Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    BrianLargo wrote: »
    I "joined" Iresa in February on dual fuel. I was asked in early March to give meter readings. I couldn't log in to give these. It would not accept my login details. I tried many times to reset my password but after giving my registered email, postcode and date of birth all I got was "Oops something has gone wrong" and no help. I have tried emailing to ask for a password reset with no success. I have tried phoning but after half an hour of moving very slowly down a long queue I have hung up. This has happened several times and the phone "service" only operates 8 till 6 on weekdays.
    Today I have set up a switch to another supplier. To me Iresa has been a nightmare I switch almost every year but have never come across any company like this.

So you switched to a "Stella Artois" supplier because this particular supplier could not handle your meter read via their online account?

And Alexander Graham Bell was so proud of his invention back in 1876.
    Prior to that in 1840, this country invented the Penny Black (the postal system was around before that time buit was complex and expensive)

That's progress, I suppose. :cool:

Good luck!
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Tried to log on to personal IRESA site today but Firefox will not let me connect -says that site is insecure - just wanted to check that 2nd DD was showing and that 2nd meter reading had been validated.
    I suppose it might be due to the clocks going forward and the way IRESA are handling security certificates ?

Firefox tells me this site is insecure too when I attempt to login! :eek:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    Firefox tells me this site is insecure too when I attempt to login! :eek:

Try clearing your cache. You may be loading a webpage from history. It is working fine on Safari now and it wasn't doing so earlier today. A quick check reveals:

https://www.iresa.co.uk resolves to 46.30.215.63

Server Type: Apache

The certificate should be trusted by all major web browsers (all the correct intermediate certificates are installed).

The certificate was issued by Comodo.

The certificate will expire in 358 days.

The hostname (https://www.iresa.co.uk) is correctly listed in the certificate.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So far,so good for me with IRESA - The invalid certificate problem vanished and when I logged in, the second meter reading is showing along with my second DD and the balance agrees to the penny with my spreadsheet. :T
    BUT I've only switched leccy to them - from the sounds of it, gas switches are much more problematic.:(
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    So far,so good for me with IRESA - The invalid certificate problem vanished and when I logged in, the second meter reading is showing along with my second DD and the balance agrees to the penny with my spreadsheet. :T
    BUT I've only switched leccy to them - from the sounds of it, gas switches are much more problematic.:(

Same here for the relative I helped switch electric to Iresa recently.
    Meter reading provided last Friday, showing in the on-line account today.
    Transactions match what they should be too.
    Glad I helped them move to Zog for gas, as agree, most of the issues with Iresa seem to be with gas.
  • System
    Options
    Same here for the relative I helped switch electric to Iresa recently.
    Meter reading provided last Friday, showing in the on-line account today.
    Transactions match what they should be too.
    Glad I helped them move to Zog for gas, as agree, most of the issues with Iresa seem to be with gas.

I hope that your relative has a Twitter account as it seems to be the only way to communicate with them/ (and then not every day)

You are correct, gas accounts are still causing them issues. Four months on, I have yet to get an accurate gas bill. The matter is now with The EO but I am not holding my breath re a quick resolution.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    I hope that your relative has a Twitter account as it seems to be the only way to communicate with them/ (and then not every day)
    They and ourselves don't use Twitter; but have not needed to use it. The few times we have contacted Iresa about something we have had a response within a reasonable time. For example, asked for our own DD to be increased slightly (because of using slghtly more electric than expected) and had a response within 24 hours.
  • System
    Options
    They and ourselves don't use Twitter; but have not needed to use it. The few times we have contacted Iresa about something we have had a response within a reasonable time. For example, asked for our own DD to be increased slightly (because of using slghtly more electric than expected) and had a response within 24 hours.

Wow - you must have the magic touch. From the many posts on Twitter, people are spending hours on the phone and just about every post from Iresa has the word 'sorry' in it. Trustpilot is also worth a read. Will Iresa be the next GBEnergy - only they know?
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    T The few times we have contacted Iresa about something we have had a response within a reasonable time.
    Interested to know when that was? e.g. 2016 or 2017
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • SamNRG
    SamNRG Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Since I joined Iresa a few months ago, I've been unable to sleep at night. They don't answer the phone, they don't answer my emails, they don't answer my Facebook messages, nothing.

Whoever, owns this company should be eternally banned from running any type of company going forward. Ofgem must have been out of their mind to give this company a license.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure