Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't think you should expect a good deal in notice time. Last year (October/November)one pattern offered 50% off for 10 months , then by email 12months (this time I got 50% immediately and effused to cut the package as it was all or nothing).

Last year offers then rose to 60% by email, with a very short take up time option (though some who accepted the offer were told that it was an error),followed by a drop to 50% which stayed beyond cut off.

The 'biggy' came a few weeks later and the offer lasted longer than the December date quoted. However, I can't envisage them doing such a good offer again, so will just check my account a few times in the weeks after cut off, then will just make do with smart tv and the Humax ,if nothing comes up, just as I intended last year.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    I've received a call from Sky on 0800 759 0420 but I missed the call. The internet tells me this is Sky retentions. I tried to call the number back but it is an automated message. Does anyone know what the best number would be to call them back or is it best to use live chat?

Also I have noticed people saying that they have seen discounts on their online account after cancelling sky, does anyone know how to view this?

Many thanks
    The win back team only have an outgoing line, so you can't call them,but you can find the number for retentions on their webpage or call the general number and ask for retentions or win back.
  • PerfectChristmas
    Options
    I've got approximately 5 weeks to run on my TV contract with them and approx 8 weeks to run on my phone/broadband (fibre) so I'm starting to look for offers/deals/current retention offers.

At the minute I have:
    Original bundle which is £20 a month discounted to £12.60 (Sky + HD)
    Sky Go Extra £5 a month discounted to free through sky VIP)
    Sky Line Rental £18.99 discounted to £14.99
    Sky Fibre Unlimited £20 per month discounted to £12.50
    Sky Talk Anytime - £8
    I pay £48.09 a month for this.

On the website the offer is 18 months of Sky Cinema for £10 a month
    Boxsets bundle for £31 a month for 18 months
    Variety bundle for £25 a month for 18 months
    Sky Fibre Max for £35 a month for 18 months (nosing around on the sky website telling them i want to leave will knock it down to £10 a month for 12 months)

In the Sky VIP offers on the app I'm being offered a free Sky Q 2TB on an 18 month minimum sub and from the wording it sounds like I'd get one free multiroom box too.

I'm not particularly bothered about Sky Q (the only bonus we'd very rarely use is being able to watch a live broadcast/record an extra show on occasion when already doing 2. In today's catch up world even that's not a problem as at least one of them is available elsewhere/another time. The multiscreen thing is a nice idea, but I have an xbox in the bedoom that's primarily a media player that has the sky app and a now TV box too so that more than does.

I'm not interested in Sky Cinema as we don't really watch a lot of movies and we also have Amazon Instant Video alongside a few passes from now TV boxes to cover the film stuff over Christmas and definitely don't want the sports package.

I definitely would like to upgrade the TV though as the original bundle isn't quite right for us.

Ideally I'd like to keep the box I have (Sky+ HD), get the boxsets bundle, keep the phone as it is and keep the internet unlimited fibre

Going by those prices above it makes it about £20 dearer than what I'm paying now - I'd definitely need a sweetner to stay!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @PerfectChristmas

There's an(almost) automatic 50% off the TV packages via this link:

https://secure.sky.com/promotions/offers/pending-cancel-12m-50-percent-off-email-q1/secure-offer

If you use the 'contact us' option that pops up you can get them to apply it to Boxsets if you want (£17.62 cost) (it's mentioned in the T&C's at the bottom).

Their deals change on a weekly basis, just keep an eye out or take someone else up on their deal. You can either switch or Sky will come back to you when the switch request comes in, you'd have to cancel the new order obviously if you're happy with Sky.
  • john-306
    john-306 Posts: 722 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    @PerfectChristmas

There's an(almost) automatic 50% off the TV packages via this link:

https://secure.sky.com/promotions/offers/pending-cancel-12m-50-percent-off-email-q1/secure-offer

If you use the 'contact us' option that pops up you can get them to apply it to Boxsets if you want (£17.62 cost) (it's mentioned in the T&C's at the bottom).

Their deals change on a weekly basis, just keep an eye out or take someone else up on their deal. You can either switch or Sky will come back to you when the switch request comes in, you'd have to cancel the new order obviously if you're happy with Sky.

The problem being with that link is it's account specific, sky advisors have been requesting a screenshot, and even though you sign in through that link and have your name at the top of the page, once it gets through to the team that deals with putting these offers through they have been declining and charging full price because it isn't on your account. This is detailed over on HDUK chat.
    My battle for a good price goes on....
  • PerfectChristmas
    Options
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I did look at the email last night as I read through the last 10 or so pages. I'm not worried about telling them I'll leave or even them cutting it off for a few days whilst we wrangle a new deal as it's enough time to sort it for Christmas TV.

Good luck, John!
  • Mastanlem
    Options
    I too got the 75% deal and £100 credit last year. I cancelled on Sunday was offered 50% off the box sets and movies. Went ahead with cancelling. I already use Now tv for the bedroom and as we only watch 1 or 2 programs from sky anyway not prepared to pay anymore. I have sourced Eurosport for my husband for next year when the motorcycle season start again via Amazon channels, excellent picture quality so he is sorted. We already use a hdr recorder for free channels. I won’t miss it but my husband probably will for the ease of recording the sky programs. But I am sure he will get used to streaming from Now. One of the programs we download is Chicago pd so we can view in HD, so I compared it to the 5 on demand on my Roku Ultra and the picture quality was better than from the sky box download, the only problem is adverts.
    Will probably only go back to sky if on a good offer.
    Mastanlem
  • teddysmum
    Options
    Mastanlem wrote: »
    I too got the 75% deal and £100 credit last year. I cancelled on Sunday was offered 50% off the box sets and movies. Went ahead with cancelling. I already use Now tv for the bedroom and as we only watch 1 or 2 programs from sky anyway not prepared to pay anymore. I have sourced Eurosport for my husband for next year when the motorcycle season start again via Amazon channels, excellent picture quality so he is sorted. We already use a hdr recorder for free channels. I won’t miss it but my husband probably will for the ease of recording the sky programs. But I am sure he will get used to streaming from Now. One of the programs we download is Chicago pd so we can view in HD, so I compared it to the 5 on demand on my Roku Ultra and the picture quality was better than from the sky box download, the only problem is adverts.
    Will probably only go back to sky if on a good offer.
    Mastanlem

I got the instant 50% off offer too and declined any way to cut the price by reducing the bundle as I wanted the same or nothing. I'm due off on18th,but they still haven't sorted this out after someone made a date mistake o the first email and the person putting it right messed up causing my account to lock with the matter passed to the back office.

There is no probably in my going back, as it's the same package at roughly the same price (I'll take the 75% without the credit) or I will stay away, as I intended last year, managing quite well with smart tv and not even getting to set up the Humax.

Bring frank, I actually watch more Freeview anyway, but films have been a novelty, especially as I was able to try the TV's 3D, but I think I lost interest in more films than I watched through.
  • john-306
    john-306 Posts: 722 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's the ease of use I'll miss if sky gets cut off.
    I do have sports and movies but if we've watched 5 films over the last year thats about it.
    Same with Sports, I'll put the cricket or football on but get bored half way through and turn it off and go do something useful.
    So in theory I could get away with just the Box sets package with multi-room, which they gave a price at £19+ £12.
    As I've got 17 years service I can get free skyQ and mini boxes and install, which I though added another £12 p/m to the package but it seem it's already in the price if you already have multi-room.
    You learn something every day.
    That makes things a little easier to swallow, I still want 60% though:D
  • stulaunch
    stulaunch Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My 60% off deal should end on Dec 26th. Usually call and cancel 30 days before.

But just noticed on future bills that the discounted price is still running upto Feb 2018, that's as far it tells you anyway.

Is there anybody else that's coming to the end of a deal and got the same? I know a month or so ago I had a look at my future bills and the price showed an increase for my December bill onward. Strange!

Probably will keep an eye on it and leave it running
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure