped a message -or have you just binned the letter/email thinking it was more junk:rotfl:

@Colin_Maybe - it looks like these extended deals are just a small scale trial to see if it reduces churn -there are probably customers who wouldn't haggle but would just leave when the price goes up -they are hoping to increase customer loyalty ,one assumes:rotfl:
  • stulaunch
    stulaunch Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    @Colin_Maybe - it looks like these extended deals are just a small scale trial to see if it reduces churn -there are probably customers who wouldn't haggle but would just leave when the price goes up -they are hoping to increase customer loyalty ,one assumes:rotfl:

This makes sense. I've been on 50% off, sometimes more, for around 10 years. I've also allowed it cancel a few times, usually only for a few hours before I've negotiated a new deal. Extending my deal would save both of us time. Plus they won't have to pay me any account credit which I usually get.
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

In my case when they extended my original offer (which was due to end in July this year) they posted a leaflet to me which confirmed that they would be continuing the deal for another 12 months. I then also received an email reminding me of this. I have since arranged an upgrade to Q (which is being installed in a few weeks) and they have also retained the discount amount the same as prior to the upgrade as well rather than removing it when i change to Q
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    anna42hmr wrote: »
    In my case when they extended my original offer (which was due to end in July this year) they posted a leaflet to me which confirmed that they would be continuing the deal for another 12 months. I then also received an email reminding me of this. I have since arranged an upgrade to Q (which is being installed in a few weeks) and they have also retained the discount amount the same as prior to the upgrade as well rather than removing it when i change to Q

My dads offer of 50% off TV was extended for 1 year during Q2 this year. He was advised via a letter posted to him.
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Options
    My tv part switches off at midnight today.
    I was offered 50% when i called but said no.
    They messed up my 12 month discount offer in August by changing the sport to the "new sports complete package" and that stopped my 60% discount deal. I got i sorted after loads of lies on Sky's part and then for me to go to the CEO email address.
    I never got any letter/email about extending my deal but that cos of the mess up.
    I have only ever got 30% discount showing in all 3 types of account access and they called 3 times on landline and the last 2 weeks when i was in Spain they called every day on my mobile but i never answered as i did not want to be on the phone for ages and then have no idea what i was agreeing to.
    It looks like this year is harder to get a deal than last few years.
  • PerfectChristmas
    Options
    No, definitely a 12 month discount. Still got the chat saved

Just spoken to Sky, ours was the same - in August when I asked they were due to finish 23rd Oct (TV)/ 13th Nov (Phone and net) this year - according to the woman I spoke to, Sky have extended offers on some accounts (I'm assuming longstanding ones?)My line rental and TV offer had been extended to the 3rd of Oct 2018 for TV and Line Rental and 3rd November for Fibre
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback