Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Wonder who the "supplier of last resort" will be ??:(

It will most likely be Extra Energy of course! :rotfl:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I see that there sole source of any information has dried up - the Twitter person is not at his/her desk. Never a dull moment when it comes to energy supply.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    miniemma wrote: »
    ... but have become twitchy as DDs are being taken left right and centre - which will all be sorted in the end I'm sure :)

Remember, you are fully covered by the Direct Debit Guarantee

If you believe any debits are not in accordance with the direct debit scheme then take control now and ask your bank for a full and immediate refund.

As ASavvyBuyer has stated, there should only usually be one DD per monthtaken on or just after 20th of that month, except in the frst month where you will also have a payment taken 3 days after your colling off period ends. Payments should be tfor the same amount until advised otherwise.
    This is all decribed on as described on their website.Nonetheless, you also need to be provided with appropriate Advance Notice in accordance with the rules of the Direct Debit Scheme.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think the more worrying picture here is just how much longer Ofgem are going to tolerate Iresa being unable to provide adequate levels of Customer Service and Complaints Handling.

Do you have any figures to support such potentially libellous allegations against this supplier?

They are a new supplier and so I cannot see any evidence of " Iresa being unable to provide adequate levels of Customer Service and Complaints Handling"

e.g. the last figures from December 2016 according to the CAB say
    " We don’t have enough information to rank this supplier" in realtion to Iresa
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-citizens-advice-works/citizens-advice-consumer-work/supplier-performance/energy-supplier-performance/compare-domestic-energy-suppliers-customer-service/
  • miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How many DD's are Iresa taking from your account?
    There should only be one per month; the first one 3 days after the cooling off period and usually the monthly one on about 20th of the month.

(Would quote/reply to Footguy too but can't figure out how to)

Only 1 DD from Iresa :)

3 from British Gas, they've split my gas and elec and added a random DD too! Hence my twitchiness about getting a closing reading to them sooner rather than later.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 March 2017 at 10:27AM
    Options
    lisaweirl wrote: »
    Interestingly Iresa brought the cooling off period to my attention indicating that I could waive it, ...

When and how did they indicate you could waive it??? :huh:

In your first post on this site you said:
    Hi

On 2nd February 2017 I requested of Iresa a switch of electricity supply from Eon, ...

On 17th February I got an email from Iresa stating that I would be transferred with next 14 days. I wrote back reiterating that I wanted to waive the cooling off period and be connected to them on 24t fb or soon after. No reply.
    (My highlighting)

Good luck!

(Looks like these new challenger suppliers are really upsetting some of the more established suppliers :cool:)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Interestingly Iresa brought the cooling off period to my attention indicating that I could waive it, which was why I stated that I did wish to.

Whichever way you look at it, there's a significant level of incompetence here on Iresa's part. The other interesting thing is that I started to look into switching mid- January and was advised by one of the switching services that I only needed to give 3 weeks notice and I shouldn't do it too early or would lose the advantage of my more favourable previous fixed price tariff with Eon. Clearly this wasn't accurate either.

So, all providers do it differently. How can this be be monitored then rectified, because it still feels too difficult for the customer to get the switching service right with smaller suppliers.
    Hello lisaweirl and welcome to the Forums.

Whilst with us, did you have an online account? If you did, you'll be able to see on there when Iresa apply to take your account. As soon as they do, our online services will be locked down. You'll still be able to view the account but you won't be able to do anything like change tariff, enter meter readings, alter a Monthly Direct Debit etc.

Were you on one of our fixed tariffs? If you were, provided Iresa apply to take over within the Price Protection window (open 49 calendar days before the tariff end date until 20 working days after), we'll keep you on the cheaper prices whilst the switch goes through. This will be up to the supply end date even if this is after the tariff end date. If we receive the request after the window closes, though, we'll put you on our standard Energy Plan from the tariff end date until the supply end date.

The new supplier drives a switch. They'll send us the meter readings they intend to use to open their account and we'll use these to close our account. This stops the same energy from being charged twice. The readings go through a third party. They check they're in line with past usage at the property. Although there's little I can influence until we receive these readings, I'll be happy to check where we're at. Drop an email to the address in my Profile if you would like me to see what's happening at our end.

Sorry you're leaving lisaweirl and hope this helps.

Malc

Hello lisaweirl and following on from my reply to a previous post as above, have you now switched? If so, when did Iresa contact us to start this?

If they contacted us within the Price Protection window I mentioned above, we'll keep you on the cheaper prices as per the fixed tariff you mention. This will be right up to the supply end date. If the window had closed before they contacted us, you'll have automatically gone on to our standard Energy Plan from when your fixed deal ended.

Sorry for the questions lisaweirl but not sure where you're at with the switch.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • vanilla8
    vanilla8 Posts: 656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Al_Ross wrote: »
    My last Gas meter reading they added was on 31st of January !

Me too, fortunately they email when i submit meter readings so have a record of submitting to them
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    Do you have any figures to support such potentially libellous allegations against this supplier?

I would suggest that you take your blinkers off and open your eyes! The up to date information and evidence is all around you if you care to look.

We all know they shouldn't but unfortunately some suppliers actually do believe they can cut corners and save money by providing unacceptable levels of Customer Service and Complaints Handling and get away with it.

No offence intended and I stand to be corrected but I seem to recall that you previously posted similar nonsense regarding Extra Energy without actually being a customer and having to suffer their woeful customer service.

If you are an Iresa customer just try any of the following:-

Try asking for a gas bill.

Try ringing them only to sit in a painfully slow moving queue for a minimum of 2 hours at local call rates at your expense.

Try emailing them only for it to be totally ignored.

Try using their online ticket system from your online account to raise a query or a complaint only for it to be totally ignored for an unacceptable period of time. If and when you are eventually lucky enough to receive a response the chances are that it will simply state what you already know and simply repeat what you've already told them totally avoiding answering the question at all meaning that you have to ask the question again and go to the back of the queue once again to obtain a meaningful answer which takes even more time.

Look on Facebook, Twitter or any of the review sites. I defy you to find anybody who has anything good to say about their current levels of Customer Service. All you will find on Facebook and Twitter are endless meaningless apologies for the dire state they are in. Unfortunately it seems that these social media sites seem to be the only method of communicating with Iresa at the moment and only then when the one person who responds on behalf of Iresa is working.

From previous personal correspondence with Ofgem regarding Iresa's incorrect Calorific Value calculations you should be aware that they already have their beady eye firmly trained on Iresa to ensure full compliance with all the terms and conditions of their Operator's Licenses and when I last contacted them they were keen to collect and compile evidence of any breaches.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 April 2017 at 5:17PM
    Options
    miniemma wrote: »
    (Would quote/reply to Footguy too but can't figure out how to)

Only 1 DD from Iresa :)

3 from British Gas, they've split my gas and elec and added a random DD too! Hence my twitchiness about getting a closing reading to them sooner rather than later.

So your issue is actually with British Gas then is it?

Noenetheless, my advice still stands.
    You are fully protected by the terms of the DD Guarantee.
    You can make a request to your bank for a full and immediate refund of any payment in breach of the rules of the DD scheme, such as not having been provided proper advance notice of such a collection. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure