🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• tuggy12
    tuggy12 Posts: 1,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    phillw wrote: »
    Switching a dual fuel tariff is pretty much the same as going through it twice. They never switch at the same time. I wish CEC would compare separate with dual fuel.

My dual fuel switch from First Utility to Iresa did happen on the same day - 12th April '17.
    My final bill from FU was emailed to me on 26th April '17 and a small refund was deposited in my bank account on 3rd May '17.

My switch has been seamless and trouble free and I've not needed to contact either Company.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tuggy12 wrote: »
    My dual fuel switch from First Utility to Iresa did happen on the same day - 12th April '17.
    My final bill from FU was emailed to me on 26th April '17 and a small refund was deposited in my bank account on 3rd May '17.

My switch has been seamless and trouble free and I've not needed to contact either Company.

It will be interesting to see if your first gas bill is accurate.
  • System
    edited 4 May 2017 at 3:54PM
    Options
    I have just checked my online account more than in hope that my gas meter readings might appear only to find that the Support page is populated with automated e-mails relating to meter readings - all marked resolved. The cynic in me thinks that this might be a clever way for Iresa to prove to Ofgem that it is getting a grip on the e-mails etc from customers requesting support. That said, I am still waiting for a response to my e-mail about my incorrect January bill.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    I have just checked my online account more than in hope that my gas meter readings might appear only to find that the Support page is populated with automated e-mails relating to meter readings - all marked resolved. The cynic in me thinks that this might be a clever way for Iresa to prove to Ofgem that is getting a grip on the e-mails etc from customers requesting support. That said, I am still waiting for a response to my e-mail about my incorrect January bill.

I see the same thing, although its just the two emails they sent at the end of April confirming receipt of my readings then.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    I have just checked my online account more than in hope that my gas meter readings might appear only to find that the Support page is populated with automated e-mails relating to meter readings - all marked resolved. The cynic in me thinks that this might be a clever way for Iresa to prove to Ofgem that it is getting a grip on the e-mails etc from customers requesting support. That said, I am still waiting for a response to my e-mail about my incorrect January bill.

I noticed an entry in my gas account transaction report for 'charges' for the last 2 months on 28/4, but so far this has not turned into an actual bill. Last actual bill was end of Feb.
    Still no electricity meter point after 13 weeks on supply, and E.On still unable to get them to agree my opening electricity read. Oh, and of course no response to my formal complaint via Resolver a month ago.
    So I expect in a month I will be escalating my complaint to the Ombudsman-and then the same for E.On a week after.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Iresa do seem unusually early with their replies on Twitter today; perhaps they're preparing for a long weekend !?
    https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/with_replies
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    I noticed an entry in my gas account transaction report for 'charges' for the last 2 months on 28/4, but so far this has not turned into an actual bill. Last actual bill was end of Feb.
    Still no electricity meter point after 13 weeks on supply, and E.On still unable to get them to agree my opening electricity read. Oh, and of course no response to my formal complaint via Resolver a month ago.
    So I expect in a month I will be escalating my complaint to the Ombudsman-and then the same for E.On a week after.

What's our latest take on this macman? You mentioned you were expecting a call from one of our Complaints Managers (post #652). What did they say? Have we estimated a final bill yet?

Sorry for all the questions.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Iresa do seem unusually early with their replies on Twitter today; perhaps they're preparing for a long weekend !?
    https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/with_replies

I hate to point out the obvious but for each "new" query or complaint Iresa choose to action or resolve via Twitter just means that customers with older unanswered or unresolved queries or complaints on their online accounts wait longer.

Iresa have an 8 week deadline to resolve any complaint after which the customer can take their complaint to the Energy Ombudsman for resolution.

My understanding is that should this happen Iresa will automatically incur a fee for the services of the Ombudsman for each case. This fee is on top of any financial award the Ombudsman may make to the customer.

It would seem that Iresa have got their customer services priorities totally backwards in this instance and have given little or no thought to what the actual financial outcome is likely to be for them if they don't pull their finger out and concentrate all their efforts and resources on meeting the 8 week deadline at all costs.

The clock's already been ticking for quite some time and as it stands now there's no doubt that the Ombudman's till will start to ring very loudly very soon if it hasn't started already. :mad:
  • System
    Options
    I hate to point out the obvious but for each "new" query or complaint Iresa choose to action or resolve via Twitter just means that customers with older unanswered or unresolved queries or complaints on their online accounts wait longer.

Iresa have an 8 week deadline to resolve any complaint after which the customer can take their complaint to the Energy Ombudsman for resolution.

My understanding is that should this happen Iresa will automatically incur a fee for the services of the Ombudsman for each case. This fee is on top of any financial award the Ombudsman may make to the customer.

It would seem that Iresa have got their customer services priorities totally backwards in this instance and have given little or no thought to what the actual financial outcome is likely to be for them if they don't pull their finger out and concentrate all their efforts and resources on meeting the 8 week deadline at all costs.

The clock's already been ticking for quite some time and as it stands now there's no doubt that the Ombudman's till will start to ring very loudly very soon if it hasn't started already. :mad:

I confess that I am surprised that a simple request to reverse and re-issue a bill requires me to take a supplier to The EO. The EO has had my complaint for over 5 weeks and has only just appointed an investigating officer.

If, as stated on The EO's website, all decisions are based on the following:

When we make a decision we take into account:

both sides of the story;
    regulatory rules, guidance and standards;
    codes of practice, relevant law and regulations
    ; and
    what is accepted as good industry practice.

And:

we may require a remedy that returns you to the position you would be in if the mistake had not occurred

then, I have to ask, why didn't someone just pick up a pen and pencil and work out a bill to avoid paying The EO for its adjudication services? That said, Iresa didn't have to do that as they could just have copied back to me the corrected statement that I sent them.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I sent a message to Iresa on twitter on the 4th April. They've replied to me today (5th May) !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport