Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    A quick message to them on Facbook and I'm sure they would have resolved you problem.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BrianLargo wrote: »
    I "joined" Iresa in February on dual fuel. I was asked in early March to give meter readings. I couldn't log in to give these. It would not accept my login details. I tried many times to reset my password but after giving my registered email, postcode and date of birth all I got was "Oops something has gone wrong" and no help. I have tried emailing to ask for a password reset with no success. I have tried phoning but after half an hour of moving very slowly down a long queue I have hung up. This has happened several times and the phone "service" only operates 8 till 6 on weekdays.
    Today I have set up a switch to another supplier. To me Iresa has been a nightmare I switch almost every year but have never come across any company like this.

Meter.readings@iresa.co.uk with your account number would have probably done the trick. Even if it hadn't, the Data Collectors would have provided meter readings to open and close your accounts.

That said, Iresa has gone for the 'Gold' at the expense of customer service, and it may yet prove to be a flawed business decision. Four months on, I am still waiting for an accurate gas bill.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Really, suggesting that the only way to resolve customer problems is via social media is not good enough for me.

I was seriously considering transferring to them but have decided it is not worth the potential problems.

I know this is not the thing to say on a money saving forum, but even if I pay slightly more so be it.

What I lose in cash I will gain in peace of mind, I have numerous other things to do other than chase up energy companies.
    J
  • British_Gas_Rep_Matt
    British_Gas_Rep_Matt Posts: 179 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Signed up 11 Feb 2017. Electricity switched 13 March and gas 19 March. There is double paying at the beginning as Iresa has taken a DD on 2 March and BG took one on 16 March. The switch has been easy so far and I don't mind paying my DD upfront. The question is how long does it take for BG to give me a refund?

Hi Lucy Lockett, we'll issue your final bill after we've received your final readings from your new supplier.

Although it can sometimes take 6-8 weeks to formally agree the switchover readings, it's usually done in a couple of weeks.

Any credit left over after your final bill is issued would then be refunded to your bank account in 3-5 working days. Cheers, Matt
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    BrianLargo wrote: »
    I "joined" Iresa in February on dual fuel. I was asked in early March to give meter readings. I couldn't log in to give these. It would not accept my login details. I tried many times to reset my password but after giving my registered email, postcode and date of birth all I got was "Oops something has gone wrong" and no help. I have tried emailing to ask for a password reset with no success. I have tried phoning but after half an hour of moving very slowly down a long queue I have hung up. This has happened several times and the phone "service" only operates 8 till 6 on weekdays.
    Today I have set up a switch to another supplier. To me Iresa has been a nightmare I switch almost every year but have never come across any company like this.
    I had this problem myself when I used the log in details that I had setup. However they did send an email which contained the correct password which did allow me to log in. All the password reset stuff did not work but the log in information that they had sent after they had set up the online part did work for me. Therefore check your emails for log in details from Iresa. Once you log in you can then change your password. If you are switching then this will not help. But for anyone else it could prove useful.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tried to log on to personal IRESA site today but Firefox will not let me connect -says that site is insecure - just wanted to check that 2nd DD was showing and that 2nd meter reading had been validated.
    I suppose it might be due to the clocks going forward and the way IRESA are handling security certificates ?
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Tried to log on to personal IRESA site today but Firefox will not let me connect -says that site is insecure
    Yes, site needs some work, but safe (in my opinion) to add an exception and continue to site.

"selfservice.iresa.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates. An additional root certificate may need to be imported. The certificate expired on 25 March 2017 23:59."
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • System
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Yes, site needs some work, but safe (in my opinion) to add an exception and continue to site.

"selfservice.iresa.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates. An additional root certificate may need to be imported. The certificate expired on 25 March 2017 23:59."

Top of the list for the IT guys on Monday.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Top of the list for the IT guys on Monday.

...and they have IT guys ??:rotfl:
  • System
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...and they have IT guys ??:rotfl:

Clearly, they must have, as the site is loading normally now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure