Options

Comments

• ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Interested to know when that was? e.g. 2016 or 2017

Both last year and this year. All times a response within a couple of days, but usually less than 24 hours.
    Have used the on-line help/support to ask something (but only needed to a couple of times).
    Have not needed to phone them for anything.
    If we get any problems in future, will just switch away as there is no exit fee.
  • ken99
    ken99 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Told to submit meter readings but cant log onto site to do it. They used my email to contact me but wont recognise it when I try to log on. Keep trying without luck to contact them by phone and email.. What happens now
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ken99 wrote: »
    Told to submit meter readings but cant log onto site to do it. They used my email to contact me but wont recognise it when I try to log on. Keep trying without luck to contact them by phone and email.. What happens now

Email them at meter.readings@iresa.co.uk with your meter readings and customer number
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 28 March 2017 at 7:41PM
    Options
    SamNRG wrote: »
    Since I joined Iresa a few months ago, I've been unable to sleep at night. They don't answer the phone, they don't answer my emails, they don't answer my Facebook messages, nothing.
    Unable to sleep because an energy supplier doesn't respond to your emails or farcebook message?
    Get real. God forbid you ever have anything worth worrying about.

Self fulfilling prophecy?
    SamNRG wrote: »
    I can't believe people would sign up with a energy company with such horrendous reviews. All for the sake of probably around £10 a month.
  • nekro
    nekro Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Their customer service is awful, every time I call in I'm number 40 in the queue and just get put on hold forever.
    Nobody responds to the tickets that I raise on their site either.
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Similar thing has also been posted on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pg/IresaLimited/posts/
    Happy Monday Everybody 1f642.png:)
    Let us start the week with some good news! We have updated our calorific value, and all customers have been refunded the amended difference from past usage. This has resulted in a little delay in this month's bill, but rest assured your bill will be available shortly with the new, up to date calorific value 1f642.png
    They've even managed to update their FAQ's on their website with a new description! :D
    There are a wide variety of meters installed in different homes across the United Kingdom. Each meter has a specified unit for the reading it shows. The most commonly used ones are KWH, M3 and FT3. Electricity readings are usually in KWH while Gas readings are commonly read in units of M3 and FT3. Like most energy suppliers, Iresa has adopted the KWH as the unified billing unit for all valid readings submitted for billing purposes. It is therefore important to convert from the base unit of the meter to KWH.
    Suppliers are required to maintain a calorific value between a legal limit of 38MJ/m3 to 41MJ/m3 (see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/gas-meter-readings-and-bill-calculation). We use a calorific value based on your region as provided by National Grid.
    • Correction Factor for Temperature and Pressure = 1.02264
    • Divisor Factor for KWh Conversion = 3.6
    • Multiplier to convert from FT3 to M3 = 2.83
    Conversion from from FT3 to KWH
    • Multiplier = 2.83* (38MJ/m3 to 41MJ/m3) * 1.02264 /3.6 = (30.5485 to 32.9602)
    Conversion from from M3 to KWH
    • Multiplier = (38MJ/m3 to 41MJ/m3) * 1.02264 /3.6 = (10.7945 to 11.6467)
    To bill you for consumption we will calculate the difference between two validated meter readings and multiply this value by the multiplier of the base unit.
    I suppose the proof of the pudding will be in the next bills.

Have any customers actually received a gas bill from Iresa since this announcement on the 13th March?
  • System
    Options
    Have any customers actually received a gas bill from Iresa since this announcement on the 13th March?

Err - no. My complaint about this is now with The Energy Ombudsman.
  • Bill_24
    Options
    Energy is cheap but if you have a problem they are almost impossible to contact, I phoned after several attempts to email with no reply. when I called I was number 74 in the Q 2Hrs 40 mins later I was answered, This means there is only one person answering calls ( I programme call centre software and call handling). They promised they would sort my paperwork out and email me back, two weeks later I still have heard nothing. I will be leaving at the first opportunity. STEER CLEAR.
  • DMC1970
    Options
    awful customer service. currently number 45 in Que on on phone
    having bills, taking my money
    i was able to enter my elec reading but no facility to enter gas reading, been over a month now since entering online query with no reply from them
  • System
    Options
    DMC1970 wrote: »
    awful customer service. currently number 45 in Que on on phone
    having bills, taking my money
    i was able to enter my elec reading but no facility to enter gas reading, been over a month now since entering online query with no reply from them

meter.readings@iresa.co.uk with your meter reading and Customer Number should do the trick.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure