Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MCGONIS wrote: »
    My request through "self service" on their website asking them to increase my direct debit is still open and the direct debit has not been changed. The request was made on 22/02/2017. NOT HAPPY WITH IRESA.
    I can see this being a very big problem for many, including me. If the DD is wrong and usage is higher then the DD will not cover it. Will they automatically increase the DD and if so by how much? I am used to discussing this with a call centre and arranging a DD that I think is adequate to cover things without paying too much like many energy companies like to charge.

I am seriously considering switching away and I have only been a customer a few days. That itself I question as the website shows a different start date to what they told me via email. I have never received a request for meter reading either. I did supply one early when I first logged into my account and have since added 2 more meter readings on the days when the switch was meant to begin. None of the meter readings show on my account!

I suspect that this will all go t*ts up! I will start looking for another energy company with at least some sort of customer support. I cannot say I am happy with this company so far. I might give it a few weeks to see how it goes while I look for an alternative.
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Options
    paschalfun wrote: »
    disgusting :mad:

And they pay 4% on credit balances ... That's even better than tesco!!! :eek:

not when you owe them money
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    PaschalFun wrote: »
    And they pay 4% on credit balances
    Forgot about that; but surely anybody would be mad to save money @Iresa... wouldn't they?
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • MCGONIS
    Options
    I can see this being a very big problem for many, including me. If the DD is wrong and usage is higher then the DD will not cover it. Will they automatically increase the DD and if so by how much? I am used to discussing this with a call centre and arranging a DD that I think is adequate to cover things without paying too much like many energy companies like to charge.

I am seriously considering switching away and I have only been a customer a few days. That itself I question as the website shows a different start date to what they told me via email. I have never received a request for meter reading either. I did supply one early when I first logged into my account and have since added 2 more meter readings on the days when the switch was meant to begin. None of the meter readings show on my account!

I suspect that this will all go t*ts up! I will start looking for another energy company with at least some sort of customer support. I cannot say I am happy with this company so far. I might give it a few weeks to see how it goes while I look for an alternative.

Hi, I totally agree. I know I probably should sit back and wait for them to go bankrupt and forget all about my debit balance as it will get written off. But that is not how I work, I want to pay extra as my DD is now too low and I am building up a debt (£40) that I don't want.

I done a check last night on uswitch and the cheapest (actually £18 more per year compared to Iresa) for me was POWERSHOP which seems a new company from NZ but you would need to be a Philadelphia lawyer to work out the deal as you have to sign up then buy POWERPACKS. I was totally confused.

The next best decent was Eon at + £34 per year. But I would get £17 cash back so I am only £17 more per year but I could call them instead of all this ZERO customer support from Iresa.

Also when you get comments above this that are as helpful as a chocolate fireguard, it just makes me too confused.

I don't want to be worrying about electricity. I want to know what I pay is near to what I use. Iresa are causing me to worry about something. I think I am going to move.
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fortunately (for me at least) I did give a slightly elevated electricity usage figure above my previous years usage so I should not owe them anything providing my usage has not dramatically increased, which it has a little. With the situation how it is I am now glad that I did that. Still not a good situation to be in not being able to check that what I am using is covered by what I am paying and being able to easily have that adjusted without jumping through hoops or attempting to contact them using social media which I despise.

It's not as if I can check anything as the online account has not been updated and shows nothing except for the money they debited early. It's early days yet but I certainly am not happy with the situation. I certainly do not need additional things to think about as I already have far too much to cope with as it is.

My previous company looks like they are awaiting readings which have not been requested from me by Iresa. From past experiences these energy companies seem to have very creative accountants who fiddle the figures so that they do not have to pay out money that you are in credit. I am glad that I got £200 repaid prior to starting the switch and that took months to get from them. I will have to phone them on Monday and tell them to set my DD to £1 or I will cancel it as they intend debiting my account for another month and from the limited and poor billing it looks like I am already slightly in credit without paying out for another month.

A definite AVOID at all costs unless you have lots of time to waste or enjoy having things to worry about.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I initiated my switch from EON on 14 January when my DD was set up. Since then I was asked to provide meter readings but when I tried to do this online I found out that the meters have not been set up online. So I emailed the readings.

I have so far sent about 14 messages to them via their website and by email but to no avail. They had taken 2 DDs and were about to take a third one when I stopped the DD and claimed back the two DDs under DD indemnity scheme.
    When I joined Iresa my DDs were based on my projected annual usage. Presumably you were the same. Unless your usage has changed your DDs should be about right. Have they been supplying you for the last two months? If so why have you claimed the payments back?
    Just because you cannot view your current readings online does not mean you do not owe them money.
  • MCGONIS
    edited 10 April 2017 at 12:35AM
    Options
    MCGONIS wrote: »
    I think I am going to move.

Cheapest isn't always best.

New Supply Details

New Supplier E.ON
    New Tariff E.ON Saver Fixed 1 Year v8 (Paperless Billing)
    Fuels Electricity
    Economy 7 Meter? No
    New Payment Type Monthly Direct Debit

£35 per year more expensive but get £17 cashback through Quidco. Goodbye Iresa. At least I can phone or email someone and not wait *at least* six weeks for a reply. (although credit to Iresa (the RYANAIR of energy supply) as without them I doubt my new deal would have existed, they possibly have driven down prices)
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Here's their latest "issue" posted on both Facebook and Twitter on 6th April.
    We have noticed an issue with some of our customer putting in their electricity meter reading. This is a known issue and we are working on it with our agents and partners. We hope to resolve this issue within few days. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Of course Iresa have made absolutely no comment about customers being unable to contact them via the usual routes and nobody receiving replies to queries or complaints. So they must consider that to be a non-issue? :mad:

Just to add insult to injury the monthly bills are supposedly due today. Pigs might fly! :D
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PaschalFun wrote: »
    And they pay 4% on credit balances ... that's even better than Tesco!!! :eek:

I'm not convinced that you can get interest.

"4.14 Our interest credits are linked to your energy usage and so you promise that you will not make payments into your account just to receive interest credits. If we think you are making payments into your account just to receive interest credits, we will refund the extra amounts to you and may withhold the interest credits on those amounts."

They start taking money before they start supplying, but I'm not sure that counts as in credit either.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 10 April 2017 at 1:49PM
    Options
    phillw wrote: »
    I'm not convinced that you can get interest.

I get monthly interest calculated on the same day as the paper bill.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure