Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sky retentions seem to be chipping at the edges more nowadays.eg multiroom discounts have always been difficult to get,but now money off the HD pack for Sports is almost unachieveable. Cash credits used to be thrown in like confetti but less so now and I'm not aware of anyone getting a 75% discount lately.
    The other issue is the sheer complexity of the Sky TV world.
    The agent I talked to about a month ago, virtually admitted that there were too many different packages /offers floating around what with SkyQ, HD+,SD+ and apparently there are still some subscribers on the very old SD boxes without the recording facility, let alone the plethora of TV programme packages. now further complicated by the fragmentation of Sports.:(
  • pawlala
    pawlala Posts: 1,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    and apparently there are still some subscribers on the very old SD boxes without the recording facility,
    that was me up until late 2016! :rotfl:
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    and apparently there are still some subscribers on the very old SD boxes without the recording facility,(

If the subscribers are still in contract, just phone sky to report a pretend problem with the box (e.g it will occasionally or often lose reception). Sky may try to charge you for an engineer's visit, If they do, say you will have to cancel you contract and will not pay anything for early termination of the contract as the box is not working. You will probably find that sky will do the engineer's visit for free.

When the engineer visits, he will not test the box and will just replace it with a modern box.

I have done this twice over the last few years and it worked both times. Mind you, I was on a rolling contract (as I am at the moment) so I could cancel anytime by giving 30 days notice.
  • Gavgooner
    Options
    Anyone had any good SkyQ deals? On the website I can upgrade to have SkyQ 2tb & 1 mini for £115 setup fee & extra 12 for multiscreen, only downside it is a new 18 month contract. I have 75% tv discount until June so I would have to pay full price for the last 10 months of contract.
  • john-306
    john-306 Posts: 722 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've tried sky again for a laugh today, they only offered 40% off, last week I refused 50% off so I'm not going lower, I've still got 3 weeks till I'm cut off.
    Really couldn't be bothered either way at the minute.
  • theshoefairy
    Options
    I've received a call from Sky on 0800 759 0420 but I missed the call. The internet tells me this is Sky retentions. I tried to call the number back but it is an automated message. Does anyone know what the best number would be to call them back or is it best to use live chat?

Also I have noticed people saying that they have seen discounts on their online account after cancelling sky, does anyone know how to view this?

Many thanks
  • theshoefairy
    Options
    john-306 wrote: »
    I've tried sky again for a laugh today, they only offered 40% off, last week I refused 50% off so I'm not going lower, I've still got 3 weeks till I'm cut off.
    Really couldn't be bothered either way at the minute.

Same here. I turned down the 50% off and sinced they have offered 40%
  • mc_craddock
    mc_craddock Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 23 October 2017 at 7:17PM
    Options
    Not sure if this true, Sky have always been aware of this. Unless the number of people using it has increased due to sites like these Sky will always try to get the best deal for them.

Out of interest, since there is no 'Sky Bundles' package (there's three different 'bundles') which one are you on and is that ADSL unlimited you have?

My bad! It was the Boxset Bundle and yes it’s unlimited broadband.

It was just my read of people’s post on both forums, plus @theshoefairy and @john-306 posts seem to back this up. Both were offered 50% now only 40%
  • theshoefairy
    Options
    Contacted them. Still offering it for £71 a month. I'm hardly going to accept that when they previously offered £58 a month which I also declined.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've received a call from Sky on 0800 759 0420 but I missed the call. The internet tells me this is Sky retentions. I tried to call the number back but it is an automated message. Does anyone know what the best number would be to call them back or is it best to use live chat?

Also I have noticed people saying that they have seen discounts on their online account after cancelling sky, does anyone know how to view this?

Many thanks

Call them on their normal number and tell them you missed a call from retentions, they should put you straight through to them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback