Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I received a gas bill on 14/3. No electricity bill yet, as they have failed to set up my electricity meter point after 8 weeks on supply. Meter readings submitted on 22/3 (at their request) still do not show up in the account.
    Hengus, you make a good point about no Ofgem requirement for a telephone customer service facility, but the problem with Iresa is that neither do they offer any meaningful alternative customer service via email or messaging through the online account. I haven't tried writing a letter yet, but I doubt that it would even get opened. Perhaps if one of their local customers could go around and knock on their office door they might have more luck?
    Surely Ofgem require licensed suppliers to offer some form of customer service that doesn't take a month or more to get a response (and often no response at all?
    I could forgive Iresa an initial stumble due to a sudden influx of new customers, but they have now had time to react to that and provide more resources. It seems to be that they simply aren't bothered.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    I received a gas bill on 14/3. No electricity bill yet, as they have failed to set up my electricity meter point after 8 weeks on supply. Meter readings submitted on 22/3 (at their request) still do not show up in the account.
    Hengus, you make a good point about no Ofgem requirement for a telephone customer service facility, but the problem with Iresa is that neither do they offer any meaningful alternative customer service via email or messaging through the online account. I haven't tried writing a letter yet, but I doubt that it would even get opened. Perhaps if one of their local customers could go around and knock on their office door they might have more luck?
    Surely Ofgem require licensed suppliers to offer some form of customer service that doesn't take a month or more to get a response (and often no response at all?
    I could forgive Iresa an initial stumble due to a sudden influx of new customers, but they have now had time to react to that and provide more resources. It seems to be that they simply aren't bothered.

I am not defending Iresa. They are a challenging company to deal with. It is easy to say that we shouldn't need customer service but if a supplier isn't getting everything right, then the customer has to be able to contact them by some means ( and I do not mean Twitter or Facebook), and get a considered response.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't think you were defending them (though personally I'd use a less polite description than 'challenging'). In the meantime I have emailed consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk just to keep the pressure on. Every little helps...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    . Every little helps...

I agree. I note that they have stopped 'twittering' (if that is a word). I have just updated my spreadsheet and as of 31 March, I owe them £27.88 for gas (using the correct CV) so they are at least banking with me!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't know when IRESA started to pick up customers on their initial 1 yr fixes ......but it is certainly going to stretch them still further as people start to migrate away later this year (or try to!)
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update.

Gas reading provided as requested 14th March-accepted & showing online almost straight away.
    Electric reading provided as requested 19th March but only today 5th April showing online & 18 units different to that provided.
    Ex EON account now showing as closed with last statement showing matched readings and extension of last year fixed tariff until date of switch.
    So all now with IRESA and to date no contact required (thankfully!).
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    philng wrote: »
    Update.

Gas reading provided as requested 14th March-accepted & showing online almost straight away.
    Electric reading provided as requested 19th March but only today 5th April showing online & 18 units different to that provided.
    Ex EON account now showing as closed with last statement showing matched readings and extension of last year fixed tariff until date of switch.
    So all now with IRESA and to date no contact required (thankfully!).

Thanks for the update philng. Sorry to lose you but glad our account closed as it should with price protection properly applied.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • srfkdr
    srfkdr Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    They appear to be unable to deal with customer issues because they have long cues on the phone and do not address issues sent by email in a prompt and correct way.

Very frustrating.
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    edited 7 April 2017 at 8:45AM
    Options
    srfkdr wrote: »
    They appear to be unable to deal with customer issues because they have long cues on the phone and do not address issues sent by email in a prompt and correct way.

Very frustrating.

I can fully understand how frustrated you feel - you even created a user ID here just to express it.

Why not use your online account to contact Iresa?

I contacted them yesterday that way and already have received a response :)

In the other thread regarding this supplier, also on the go currently, MSEer poppellerant said they emailed this supplier and got a reply within 24 hrs
    Perhaps check your spam folder? :cool:
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    miniemma wrote: »
    3 from British Gas, they've split my gas and elec and added a random DD too! Hence my twitchiness about getting a closing reading to them sooner rather than later.

I had the same. The first DD was closing the electric account, which wasn't very much as they used the previous months gas+electric DD. Then they produced a gas bill and split the total into two arbitrary amounts and collected it on different days. Possibly to avoid putting a large DD through in one go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure